North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is a yearly tradition that Hartlepool fans do the last away game in fancy dress, but this years theme has drawn criticism from some people due to the possibility of 'blacking up'. Now there's people trying to counteract the claims of racism by bringing the Sol Campbell election campaign poster into the equation, and asking if its acceptable for a black man to make his face white without the same accusations being made.
(24 Apr 2015, 7:39 pm)beefcake wrote [ -> ]It is a yearly tradition that Hartlepool fans do the last away game in fancy dress, but this years theme has drawn criticism from some people due to the possibility of 'blacking up'. Now there's people trying to counteract the claims of racism by bringing the Sol Campbell election campaign poster into the equation, and asking if its acceptable for a black man to make his face white without the same accusations being made.
Blacking up is pushing it a bit like, but then so is the Sol Campbell 'Operation Black Vote'...There would be absolute hell on if groups like the BNP, EDL or UKIP started an 'Operation White Vote'
Adam Johnson is not in the Sunderland Squad for todays Match against Stoke, Whilst he may be available to play I dont see playing any more this Season, also read earlier if he is found guilty of what he has been charged with, then he will face a minimum of 14 Years in Prison.
(25 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Adam Johnson is not in the Sunderland Squad for todays Match against Stoke, Whilst he may be available to play I dont see playing any more this Season, also read earlier if he is found guilty of what he has been charged with, then he will face a minimum of 14 Years in Prison.
I would prefer it of he did not play again, with everything going on it is probably best to stay out of the public limelight for a bit

Dunno if he will get 14 years if found guilty...Ched Evans got 5 for Rape...

If found guilty, I would imagine his sentences would run concurrently...I am not fully convinced he is guilty.

Just need to wait and see
(25 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I would prefer it of he did not play again, with everything going on it is probably best to stay out of the public limelight for a bit

Dunno if he will get 14 years if found guilty...Ched Evans got 5 for Rape...

If found guilty, I would imagine his sentences would run concurrently...I am not fully convinced he is guilty.

Just  need to wait and see

I think it'll depend on how much evidence is given mate
Well that performance from Gateshead was a disgrace. The players quite clearly didn't care. And as for Gary Mills he can f**k off to Tranmere or Wrexham and I'll happily pay the taxi fare for the two faced ^$&"*.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how embarrassing we played.

I am embarassed to call myself a Gateshead fan after that heap of sh!t.

MILLS OUT
(25 Apr 2015, 8:49 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Well that performance from Gateshead was a disgrace. The players quite clearly didn't care. And as for Gary Mills he can f**k off to Tranmere or Wrexham and I'll happily pay the taxi fare for the two faced ^$&"*.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how embarrassing we played.

I am embarassed to call myself a Gateshead fan after that heap of sh!t.

MILLS OUT

You cannot really call yourself a true supporter, in football you have good and bad times but you have to support them through thick and thin
(25 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]You cannot really call yourself a true supporter, in football you have good and bad times but you have to support them through thick and thin

Are you being serious? I first started supporting the club when they were in the UniBond!!!!!!!!!! 

Everything I've done for the club over the last 5 seasons and I'm not a true fan?!?!?!?
(25 Apr 2015, 8:56 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Are you being serious? I first started supporting the club when they were in the UniBond!!!!!!!!!! 

Everything I've done for the club over the last 5 seasons and I'm not a true fan?!?!?!?

Yes but you have to support the team through the good and bad times, the main reason Gateshead have had a poor season this (Well last) season is because they lost 2 of their main players and the others couldn't gel together
(25 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Yes but you have to support the team through the good and bad times, the main reason Gateshead have had a poor season this (Well last) season is because they lost 2 of their main players and the others couldn't gel together

I always have and always will but today just took the mick. It was embarrassing! The fault lies with the manager and he can (to put it politely) go away before someone in a white coat comes for him! 
(25 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I always have and always will but today just took the mick. It was embarrassing! The fault lies with the manager and he can (to put it politely) go away before someone in a white coat comes for him! 

Just because they haven't played up to full potential it doesn't mean the manager has to go, just remember what he did for them, they were nailed on for relegation and he too them to 90 minutes from the football league, however it just wasn't meant to be. I know in modern day football teams usually sack their manager for a lack of good performances but it isn't easy to find a manager who is as good as Gary Mills who could actually have to drop down a league 
(25 Apr 2015, 9:07 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Just because they haven't played up to full potential it doesn't mean the manager has to go, just remember what he did for them, they were nailed on for relegation and he too them to 90 minutes from the football league, however it just wasn't meant to be. I know in modern day football teams usually sack their manager for a lack of good performances but it isn't easy to find a manager who is as good as Gary Mills who could actually have to drop down a league 

That was the past, this is the present! Speak to any Heed fan and most of them would say he can p1ss off. Very very two faced. It's not about the results its about his lack of respect and it Mr Wood doesn't sack him then i would be surprised. Plenty of managers available eg Micky Adams, Micky Cummins etc. 
(25 Apr 2015, 9:17 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]That was the past, this is the present! Speak to any Heed fan and most of them would say he can p1ss off. Very very two faced. It's not about the results its about his lack of respect and it Mr Wood doesn't sack him then i would be surprised. Plenty of managers available eg Micky Adams, Micky Cummins etc. 

Mr Wood might keep him on until an Experienced manager who has great ability comes along
(25 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Mr Wood might keep him on until an Experienced manager who has great ability comes along

It's not upto Graham if Mills wants to go. Wrexham have agreed a 30k compensation package with 'a club' for a manager with great reputation. 
(25 Apr 2015, 9:22 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]It's not upto Graham if Mills wants to go. Wrexham have agreed a 30k compensation package with 'a club' for a manager with great reputation. 

I know but it's up to Graham to sack him. Ps Gary \Mills is the Wrexham manager
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

According to BBC Newcastle Gary Mills is to be soon unveiled as the Wrexham boss after deciding not to speak to Tranmere
Gonna chime in to this heated debate, I think accusing Lee of not being a true fan is a bit unfair, but I dont agree with the scathing attacks on Mills either.

Ok, this season has not been as good, but don't forget Wembley, you were in the depths of hell when Mills took over, I will say the same to Sunderland fans when thinking about Gus Poyet.

Had you not got to Wembley last season which raised the expectation this season, 10th would probably be a decent finish.

When I think of Gateshead, one thing always sticks out as to what should happen, I say it everytime I talk about The Heed, get a new ground built, a place where a good atmosphere can be generated, that will never happen at the Int'l Stadium which is one of the worst grounds for football
(26 Apr 2015, 12:51 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Gonna chime in to this heated debate, I think accusing Lee of not being a true fan is a bit unfair, but I dont agree with the scathing attacks on Mills either.

Ok, this season has not been as good, but don't forget Wembley, you were in the depths of hell when Mills took over, I will say the same to Sunderland fans when thinking about Gus Poyet.

Had you not got to Wembley last season which raised the expectation this season, 10th would probably be a decent finish.

When I think of Gateshead, one thing always sticks out as to what should happen, I say it everytime I talk about The Heed, get a new ground built, a place where a good atmosphere can be generated, that will never happen at the Int'l Stadium which is one of the worst grounds for football

nearly every Gateshead fan is having a scathing attack at Mills. 3 days ago he said he loved the club and the chairman. Then, he goes and speaks to two different clubs! 

Very very 2 faced and I hope the prat leaves
(26 Apr 2015, 7:14 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]nearly every Gateshead fan is having a scathing attack at Mills. 3 days ago he said he loved the club and the chairman. Then, he goes and speaks to two different clubs! 

I don't understand why, in your opinion, he's 'very very two faced'. If a better, more favourable job offer comes along you'd be mad to not at least consider it. In any other profession you'd be considered a fool for not making the most of a great opportunity - why should football be any different? 

Besides, you (and other fans) were calling for the head of Mills not so long ago, and now you're upset because he's on the verge of leaving? That's just oxymoronic!
(26 Apr 2015, 7:14 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]nearly every Gateshead fan is having a scathing attack at Mills. 3 days ago he said he loved the club and the chairman. Then, he goes and speaks to two different clubs! 

Don't get worked up about it...It is like a player kissing the badge on his shirt!!!