North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Was it Birmingham who won the league cup and got relegated?
Can remember something similar happening to Wigan and Middlesbrough when they got to cup finals too... Wink

Whos Newcastle playing in this round, oh wait...

We only at the semi's, need to see who we get first?
(17 Dec 2013, 11:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Whos Newcastle playing in this round, oh wait...

Nah, we're concentrating on our push for the Champions League.
We gave Man City a tough game last time out, teased them a bit and let them score twice in extra time.

Seriously though, well done on getting through to the semis.
(17 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Was it Birmingham who won the league cup and got relegated?
Can remember something similar happening to Wigan and Middlesbrough when they got to cup finals too... Wink

Birmingham beat Arsenal and went down in '10 or '11...
Boro got to both Cup Finals one year, 1997 I think, got beat of Leicester(League Cup) and Chelsea(FA Cup)...
Of Course Wigan beat Citeh in the FA Cup last season...
(17 Dec 2013, 11:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Whos Newcastle playing in this round, oh wait...

As I cant see Sunderlands away form changing anytime soon, as the semi is 2 legs, they will have to pretty much park the bus to keep the score down away and raise there game in the Home Tie
All depends on who we get.

Newcastle are doing well, im hoping we can pick points up now.

Like to see both of us in the prem, be shit next season with no derby.
Come on Michael, The Boro and Leeds are close by Tongue

I honestly cant see them pulling themselves out now, Curse of Christmas and all that...The only good thing that could possibly happen now is a Wembley appearance and hope for 3 points at SJP
Sunderland got man u in the next round...

Sunderland home first. 6.11.14
Away game is 20.1.14

Bring on the Manc's
(18 Dec 2013, 10:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sunderland got man u in the next round...

Sunderland home first. 6.11.14
Away game is 20.1.14

Bring on the Manc's

Hope ya scud them to be honest, games are coming thick and fast now 6 games in the next 2/3 weeks...

All Manchester Final is what I am predicting now
(18 Dec 2013, 10:10 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Hope ya scud them to be honest, games are coming thick and fast now 6 games in the next 2/3 weeks...

All Manchester Final is what I am predicting now

Same, its gonna be a hard game and hard run but bring them on... their not playing as well this season.
(18 Dec 2013, 10:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Same, its gonna be a hard game and hard run but bring them on... their not playing as well this season.

Coulda done with being away first to be honest, if SAFC go to Old Trafford with a slender lead or a draw, it is over I reckon...Not impossible, but they need to play the games of there lives to overcome Man Yoo
Hearing rumours that Olivier Bernard has bought Durham City.
Not sure what financial backing he has or can bring, but hopefully he will bring an upturn in their fortunes.
(19 Dec 2013, 3:40 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Hearing rumours that Olivier Bernard has bought Durham City.
Not sure what financial backing he has or can bring, but hopefully he will bring an upturn in their fortunes.

What kind of progress can they make, 2 promotions and they are back in the position they were in a few years ago, no chance of moving upwards, The Conference most likely wont give in anytime soon, so Bernard has 2 options, be happy where he is or rip the 3G pitch and go for it...

I have said many times through this thread I want to see North East non-League teams progressing through the pyramid, however Durham does it under Bernard, I hope and wish him and Durham City all the best in the future...

He spoke of Durham being a feeder club, Olivier Bernard will have some decent contacts in the game, I am sure with his knowledge and contacts he will be able to achieve that somehow
Sunderland bettered Carlisle, Newcastle and the Smogs out...

Can Sunderland do a Boro, get to 2 Cup Finals and get relegated in the same season...The Posh or Kidderminster in the next round at home should see them through to the 5th round
Bit late, but the bubble is burst.

Joint NUFC and SAFC statement: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140107/...70_3608446

Newcastle United and Sunderland AFC are surprised and disappointed with the statement issued yesterday by Northumbria Police in which the force claims that the police cannot direct changes to kick-off times for the clubs' fixtures, referring in particular to the derby games.
Over a number of years both clubs have made repeated representations to Northumbria Police to try and reach agreement over kick-off times to enable a traditional 3pm kick-off, or later, to enable broadcasters to give the game consideration in the majority of their time slots for live coverage.
Police forces up and down the country have been able to police high-profile derby matches for years, including most recently the first Welsh derby in the Premier League, Cardiff v Swansea, on Sunday 3rd November at 4pm, Arsenal v Tottenham at 5.15pm on Saturday 4th January, and Manchester City v Manchester United on Sunday 22nd September at 4pm.
In recent years, Northumbria Police have rejected every request made by the clubs for later kick-off slots, including Saturday 5.30pm, Sunday 4pm and Monday 8pm.

Both clubs have evidence in the form of considerable written correspondence between Northumbria Police, the Premier League and the clubs, which contradicts their statement of yesterday.
Indeed that correspondence has stated that Northumbria Police would not be prepared to police the evening fixtures requested previously, as well as their confirmation to the Premier League in writing in January 2013 that the force would not support derby matches with kick-off times later than 1.30pm.
For Northumbria Police therefore to issue a statement stating that they do not direct changes to kick-off times is quite frankly false and absurd - and conflicts with the respectful and responsible manner in which both Newcastle United and Sunderland AFC have engaged with the police over many years with regard to the derby fixture.
In light of Northumbria Police's latest statement, Newcastle United and Sunderland AFC will now inform the Premier League that all future fixtures between the two clubs will be available for kick-off times to suit the clubs, the League and their broadcast partners, if applicable, and will expect Northumbria Police to police these games, especially given the considerable costs both clubs incur for such special police services.
After considering the police position, Sunderland AFC will be withdrawing the terms and conditions of ticket sales, which previously stated that all supporters must attend the game on official transport. The arrangements to provide complimentary buses and supporters branch transport will remain in place and Sunderland AFC advises fans that this is the safest method of travel to St James' Park.

Meanwhile at Northumbria Police...

[Image: computer_headache.jpg]

Thoughts? Seems that Northumbria Police's attempts for more and more power over the derby match have majorly left them with egg on their faces.
Well Man City in the final they just won 6-0 at west ham

Who will they get?
(08 Jan 2014, 10:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Well Man City in the final they just won 6-0 at west ham

Who will they get?

Man Utd I'd assume. Different story if Sunderland won 2-0, but they're going to have a hard game at Old Trafford. Only the league cup but undoubtedly the biggest game so far in David Moyes Man Utd career.
(08 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Bit late, but the bubble is burst.

Joint NUFC and SAFC statement: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140107/...70_3608446

Meanwhile at Northumbria Police...

[Image: computer_headache.jpg]

Thoughts? Seems that Northumbria Police's attempts for more and more power over the derby match have majorly left them with egg on their faces.

The Polis acultually hold the trump card here, they can turn round and refuse to police that game if they wanted to, no polis, no derby...So the Polis can just squeeze the testicles of the clubs and make them submit, saying they have no input on kick off times is a bare faced lie as it normally needs Police approval...

Sky and the Premier League should turn round next season, call the polices bluff and schedule one of the Derby Games for Skys Monday Night Football and Sky should make it known thats the plan, see what the Police have to say about it...That is of course if Sunderlane stay up

(08 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Man Utd I'd assume. Different story if Sunderland won 2-0, but they're going to have a hard game at Old Trafford. Only the league cup but undoubtedly the biggest game so far in David Moyes Man Utd career.

All Sunderland need to do is park the bus for 90 minutes, as long as they dont get beat 1-0, a 1-1 draw will be enough and a 2-1 Man Yoo win will take the game to extra time, I do see Utd going through though, Rooney and RVP should be back, so can see Moyes going all out for the W
(08 Jan 2014, 10:29 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]The Polis acultually hold the trump card here, they can turn round and refuse to police that game if they wanted to, no polis, no derby...So the Polis can just squeeze the testicles of the clubs and make them submit, saying they have no input on kick off times is a bare faced lie as it normally needs Police approval...

Sky and the Premier League should turn round next season, call the polices bluff and schedule one of the Derby Games for Skys Monday Night Football and Sky should make it known thats the plan, see what the Police have to say about it...That is of course if Sunderlane stay up

All Sunderland need to do is park the bus for 90 minutes, as long as they dont get beat 1-0, a 1-1 draw will be enough and a 2-1 Man Yoo win will take the game to extra time, I do see Utd going through though, Rooney and RVP should be back, so can see Moyes going all out for the W

I don't think they hold the trump card at all. Both clubs have cooperated out of good will, but are not obliged to change kick off times to suit. Northumbria Police can't refuse to police it, as it'd still go ahead anyway, unless a court order was issued.

Parking the bus is a non starter when you have an average team at best. Say what you will about Man Utd this season, but they still have 4 quality strikers.
(08 Jan 2014, 11:16 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I don't think they hold the trump card at all. Both clubs have cooperated out of good will, but are not obliged to change kick off times to suit. Northumbria Police can't refuse to police it, as it'd still go ahead anyway, unless a court order was issued.

Parking the bus is a non starter when you have an average team at best. Say what you will about Man Utd this season, but they still have 4 quality strikers.

Not trying to pick a fight or argue, but your telling me, Police absolutely have to co-operate with clubs requests, and cannot effectively place a boycott on policing derby games, it happened in the past where police have threatened to pull out of policing matches, not Northumbria though, think it may have been Lancashire Police in dispute with Wigan or Bolton and that may have been down to money, I cant quite remember...

I am sure if Northumbria Police wanted to be stubborn, they coule take the issue up with a court, citing say, concerns for public safety, whether anybody would buy that though is a different matter.

As for Man Utd, on paper, they have one of the best squads on paper, whether Sunderland park the bus or not in 2 weeks is irrelevant, they can go into the game with some expectation, and Sunderland have always played ok down there in recent years...I am still convinced of an all Manc final, but it is the cup, anything can happen, if Boro can beat Arsenal over 2 legs(2004) or Bradford can beat Villa(last year) then Sunderlands very average team has every chance of bettering Man Utd

*Edit: Just to add to this, the Police issue will probably be irrelevant come May, with next seasons big games being with Middlesbrough and Leeds Utd
In other footballing news

Former Aston Villa, West Ham and German International Thomas Hitzlsperger has become the highest profile person in football to come out and admit he is gay...

Got to say, fair play to the man, Homosexuality and Homophobia is footballs last big taboo, I hope Hitzlspergers admission can go on and inspire more players to come out, because in this day and age, nobody should have to live a lie and pretend to be something there not