North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Oct 2015, 3:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]What sort of evidence do you have to back up this silly assumption?

Why some bus enthusiasts assume a bus operator would change a set of services to go against their customer feedback is beyond me, as these people could then look for an alternative means of travel which would result in less profit for the company...

All these X3 and X36 changes.
(15 Oct 2015, 3:56 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]All these X3 and X36 changes.

And what proof do you have which shows that more people wanted to keep the X3 in (what was at the time) its present format, rather than introducing the X36?

Greg in Weardale may have liked the old services, but it doesn't mean to say that the rest of customers did!
(15 Oct 2015, 3:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]And what proof do you have which shows that more people wanted to keep the X3 in (what was at the time) its present format, rather than introducing the X36?

The fact no one was asked especially about curtailing it at Monkwearmouth.
The thing is, bus services need to make a profit in order for them to operate. As always with service changes, some will benefit from them and others will be inconvenienced by them. For example the changes to Diamond services should see the Durham - Stanley section of the routes have improved reliability as they will no longer get stuck in traffic around the Metrocentre and Newcastle areas which should improve the reliability but some will be inconvenienced by the service no longer continuing beyond Stanley. Also I don't understand why there is seemingly such an outcry about the service to/from Lanchester (especially from people who almost never use the route) no longer having a direct to Newcastle and having to change buses in Stanley, many aren't fans of having to change buses but at least they will be able to change in a bus station out of the cold and bad weather we can get.

Also I get that's it's good to form opinions but should we really be having such heated about debates about bus services most of us are only going to use on the odd outing purely for the purpose of fun, I don't know about the rest of you but if you but should we really be taking part in surveys and such which might shape the outcomes for the people who actually rely on these services being inconvenienced because a selection of bus enthusiasts have put what they want for when they very occasionally use the service on a day out. I stayed out of all surveys and questions surrounding these upcoming changes as they don't really affect me in any way as I don't have to rely on any of the services that are being changed. I only ever take part in surveys for bus service changes if they actually directly affect me, Arriva recently made service changes in Darlington but I only gave my thoughts on what actually matters to me, I did not give my thoughts on the 2 and 11 being merged or the 3/14/14A/14B being morphed into the 3/3A/3B because I don't use the services so I don't feel that it is my place to give thoughts on something that people rely on.
Newcastle Road in Corbridge is scheduled to be closed during November (though probably only during the first week) for gas main work and subsequent resurfacing (which has been delayed by the gasworks).
As GNE X84/X85 run along this road (as well as ANE/SNE 85/685) are there any published changes to the timetable?
The recommended diversion runs from Corbridge bridge via Stagshaw Road to A69 to Styford roundabout. 
This means that Corbridge centre cannot be served (previous diversions have not included stopping at Watling Street or Hill Street stops). Passengers would have to alight at the stops at the south side of the bridge (adjacent to the carpark).
Will there be a shuttlebus? (though this would be difficult as there are no authorised stops at Styford, nor is it likely that safe locations could be found).

Service TEN will not be affected.
Did someone mention the X3 ? And I did use X30/31 from Lanchester.
(15 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Did someone mention the X3 ? And I did use X30/31 from Lanchester.

Aye.. and it wasn't you for a change!
I liked the 537 but that won't ever come back =(
(15 Oct 2015, 3:59 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]The fact no one was asked especially about curtailing it at Monkwearmouth.

I would use it very, very, very regularly if it left from Eldon Square again!
(15 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Did someone mention the X3 ? And I did use X30/31 from Lanchester.

Wasn't me...😇
Perhaps the next Co Durham changes will see the 28/28A run between Stanley and Newcastle like the old 709/728 and the 739/740 (39/40?) Ch le St - Pelton Fell - Newfield - Grange Villa circulars will return........

Then Scarlet Band could drop the 703 and provide a more intensive service within Chester le Street itself.

We live in hope.
For the Saltwell Park Fireworks Display.

PB0003954/666 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Gateshead Interchange
Finish Point: Shipcote Durham Road/Enfield Road Junction
Via:
Service Number: Saltwell Park Fireworks F1
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 05-NOV-2015
Other Details: 5TH November 2015 only
(15 Oct 2015, 5:36 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I would use it very, very, very regularly if it left from Eldon Square again!

It seems like you'll use every route that been curtailed, very, very, very regularly. Leisure, work, school?
New 28/28A timetable is now online for changes on the 25th October - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/73006.44

Had a look - can't see any changes, can anyone else? Tongue
(16 Oct 2015, 10:52 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New 28/28A timetable is now online for changes on the 25th October - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/73006.44

Had a look - can't see any changes, can anyone else? Tongue

From this date, the 28/28A services are revised to operate into Beamish Museum grounds on any day when the museum is open (all days Easter to October, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday only between November and Easter).

Note the key at the bottom of the timetable which states "Beamish Museum Entrance is served on all days when the museum is open."
(16 Oct 2015, 10:58 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]From this date, the 28/28A services are revised to operate into Beamish Museum grounds on any day when the museum is open (all days Easter to October, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday only between November and Easter).

Ah yes! Tongue
(16 Oct 2015, 10:58 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]From this date, the 28/28A services are revised to operate into Beamish Museum grounds on any day when the museum is open (all days Easter to October, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday only between November and Easter).

Note the key at the bottom of the timetable which states "Beamish Museum Entrance is served on all days when the museum is open."

Is there any images of the 28B?
(16 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Is there any images of the 28B?

I have two photographs of the 28B service - the old and present allocation - although neither are great as they were taken with my old camera which doesn't take night shots as well as my DSLR.

[Image: 14071618476_95063129f1.jpg]Go North East: 4984 / R972FNW by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 14065306507_8de8d33ded.jpg]Go North East: 4957 / NL52WVN by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

I may get a photograph of this working tomorrow night, given that I'll be in the area...
(16 Oct 2015, 3:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I have two photographs of the 28B service - the old and present allocation - although neither are great as they were taken with my old camera which doesn't take night shots as well as my DSLR.

[Image: 14071618476_95063129f1.jpg]Go North East: 4984 / R972FNW by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 14065306507_8de8d33ded.jpg]Go North East: 4957 / NL52WVN by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

I may get a photograph of this working tomorrow night, given that I'll be in the area...

Updating Chester's destinations? Tongue
(15 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Services 15/15A will be diverted between Lanchester and Leadgate for 7 days because the A691 will be closed for resurfacing work from 22/10/15.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/road-resurf...25-october