North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Jun 2014, 9:53 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]You must be one of those "glass half full" kind of people then haha. I'm completely the opposite Sad

Normally glass half empty, supporting Darlington does that, lol...

I just can't see Costa Rica getting anything tomorrow night, and can't see Uruguay beating the Eye-Ties and I am fully confident we will beat Costa Rica...

If...A very big if...We do go through, I don't think we will get past the 2nd round
Had to laugh at Robbie Savage's rant just then over Ballotelli being on the floor... Completely agree with him!
I'm pissed off now...Costa Rica have not done much on the world stage ever, now there playing the games of there lives...

COME ON ITALY 😈
(20 Jun 2014, 4:56 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I'm pissed off now...Costa Rica have not done much on the world stage ever, now there playing the games of there lives...

COME ON ITALY ?

I've got Costa Rica in the work sweepstake ... Everyone had written them off!
(20 Jun 2014, 5:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I've got Costa Rica in the work sweepstake ... Everyone had written them off!

That we have
(20 Jun 2014, 4:56 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I'm pissed off now...Costa Rica have not done much on the world stage ever, now there playing the games of there lives...

Or maybe they just want it more.

I actually want Costa Rica to win now, I like a good underdog story.
(20 Jun 2014, 5:46 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Or maybe they just want it more.

I actually want Costa Rica to win now, I like a good underdog story.

Can't deny I am pleased, another step closer to £100 Smile
(20 Jun 2014, 6:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Can't deny I am pleased, another step closer to £100 Smile

Not bad mate, though it is a huge task for them to win now...

One of 4 teams will probably win it now...Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Holland...Want Holland to win, as there my 2nd International Team after England
(20 Jun 2014, 6:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Can't deny I am pleased, another step closer to £100 Smile

As I said, normally, I always root for the underdog to win.

I really want Uruguay to beat Italy now!
(20 Jun 2014, 6:07 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Not bad mate, though it is a huge task for them to win now...

One of 4 teams will probably win it now...Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Holland...Want Holland to win, as there my 2nd International Team after England

Germany are my second international team after Scotland.
(20 Jun 2014, 6:09 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]As I said, normally, I always root for the underdog to win.

I really want Uruguay beat Italy now!

Yeah, I like a good Underdog story and Costa Rica is the best underdog tale of this tournament.

Beginning of the tournament Costa Rica came with nothing to lose and went to pull off 2 of the biggest shocks beating the current South American Champions and European Champions.

I wish them all the best in the tournament and it would be a neutral fans wet dream for them to win the tournament.

So the inquest and fallout starts, where do we go from here, the FA have said Woy will wemain until Euro 2016, that sounds like a Vote Of Confidence which is never good for any manager and means they are on borrowed time...

Let say Woy gets sacked, who will replace him, 'Arry Redknapp, Steve Bruce, Alan Pardew, that would be a No, No and No from me or do we go foreign again.

As for the team, I am starting to think the National Team should look for Stevie G's replacement and give Charles Hart the Captaincy.

We have some good youngsters in the squad who have not peaked yet, so focus on that, try and develop the likes of Jack Wilshere, Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge, Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana and Luke Shaw.

I am gutted to be honest, but to be fair there wasn't any high expectations for the tournament
Why do i have a feeling we will leave with 0 points..

Costa Rica has surprised me, like AdamY said.. i always go for the underdogs
(20 Jun 2014, 6:11 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Germany are my second international team after Scotland.

The Germans and Jocks, 2 teams I absolutely love to hate Big Grin Northern Ireland is one of my other teams whose results I look out for
France are on the rampage...5-0 up against the Swiss
(20 Jun 2014, 8:31 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]France are on the rampage...5-0 up against the Swiss

If it stays that way, 15 points for me Wink
The commentator just said "you know your in trouble when the box at the bottom of the screen has to scroll to show all the scorers" it's like the Grandstand/Soccer Saturday vidiprinter, you know your in trouble when not only the score is shown in number form, but also spelt out in capital letters in a bracket [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(20 Jun 2014, 8:33 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]If it stays that way, 15 points for me Wink

Should have kept my mouth shut. Dodgy
Hahaha
Not a bad result from a neutral pov...5-2 France with Benzema being denied in the last seconds
Right... Have thought long and hard about this, so...

England were poor at the World Cup.
I predicted we weren't going to get out of the groups and we didn't.

Whatever is said about the performance against Italy and Uruguay, England weren't good enough.

We have qualified using the older, more experienced players - yet when it came to the crunch, Hodgson decided to go with a blend of youth and experience.
Granted, that was probably a good thing, but why not start with the youngsters in qualifying?
At least they would have had a tad more experience going into a major tournament.

The next point is about the Premier League and the amount of foreigners playing in it.
I read somewhere, approx 1/3 of players in the Prem qualify for England.
Haven't done any maths, but it would be interesting to see how many wc goals or appearances have been scored by players plying their trade in the Prem.

I have no idea whether it is EU law or not, but there needs to be something done, to encourage teams to play English players.
Look at Micah Richards. In my opinion, twice the player Glen Johnson is, yet he is rotting away in the reserves on massive wages - with foreign players being picked season after season ahead of him, all of varying quality.
Zabeleta, the fella who was there just a season and left cos he was past it (his name escapes me), Corluka, Boateng and now they have Sagna coming in.

Then you have Luke Shaw - who wont get a game when he leaves Southampton for a top three team (Jack Rodwell anyone? Andy Johnson? Scott Sinclair?).

You have other teams, buying quick fix foreign players - that can be sold on for a quick profit too (Newcastle... Rolleyes ).

Granted, encouraging native players into the first team, wont solve everything.
Bobby Robson gave caps to some poor, poor players in the 80's for example.
However, what we also had during that period, was a handful of pro's playing across Europe - in part because of the UEFA van on English clubs.
However, there is no doubt, those moves helped the majority of those players become better.

When I heard Tom Ince was interesting top clubs abroad, I was pleased.
However, it looks like he is going to a mid table Premier League team of some description.

Getting back to England - forget the old guard and start again, with youth for the Euro's.

edit: The player who's name I couldn't remember - Maicon.