North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Liverpool are shit

Haha yes - Sterling can't finish!
Hartlepool United have been taken over

New owners at Hartlepool United
New manager as well. Is it too soon for me to start getting optimistic again?
(16 Dec 2014, 8:22 pm)beefcake wrote [ -> ]New manager as well. Is it too soon for me to start getting optimistic again?

Too Soon me thinks, it is probably a little too late salvage your season now

Wonder what the new regime has planned for the club?

For all that seems to hate IOR now, Hartlepool would not have had there best years ever without them or the £13m-£15m that was pumped in, no Cardiff in 2005 no promotions and in the late 90's/early 00's Chris Turner was to Pools what Kevin Keegan was to Newcastle in management terms.

I sincerely hope the new owners are in it for the right reasons and not to asset strip the Club.

I can kind of see parallels to Darlingtons situation, in trouble at the bottom of the league, new owners come in(although we were in Administration), relegation to the Conference, new administration, then thrown out the Conference to the Northern League, all within 2 years...So hope the new owners at The Vic dont let you go down the Kermit
Ronnie Moore has been appointed gaffer at Hartlepool.
The holding company in charge of the Chimp Chokers is TMH2014...which actually does stand for The Monkey Hangers Big Grin

Got to say, big up to Ken Hodcroft and IOR who have seemingly walked away without wanting the £13m-£14m back they have pumped in, that coulda crippled The Chimps
Not looking good for the skunks tonight, 3-0 down in the C1 Cup
4-0 now :O

Didnt expect it
(17 Dec 2014, 9:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]4-0 now :O

Didnt expect it
Never thought it would be that bad like...

Thought it would be about 2-0
(17 Dec 2014, 9:24 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Never thought it would be that bad like...

Thought it would be about 2-0

Ah well, role on Sunday Wink
(17 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ah well, role on Sunday Wink

With Alnwick in goal, you'll probably win Sad
(17 Dec 2014, 9:41 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]With Alnwick in goal, you'll probably win Sad

Don't down yourself with the young lad, he could have his best game ever.

Its a derby, anything could happen.

But i'm expecting 3-0 Big Grin
Saw an interesting comment somewhere this week. Hhen was the last time we won when Williamson and Gouffran have played??? 
(17 Dec 2014, 9:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Don't down yourself with the young lad, he could have his best game ever.

Its a derby, anything could happen.

But i'm expecting 3-0 Big Grin
I dont share your optimism...I call Draw...

1's a peach
Seems Newcastle is asking the FA for an emergency keeper for Sunday, since Alnwick has a shoulder injury.

I'm sure they have to prove hes injured first and didn't Pardew say he wasn't going for an emergency keeper?

Has he lost faith in Alnwick for the derby?
(18 Dec 2014, 7:55 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Seems Newcastle is asking the FA for an emergency keeper for Sunday, since Alnwick has a shoulder injury.

I'm sure they have to prove hes injured first and didn't Pardew say he wasn't going for an emergency keeper?

Has he lost faith in Alnwick for the derby?

It's says on the Fantasy Premier League: ''Shoulder injury - 75% chance of playing''
What is the situation with Karl Darlow...

Is he actually a Newcastle Player yet? What I mean does his Newcastle Contract not actually come into effect until 2015, if that makes sense?
Why did his loan deal not have a get out clause?

Pardew has not got long to get his shit sorted out
(18 Dec 2014, 9:40 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]What is the situation with Karl Darlow...

Is he actually a Newcastle Player yet? What I mean does his Newcastle Contract not actually come into effect until 2015, if that makes sense?
Why did his loan deal not have a get out clause?

Pardew has not got long to get his shit sorted out

Yeah, he is a Newcastle player. Both Darlow and a central defender signed for Newcastle in the summer.
The deal agreed, meant they were loaned back.
Apparently, the deal wouldn't have happened without the loan back.

To be fair, this is the first time Newcastle have lost their first choice keepers since 2006 (when the re-signed Pav on a free).
I can't recall it happening at too many clubs over the years, suppose the most high profile example of the first choice keepers becoming injured at the same time was when Casillas made his debut for Real Madrid in 2001 or 2002. edit: 1999

As I said the other day, I have no idea why Pardew doesn't explore the free market - if the Premier League are going to rebuff his attempts to get someone on loan.
Rather than bang his head repeatedly against a brick wall...
(18 Dec 2014, 11:26 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, he is a Newcastle player. Both Darlow and a central defender signed for Newcastle in the summer.
The deal agreed, meant they were loaned back.
Apparently, the deal wouldn't have happened without the loan back.

To be fair, this is the first time Newcastle have lost their first choice keepers since 2006 (when the re-signed Pav on a free).
I can't recall it happening at too many clubs over the years, suppose the most high profile example of the first choice keepers becoming injured at the same time was when Casillas made his debut for Real Madrid in 2001 or 2002.

As I said the other day, I have no idea why Pardew doesn't explore the free market - if the Premier League are going to rebuff his attempts to get someone on loan.
Rather than bang his head repeatedly against a brick wall...

Probably the kind of deal that would stipulate no-recall...

Don't see why Newcastle cant recall Karl Darlow and send him back to Nottingham in the New Year, unless rules prevent that of course...

There is the free market of course, but I think that shuts around now before the main window reopens.

Would be shit if Newcastle have to call on the 4th choice 17yo...Talk about thrown out the frying pan and into the fire...

I remember a few years ago Sunderland sent Marton Fulop to Man City for emergency cover.

Talking about Pav, he was at my school sports day when I was about 10, me and my mate were having a kick around, I 'I'm going in, I will show Pav some moves' Big Grin I ended up diving at full stretch, put my arm under my head to stop me head hitting the deck, my arm somehow ended up buckling under me, think I caught my wrist in a divot on the grass, I managed to fight back the tears as it felt like I snapped my arm, lol...Gave Pav a good laugh and was a premature end to my goalkeeping Big Grin
@Andreos - Hull lost their two first choice keepers this season. Although Eldin Jakupovic was actually decent, unlike Alnwick.