North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yup lieu day thrown in and brother got me a ticket this morning Big Grin
Superb game last night, swung one way then the other the last 15 mins was unreal
Enjoy it mate...

Sing a song for me Big Grin

#singasongformistafozz
#nebhashtags
https://www.youtube.com/embed/n0xTzjzR3Mk

23 years ago today. Can still remember listening to it, like it was yesterday.
Despair when they equalised at the end of the game and delight just moments later when the own goal went in.
(02 May 2015, 10:07 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/embed/n0xTzjzR3Mk

23 years ago today. Can still remember listening to it, like it was yesterday.
Despair when they equalised at the end of the game and delight just moments later when the own goal went in.

On that very day I was in attendance...

...at the Metrocentre Bus Rally.

I remember it well, the Northumbria Bouncy Castle Bus, the ride up to Tanfield Railway and back and, of course, Newcastle's obliteration of Leicester City. There were a lot of happy faces that day!
(02 May 2015, 10:39 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]On that very day I was in attendance...

...at the Metrocentre Bus Rally.

I remember it well, the Northumbria Bouncy Castle Bus, the ride up to Tanfield Railway and back and, of course, Newcastle's obliteration of Leicester City. There were a lot of happy faces that day!

It was the season after the obliteration happened when they won the league. Just scraped a win and avoided relegation in this game.
(02 May 2015, 10:51 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It was the season after the obliteration happened when they won the league. Just scraped a win and avoided relegation in this game.

Then it's likely I wasn't in attendance at the Metrocentre Bus Rally.

I suppose that's what you get when you only watch 3 seconds of a video.  Blush
This is quite possibly the worst game of football that I've ever seen from Newcastle.
(02 May 2015, 1:35 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]This is quite possibly the worst game of football that I've ever seen from Newcastle.

Could be worse, could be Sunderland, praying we scrape a Win today against Southampton otherwise we are without a doubt going down to the Championship.

And a huge Congratulations to Bournemouth who Won the Championship Today, Beating Charlton 0-3 while Watford drew 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday 
In other news...

Darlington win Promotion to the Evo-Stik Premier Division, local(ish) Derbies with Blyth and Whitby await us next season
(02 May 2015, 4:32 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]In other news...

Darlington win Promotion to the Evo-Stik Premier Division, local(ish) Derbies with Blyth and Whitby await us next season

Very well done to Darlington! It's good to see them beginning to crawl back up the leagues Smile
(02 May 2015, 5:02 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Very well done to Darlington! It's good to see them beginning to crawl back up the leagues Smile

2 promotions in 3 seasons - we'll get there!
Evostik Premier next year with tons of new away days to sample!
Superb day today but a proper game of two halves, Bamber Bridge were on top in the first half but failed to make it count. Second half we were on top, and Bamber having to play extra time on Tuesday really started to show. 2 goals from our strikers Cartman and Armstrong put the game to bed around the hour mark and then it was a case of making our advantage count.
Gateshead midfielder JJ O'Donnell has unfortunately picked up a serious injury which has left him with only a 50/50 chance of EVER playing football again. Unfortunately, due to the cost of treatment Gateshead FC cannot fund his treatment. Therefore I have set up a Go Fund Me page for JJ and it would be much appreciated if people could donate as much as possible. Thank you and please don't forget to spread the word.
http://www.gofundme.com/tkwfds?fb_action...3948317359&fb_action_types=og.shares
Well, I'm ever closer to winning £228.42. If Newcastle keep it up, I be quids in.

Despite being a Newcastle fan. At the beginning of April, I placed a bet of £2.82 on Newcastle to get relegated at 80/1.

Prob be one of the few Newcastle fans happy to see them go down. But they way they are playing (and many of the customers at work agree with me), is that they deserve to go down.
(03 May 2015, 12:17 am)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Well, I'm ever closer to winning £228.42. If Newcastle keep it up, I be quids in.

Despite being a Newcastle fan. At the beginning of April, I placed a bet of £2.82 on Newcastle to get relegated at 80/1.
I bet you could not get them odds now, probably odds on!
(02 May 2015, 8:49 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Gateshead midfielder JJ O'Donnell has unfortunately picked up a serious injury which has left him with only a 50/50 chance of EVER playing football again. Unfortunately, due to the cost of treatment Gateshead FC cannot fund his treatment. Therefore I have set up a Go Fund Me page for JJ and it would be much appreciated if people could donate as much as possible. Thank you and please don't forget to spread the word.

I would jut like to update everybody on how the funraser is going. 

IN THE LAST 11 HOURS £670 HAS BEEN RAISED - THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE DONATED!
(02 May 2015, 8:49 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Gateshead midfielder JJ O'Donnell has unfortunately picked up a serious injury which has left him with only a 50/50 chance of EVER playing football again. Unfortunately, due to the cost of treatment Gateshead FC cannot fund his treatment. Therefore I have set up a Go Fund Me page for JJ and it would be much appreciated if people could donate as much as possible. Thank you and please don't forget to spread the word.
What has happened to him mate, what injury has he picked up, badly broken leg, ACL/PCL?
(03 May 2015, 7:17 am)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I would jut like to update everybody on how the funraser is going. 

IN THE LAST 11 HOURS £670 HAS BEEN RAISED - THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE DONATED!
I am skint...

Can I ask one thing, I promise I am not having a dig, it is admirable what your doing and I think you are doing a good thing, but he is a professional footballer, does he need a whip round, don't clubs and players have insurance for things like this??? I do hope he recovers from the injury and can continue to play in future, a 50/50 chance is not good
The injury is a foot injury called trendonitis.

The insurance thing has been mentioned a few times but it appears not Sad

Thanks for the support mate
(03 May 2015, 8:34 am)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]The injury is a foot injury called trendonitis.

The insurance thing has been mentioned a few times but it appears not Sad

Thanks for the support mate
I thought all clubs had to have insurance for players...Anyway, I hope he is fine, I see he is quite young, 22/23???

Found an O'Donnell video on YouTube

Getting a smooch off Brizzle Rovers Lee Mansell Big Grin
(03 May 2015, 11:48 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I thought all clubs had to have insurance for players...Anyway, I hope he is fine, I see he is quite young, 22/23???

Found an O'Donnell video on YouTube

Getting a smooch off Brizzle Rovers Lee Mansell Big Grin

I have had issues with my tendons in my knees for a long time. Issues caused by my sporty/athletic past.
At the time, the NHS wouldn't operate. I would have had to pay and private.
Needless to say, I continue to suffer.

Whilst there may be insurance in place, I am guessing there are all sorts of loopholes - meaning the tendonitis isn't covered.
Very surprised the club aren't covering the costs of the operation.

He is a cracking/whole hearted player and when the rumours first emerged earlier in the year about it being career threatening, I was gutted for the lad.

Hopefully it isn't and hopefully he can get his career back on track.
So it's now official... Chelsea are the champions.
(03 May 2015, 2:40 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]So it's now official... Chelsea are the champions.

Excellent!!!