North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27 Oct 2013, 6:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]forgot the draw was today. Tough one that. A draw, replay and a bigger team (possibly a tv pick) for round two.
Was at the brentford game a few years back and they showed then how close they got to dumping a league team out of the cup at the international stadium

I'm quietly confident Tongue

I was at the Brentford game too and remember it very well. It was a good game. We equalised in stoppage time to make it 2-2 but then got beat 5-2 in the replay Sad
Haha the stoke goalkeeper Begovic has scored dter 12 secs... got to be a record?
(02 Nov 2013, 3:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Haha the stoke goalkeeper Begovic has scored dter 12 secs... got to be a record?

What is the record for the amount of own goals and players sent off whilst playing a team made up and coached by Sunderland rejects? Wink

The incidents and sendings off were all involving ex-Sunderland players too!
* McShane on Westwood - injury
* Cattermole on Elmohamedy - red card
* Dossena on Meyler - red card
Its our best game of the season.. not boshed what happens now in the game, im finding it funny as out

Cattermoles was only a yellow card, he made the most out of it

Doressa should be ashamed,he should be banned for 4 or 5 games
(02 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Its our best game of the season.. not boshed what happens now in the game, im finding it funny as out

Cattermoles was only a yellow card, he made the most out of it

Doressa should be ashamed,he should be banned for 4 or 5 games

Saw it on MOTD last night and even though Elmo rolled about as though he had been shot, a tackle like that can't go unpunished.
Cattermole started walking before the card was issued.
Read somewhere Elmo had to replace his boots after the tackle.

Mind, the Hull player (Brady) should have also walked for the tackle he made in front of the benches.

On a seperate note, has anyone read this about Joe Kinnear?
www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/joe-kinnear-lines-up-young-star-as-at-last-he-starts-to-earn-his-money/
(03 Nov 2013, 1:05 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Saw it on MOTD last night and even though Elmo rolled about as though he had been shot, a tackle like that can't go unpunished.
Cattermole started walking before the card was issued.
Read somewhere Elmo had to replace his boots after the tackle.

Mind, the Hull player (Brady) should have also walked for the tackle he made in front of the benches.

On a seperate note, has anyone read this about Joe Kinnear?
www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/joe-kinnear-lines-up-young-star-as-at-last-he-starts-to-earn-his-money/

As a Sunderland supporter i agree, they were both idiots and should be banned for more than 3 games.

Hull should of being down to 10 men

Kinnear is such a idiot sometimes hahaha
Cattermole's tackle was out of frustration and he needs to take that out of his game. There's no need to go in like that when there's no real danger.
Gateshead almost got through to round 2 at the first attempt this afternoon.

2-0 up away to Oxford, they conceded an equaliser with minutes to play.
(09 Nov 2013, 5:43 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Gateshead almost got through to round 2 at the first attempt this afternoon.

2-0 up away to Oxford, they conceded an equaliser with minutes to play.

Just got back now. Very disappointing like but at least we've got a home replay and, more importantly, we're in the hat for tomorrow's draw Smile
(09 Nov 2013, 11:40 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Just got back now. Very disappointing like but at least we've got a home replay and, more importantly, we're in the hat for tomorrow's draw Smile

Should be a good game when we play you in the County Cup in early January
Great win for Sunderland and Newcastle their

Great results for both N.E teams
(10 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Should be a good game when we play you in the County Cup in early January

yeah it should be Smile

Meanwhile, the draw was made earlier for the Second Round of the FA Cup. If Gateshead overcome Oxford in the replay next Wednesday (20th), we'll be on our travels again. This time though, it's down at Wrexham.

Out of the other North East/North West teams, Hartlepool have been drawn at home to Coventry City. Carlisle United will face Brentford, and if York City can beat Bristol Rovers in their replay, they'll be rewarded with a tricky home tie against Crawley Town.
Consett AFC are hosting a Newcastle United XI for the grand opening of their new stadium. Worth a visit for anyone living in that area, as it's only £6 for adults and £1 for bairns.

http://www.consettafc.com/index.php
(10 Nov 2013, 9:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Consett AFC are hosting a Newcastle United XI for the grand opening of their new stadium. Worth a visit for anyone living in that area, as it's only £6 for adults and £1 for bairns.

http://www.consettafc.com/index.php

There groundsman is really going to be put to the test once the new place opens, they have a run of about 17 consecutive home games after Xmas...

Best of luck to Consett, went to there old place with Darlo last year on what turned out to be a really wet and horrible day...but was a good place to visit
(11 Nov 2013, 1:25 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ] There groundsman is really going to be put to the test once the new place opens, they have a run of about 17 consecutive home games after Xmas...

Best of luck to Consett, went to there old place with Darlo last year on what turned out to be a really wet and horrible day...but was a good place to visit

According to Niall and Biffa on www.nufc.com, it is a synthetic pitch Wink
Must be the one of cushiest non-league groundsman jobs out there! Haha.
(11 Nov 2013, 1:30 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]According to Niall and Biffa on www.nufc.com, it is a synthetic pitch Wink
Must be the one of cushiest non-league groundsman jobs out there! Haha.

Hope they have no real ambition of climbing the footballing pyramid, 2 promotions and there 3G pitch will halt there progress dead...

But, good luck to them, I personally believe 3G/4G pitches is the way forward for lower league and non-League clubs
(11 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Hope they have no real ambition of climbing the footballing pyramid, 2 promotions and there 3G pitch will halt there progress dead...

But, good luck to them, I personally believe 3G/4G pitches is the way forward for lower league and non-League clubs

It possibly goes back to what we were saying a few months back about Northern League clubs being happy where they are.

They will be able to rent the pitch out and make enough money by doing that and continue at their current level.
(11 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It possibly goes back to what we were saying a few months back about Northern League clubs being happy where they are.

They will be able to rent the pitch out and make enough money by doing that and continue at their current level.

To be honest I would like to see more Northern League clubs take the plunge and go for it, out of the current crop in there, I can name at least 6 clubs who would prpbably hold there own at Steps 3&4...Spennymoor, W£$t Auckland, Bishop Auckland, Whitley Bay, Ashington and Shildon...I hope Spenny take the plunge if they win the league, Celtic Nation most likely will if they win, as would Bishop...

But the problem comes with having no local teams in the division above, making travel that bit more expensive...Over the last near 18 months I have been critical about the Northern Leagues ambitionless, we want to be home for tea attitude having seen some of the digs we recieved last year, but who am I to preach to people about how to run there club
So it looks like Boro are appointing Aitor Karanka as their new boss.

It could be interesting times ahead on Teesside and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two Chelsea players arriving on loan...
If anyone isn't doing anthing tonight, Gateshead are playing Oxford United in the FA Cup 1st round replay. Kick off is at 7:45 at the International Stadium. Should be a very good match Smile