North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If our ref was bad for the Sunderland game... anyone seen the one whos reffing the Arsenal v QPR game?

Terrible, can't say anything or the managers get fined.... its getting wrose as the season is going on...
FAO Marcus...

Darlington have a football team...We dont want the 'Marcus thinks there a school team' all over again Big Grin...

See Marcus' schoolies could only manage a 2-2 draw with Halifax
(26 Dec 2014, 7:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]If our ref was bad for the Sunderland game... anyone seen the one whos reffing the Arsenal v QPR game?

Terrible, can't say anything or the managers get fined.... its getting wrose as the season is going on...

The thing is, have you considered how hard it is for them?
They aren't robots, and can make mistakes. 
(26 Dec 2014, 9:19 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]The thing is, have you considered how hard it is for them?
They aren't robots, and can make mistakes. 

Yes but when they looking straight at them when it happens.. then its not hard... 
(26 Dec 2014, 9:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Yes but when they looking straight at them when it happens.. then its not hard... 

Then again, I agree with that. Smile

Some of them are clear decisions, but they must be under a hell of a lot of pressure. 
(26 Dec 2014, 9:54 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Then again, I agree with that. Smile

Some of them are clear decisions, but they must be under a hell of a lot of pressure. 

Defo, i would hate to be a ref but they're fifa ranked.. so should be giving them, its a disgrace managers cant bitch about them after the game....
(26 Dec 2014, 10:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Defo, i would hate to be a ref but they're fifa ranked.. so should be giving them, its a disgrace managers cant bitch about them after the game....

Yeah it is - managers should be allowed to give there opinions.
Imagine how many times Neil Warnock will have been fined!!!
(26 Dec 2014, 10:02 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah it is - managers should be allowed to give there opinions.
Imagine how many times Neil Warnock will have been fined!!!

Good old Colin Wanker...

Cant stand the bloke, but respect him at the same time...

He is in a better position to slate referees than most managers, because as well as being a manager, he is also a qualified Referee...

As for slating refs, yes, managers should be allowed to give an opinion without fear of being fined or warned by the FA, only being pulled if they go over the top witn criticism i.e. calling them a cheat or accusing them of bias to opposition

I also think managers should be allowed an audience with the referee at the end of a match to discuss decisions in the game.

A refs job is hard, very thankless, apart from the linesmen and 4th official, they have very little support and the good things they do rarely gets noticed whereas every bad decision is scrutinised in the most public way possible
First manager of the premiership has being sacked

Neil Warnock sacked by Crystal Palace after run of one win in 12 games.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/...n-12-games
After talking about the legality of pubs broadcasting football the other day, I saw an interesting notice in the Window of The Wheatsheaf earlier which said

Employees of the F.A, P.L, Sky Sports and Bein Sports are not allowed on these premises by management until further notice.

Can they actually do that???
@Fozz - the ref criticism issue isn't a difficult one to sort out. Give the referee a press slot after the game, where they can explain their 'big' calls. It would eliminate some of the guesswork carried out by pundits for hours afterwards.
(27 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]After talking about the legality of pubs broadcasting football the other day, I saw an interesting notice in the Window of The Wheatsheaf earlier which said

Employees of the F.A, P.L, Sky Sports and Bein Sports are not allowed on these premises  by management until further notice.

As long as the pub is not specifically targeting groups whose characteristics are protected under the 2010 Equality Act - they can refuse to serve (or levy conditions upon) any person who enters their premises. For example, some bars require a certain dress-code while some shops have notices stating 'only two children allowed in the shop at one time'. The latter might be challenged on the grounds of age as age is a protected characteristic (although targeting children isn't necessarily discriminatory) but the requirement of one conforming to certain standard of dress is not discriminatory. 

Barring employees of the FA, PL, Sky Sports or BT Sports would not be classed as discriminatory as it does not specifically target any cohort protected under the Equality Act. So, yes, the pub can actually do that. 
(27 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]After talking about the legality of pubs broadcasting football the other day, I saw an interesting notice in the Window of The Wheatsheaf earlier which said

Employees of the F.A, P.L, Sky Sports and Bein Sports are not allowed on these premises  by management until further notice.

I've seen it before elsewhere. It actually protects them to an extent, as if one of these employees come in, and they later get a court notice, then they can try and press charges for the said employee being on the premises without permission.
(28 Dec 2014, 1:01 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]@Fozz - the ref criticism issue isn't a difficult one to sort out. Give the referee a press slot after the game, where they can explain their 'big' calls. It would eliminate some of the guesswork carried out by pundits for hours afterwards.
Yeah, I think Refs should get a slot after a match to talk to the cameras, if a big decision has been made, it would be good to hear first hand from a ref, why he made the decision, and the chance to apologise if he laters sees he got it wrong(although it is too late by then, though your red card maybe rescinded)...

They could even do a joint press conference with club reps...Or even hold a private meeting with both managers or captains after the game to discuss the match played...

I personally think some referees only have themselves to blame sometimes, it must be a hard job, I could not be arsed with it to be honest.

Another thing that needs to be sorted out is players sorrounding the Ref, and a rule brought in that only allows the offending captain and his skipper to deal with contentious issues, with serial offenders being fined on a sliding scale for each offence.

(28 Dec 2014, 9:35 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]As long as the pub is not specifically targeting groups whose characteristics are protected under the 2010 Equality Act - they can refuse to serve (or levy conditions upon) any person who enters their premises. For example, some bars require a certain dress-code while some shops have notices stating 'only two children allowed in the shop at one time'. The latter might be challenged on the grounds of age as age is a protected characteristic (although targeting children isn't necessarily discriminatory) but the requirement of one conforming to certain standard of dress is not discriminatory. 

Barring employees of the FA, PL, Sky Sports or BT Sports would not be classed as discriminatory as it does not specifically target any cohort protected under the Equality Act. So, yes, the pub can actually do that. 
(28 Dec 2014, 10:07 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I've seen it before elsewhere. It actually protects them to an extent, as if one of these employees come in, and they later get a court notice, then they can try and press charges for the said employee being on the premises without permission.

A question about barring certain people from pubs, what would stop Sky, FAPL and Bein planting people in the Wheatsheaf or through a mystery shopper kind of thing???
(28 Dec 2014, 2:14 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]A question about barring certain people from pubs, what would stop Sky, FAPL and Bein planting people in the Wheatsheaf or through a mystery shopper kind of thing???

As Aureolin has stated, if a plant has been placed inside the Wheatsheaf, they're on the premises without permission. That may impede upon any legal action. 
(28 Dec 2014, 4:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]As Aureolin has stated, if a plant has been placed inside the Wheatsheaf, they're on the premises without permission. That may impede upon any legal action. 
Thanks for the answers...

1 more question as I am not very understanding of law...

When the Premier League, FA, Sky etc want to enforce there blackout rules, how do they enter a place they are not barred for or welcome in, would it need Police or Trading Standards..

To be honest, I dont see what the problem with it and dont understand the PL view on it, the blackout was designed because clubs were worried about a decrease in attendance at matches, has that ever been proven, I am sure attendances across the board have been down over the years, if those who watch in the pub could not see it at the pub would they goto the match instead, I dont reckon so, they would listen on the radio.

I read having the foreign decoder is not actually illegal, but openly advertising football is, so could someone get away with it providing they dont advertise it so openly
The ones I have always hated in football are Football Dataco, the people who sort fixture lists out, they are evil bastards, the amount they charge for to publish fixtures is extortionate...Had a canny little site with my mates about 10-12 years ago and decided I wanted to publish the fixtures for Sunderland, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Darlington...The site was getting about 5,000 hits a month until Football Dataco came along and asked for a shit load of money for the licence to publish the fixture list...Anyway I tried to get round it by using fake names, similar to the way Pro Evolution Soccer does/did i.e. Wearside Reds, Tyneside Blacks, Cleveland Reds, North Tees Blues and Co.Durham Quakers...Website ended up closing as the legal threats made me sick and my mates felt intimidated by the threat...Robbin Bastards Big Grin

As with the blackout rules, that was another thing I never could get my head rlund
(29 Dec 2014, 10:34 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20141229/...70_4391045

Noooooooooooo.
(29 Dec 2014, 10:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Noooooooooooo.

All these modern day Newcastle fans wanting rid of him asap. They're delusional if they think a world class manager will walk in.