North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27 Apr 2014, 6:09 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Would like to have him at Newcastle, might actually play for the badge not just the pay packet

If he is indeed a Newcastle fan then there's always an upside to him signing.

I said the same thing about Danny Graham when the opportunity arose to sign him. He may not be the best striker in the world, but he's hungry to play and when on form he can score goals.
(27 Apr 2014, 6:33 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]If he is indeed a Newcastle fan then there's always an upside to him signing.

I said the same thing about Danny Graham when the opportunity arose to sign him. He may not be the best striker in the world, but he's hungry to play and when on form he can score goals.

Theres no such thing as loyalty in football these days
sorry folks, went straight to a party after the match yesterday and have been bothered to log on now. Anyway, great win for Gateshead. Great match. Now got Grimsby in the play offs. We're away on Thursday and then home on Sunday, kick off at 4:30pm. It is an all ticketed event though, so you can't pay on the door. You can get tickets from the mini box office at G'head Stadium tomorrow and Tuesday anytime between 10am and 8pm.

I'm quietly confident we're going up. Just have to hope and pray Smile
(27 Apr 2014, 8:49 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]sorry folks, went straight to a party after the match yesterday and have been bothered to log on now. Anyway, great win for Gateshead. Great match. Now got Grimsby in the play offs. We're away on Thursday and then home on Sunday, kick off at 4:30pm. It is an all ticketed event though, so you can't pay on the door. You can get tickets from the mini box office at G'head Stadium tomorrow and Tuesday anytime between 10am and 8pm.

I'm quietly confident we're going up. Just have to hope and pray Smile

Is it just tomorrow and tuesday for tickets, i am smashed till friday lol
(27 Apr 2014, 8:51 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Is it just tomorrow and tuesday for tickets, i am smashed till friday lol

ah sorry, never realised they've extended it. Now selling them on Wed, Thu and Fri at the same times.

Alternatively, you can order your ticket on the internet and then collect it at the box office on any day until just before kick off on Sunday.

The link below has all the information required Smile

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4869/gateshe...nformation
(27 Apr 2014, 9:00 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]ah sorry, never realised they've extended it. Now selling them on Wed, Thu and Fri at the same times.

Alternatively, you can order your ticket on the internet and then collect it at the box office on any day until just before kick off on Sunday.

The link below has all the information required Smile

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4869/gateshe...nformation

Might try and get a ticket later in the week...

See there was a big crowd yesterday around the 3k mark, what do you expect for the home game on Sunday, do you think 5 figures will turn out for it...what is the capacity by the way?????

What a goal
(27 Apr 2014, 9:27 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Might try and get a ticket later in the week...

See there was a big crowd yesterday around the 3k mark, what do you expect for the home game on Sunday, do you think 5 figures will turn out for it...what is the capacity by the way?????

There won't be a 5 figure crowd there. I would say between 3000 and 5000. Grimsby will probably fetch a few hundred up.

The stadium capacity is 11,000 odd. Don't know the exact figure off the top of my head.
(27 Apr 2014, 9:44 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]There won't be a 5 figure crowd there. I would say between 3000 and 5000. Grimsby will probably fetch a few hundred up.

The stadium capacity is 11,000 odd. Don't know the exact figure off the top of my head.

Well if I aint able to get along, good luck, football league here you come, hopefully...Local Derbies with the Chimp Chokers
(27 Apr 2014, 8:18 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Theres no such thing as loyalty in football these days

I never mentioned loyalty. If a more lucrative opportunity comes knocking then I suspect he'll be off to pastures new - he'd be foolish not to. However, if one has the chance to play for the club they support then I'd imagine you'd want to contribute to that the success of that club. This adds an extra element to any footballer's game - an upside if you will.
(27 Apr 2014, 10:02 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Well if I aint able to get along, good luck, football league here you come, hopefully...Local Derbies with the Chimp Chokers

Thank you. It'll be fantastic if we do go up. Who knows, this time next week I could be singing a rather drunken rendition of the adapted football version of Que Sera Sera Tongue

Hope Darlo do well in their play offs as well.
(27 Apr 2014, 10:15 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I never mentioned loyalty. If a more lucrative opportunity comes knocking then I suspect he'll be off to pastures new - he'd be foolish not to. However, if one has the chance to play for the club they support then I'd imagine you'd want to contribute to that the success of that club. This adds an extra element to any footballer's game - an upside if you will.

Apologies, the loyalty thing was supposed to be a response to...I quoted you by mistake...

(27 Apr 2014, 6:09 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Would like to have him at Newcastle, might actually play for the badge not just the pay packet

(27 Apr 2014, 10:17 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Thank you. It'll be fantastic if we do go up. Who knows, this time next week I could be singing a rather drunken rendition of the adapted football version of Que Sera Sera Tongue

Hope Darlo do well in their play offs as well.

Yeah, hope we can win the Play Offs, we are playing a team who have 6 pointed us in the league this season, but we have home advantage, a sell out crowd, close to 2000 rabid home fans, we are better now than earlier in the season
Good luck to both Gateshead and Darlington this week in there division play-offs...

Hope Gateshead can trump Grimsby and Darlington can better Ramsbottom Utd
This just made me chuckle...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...tball.html

Basically in a recent Barcelona game Dani Alves came up to take a corner and a fan threw a banana at him...Cue one of the most amusing things ever...

He picked it up and ate it
It appears the FPF are active radio phone in participants too.

Was listening to Total Sport on Radio Newcastle and a rather militant Newcastle supporter from Fencehouses got in touch to voice her disgust with the team.
Couldn't really hear much cos of my chuckling, but the gist of the call involved sacking the team.
Well, it ended in tears for Darlington tonight, beaten 2-0 by Ramsbottom in the play offs, the referee was a disgrace going by the commentary I was listening too...

Oh well, we have a local derby with Spennymoor to look forward to next season
Good luck to Gateshead tonight
So it is 1-1 at half time in the Gateshead Play Off Tie...

Highlights from Darlos defeat on Wednesday Night
It's squeaky bum time this weekend and I'm not just talking about Max Clifford!