North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unless the club is making a decent profit, then they could go the way of Darlo or Gretna.
When Mileson pulled out of Gretna, there was only one way they were going to go.

Hopefully Wood doesn't pull out of Gateshead (by choice or otherwise).

Yeah, there was a period towards the end of last season, when crowds went up by a few hundred every home game, until they broke the 1000 barrier.
Obviously the peak being Grimsby in the play offs.
(23 Dec 2014, 10:54 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Unless the club is making a decent profit, then they could go the way of Darlo or Gretna.
When Mileson pulled out of Gretna, there was only one way they were going to go.

Hopefully Wood doesn't pull out of Gateshead (by choice or otherwise).

Yeah, there was a period towards the end of last season, when crowds went up by a few hundred every home game, until they broke the 1000 barrier.
Obviously the peak being Grimsby in the play offs.
Gretna was absolute crackers, they should never have got as high as they did, Gretna is probably not much bigger than Fencehouses in population yet playing in the SPL in 07/08...it would always end in tears.

Do you know much about the business side of the club and the finances, are they self sustaining, rent on the stadium must cost a few quid to rent, crowds aren't exactly massive, do the club wholly rely on Bank of Wood...

Would the club sustain themselves in a new ground and would it be worth seeking out a tenant to share it I.e Falcons or Thunder
As they're a limited company, accounts will be available to view online.
What you can glean from that, is anyone's guess.

I don't think they're fully reliant on Wood on the basis of surviving, but not sure they would be able to maintain the current wage structure or full term basis if he was to stand down without adequate replacement.
(23 Dec 2014, 7:38 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I watch all of the Sunderland games from home. I don't learn anything from them, I have little knowledge, I just do it to show I am a supporter.

I don't fully understand how you, a 15 year old, has been approached to become General Manager for a 'professional football team' when the current occupant retires.....?

Oh, and Fozz was hardly taking the mic out of you. He was just pointing out a flaw in your argument - you can handle occasional abuse from footy fans (who can be rough people), yet you can't cope with a bit of banter and criticism from some bus spotters (generally kind people)? Where is the sense?

He has been through hell in his life, he is an open person; he was open to me; he is a staple to us and an absolute beast of a person.

Just noticed this post now - are you sure you watch all of the Sunderland games, as most of them are a 3pm kick off, so aren't on the TV Wink
(23 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Just noticed this post now - are you sure you watch all of the Sunderland games, as most of them are a 3pm kick off, so aren't on the TV Wink
Modern technology is wonderful innit Tom
(23 Dec 2014, 11:29 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Haha Wink
Bet he wouldn't watch them on a illegal streaming website, as he's not even into football?
What Marcus does not know about football, is not worth knowing...

Oh wait, what he does not know much anyway

Seriously, I sometimes watch matches on my tablet, got a good little app that has virtually every channel on it...

I watched Gateshead School v Cambridge High School For Girls Under-8 blind team play off final on the bus on my tablet
(23 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Modern technology is wonderful innit Tom

Over the years I've seen pubs with adverts saying things like "all Sunderland games live here"

If have a pub and are illegally showing live football on some dodgy box or dish don't make it so bleeding obvious.
(24 Dec 2014, 12:04 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Over the years I've seen pubs with adverts saying things like "all Sunderland games live here"

If have a pub and are illegally showing live football on some dodgy box or dish don't make it so bleeding obvious.
I dont think anyone is clear on the rules for broadcasting football live between 3pm-5pm on a Saturday...

The Premier League and Sky no likey, and have been known to take legal action.

It is a battle that will go on for years before any agreement can be made to suit everyone
(24 Dec 2014, 12:15 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I dont think anyone is clear on the rules for broadcasting football live between 3pm-5pm on a Saturday...

The Premier League and Sky no likey, and have been known to take legal action.

It is a battle that will go on for years before any agreement can be made to suit everyone

This is perhaps the most high-profile case which resulted in the European Court of Justice ruling partially in favour of pub landlord, Karen Murphy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-17150054

I've included the last few paragraphs which sum-up the ruling.

The High Court had originally sent the case to the European courts for advice on numerous points of law.

The ECJ said last autumn that national laws that prohibit the import, sale or use of foreign decoder cards were contrary to the freedom to provide services.

The European judges also said the Premier League could not claim copyright over Premier League matches as they could not be considered to be an author's own "intellectual creation" and, therefore, to be "works" for the purposes of EU copyright law.

But it did offer some comfort for the Premier League, which receives vast sums through its exclusive broadcasting deals with Sky and ESPN.

The European court said that while live matches were not protected by copyright, any surrounding media, such as any opening video sequence, the Premier League anthem, pre-recorded films showing highlights of recent Premier League matches and various graphics, were "works" protected by copyright.

To use any of these extra parts associated for a broadcast, a pub would need the permission of the Premier League.

This was the legal ruling that the Premier League reiterated after Friday's court judgement: "Should Mrs Murphy, or any other publican, use European Economic Area foreign satellite systems to show Premier League football on their premises without our authority and outside the scope of our authorisation, they make themselves liable for us to take action against them in both the civil and criminal courts."

The way I'd interpret the ruling is, as long as the feed is raw (containing no intros, graphics or commentary), no copyright is being breached. 
Forgot to do today's predication's:

Chelsea v West Ham - already kicked off - so i'll ignore that!

Burnley 1 - 2 Liverpool
Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Southampton
Everton 1-1 Stoke
Leicester 0 - 1 Tottenham
Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle
Sunderland 2-1 Hull
Swansea 3-1 Aston Villa
West Brom 0- 3Man City
Arsenal 2-1 QPR
1-0 Sunderland - 1st Minute - Adam Johnson =D

Leicester 0-1 Tottenham - Harry Kane (1 mins)
Andre Marriner is the worst ref ever, we should of had two clear penalties.
Manchester United 1-0 Newcastle. that isnt the final score. just an update.
(26 Dec 2014, 4:04 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Manchester United 1-0 Newcastle. that isnt the final score. just an update.

2-0, has been 2-0 for a while now.
(26 Dec 2014, 4:08 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]2-0, has been 2-0 for a while now.

3-0 now

Sunderland now getting beat 2-1 -.- 
Final scores:

Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle
Sunderland 1-3 Hull City
(26 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Final scores:

Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle
Sunderland 1-3 Hull City

Ah oh well -.- 
(26 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ah oh well -.- 

Disappointing for both teams today. At least Newcastle managed to fight back a bit and score 1. Losing 3-1 is far less embarrassing than losing 3-0. Sunderland just looked to have given up considering they were 1-0 up towards the start of the game. Messy!
(26 Dec 2014, 5:26 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Disappointing for both teams today. At least Newcastle managed to fight back a bit and score 1. Losing 3-1 is far less embarrassing than losing 3-0. Sunderland just looked to have given up considering they were 1-0 up towards the start of the game. Messy!

Losing 3-1 at home to 2nd bottom team in the league...it is embarrassing imo, losing 3-1 at Old Trafford not so

On a happier note Darlo won 3-0 at home Scorborough Athletic
Just been thinking...

Remember when they aired 'On The Yorkshire Buses', and they had a football team for both Stagecoach and EYMS?

They're both Hull-based...maybe Sunderland should have tried against them, instead! Tongue