North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 May 2016, 5:44 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]I think it should be 1A consider blyth have already 1 at blyth

You're right there mind.

Imagine a passenger getting on intending to go to Bedlington Stn / Ashington and ending up in Gateshead?
(24 May 2016, 4:39 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]You're right there mind.

Imagine a passenger getting on intending to go to Bedlington Stn / Ashington and ending up in Gateshead?

Agree with this!

Arriva also allocate Go North East to their own stand in Blyth Bus Station. It's right next to the stand for the 1 to Widdrington...!
New W3 timetable from 29.5.16 , can be found here: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...290516.pdf
Closure of Hexham Rail Bridge from 6 June for up to 6 weeks

Date: 27 May 2016

From Monday 6 June, Network Rail is closing Hexham Rail Bridge for up to 6 weeks.

During this time, bus services that use the bridge will be diverted via the A69 and Two Mile Cottage.

Unfortunately, as this route is longer, most buses will depart from Hexham a few minutes earlier and arrive a few minutes later

Hexham rail-bridge temporary timetables- http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...imetables/

-----------------

Closure of Cabin Gate in Bishop Auckland from 31 May

Date: 27 May 2016

Cabin Gate will be resurfaced from Tuesday 31 for the following 6 days.

Service 18 will, for the first 3 days, divert via The Aclet and Abbey Road to reach Proudfoot Drive, returning to Watling Road via The Aclet, as the right turn and left out of Woodhouse Lane will be suspended. For the remaining 3 days, Service 18 will be able to operate normal route as the suspended turning movements will be reinstated.

Please expect delays at Cabin Gate junction for the duration of works, as this junction will be covered by temporary single phase traffic signals.
Noticed on the facebook page after a complaint about the 17. It looks like they are extending it to Newcastle so maybe there will be changes to the 1 too? Hope not! But looks like changes are definitely happening now.

''Rumour has it there are service changes to this route from July 2016 with a driver saying to one customer that it is going to run to Newcastle...... heaven help us the service cannot run from Cramlington / Benton Asda on time!!!''
(27 May 2016, 6:22 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Noticed on the facebook page after a complaint about the 17. It looks like they are extending it to Newcastle so maybe there will be changes to the 1 too? Hope not! But looks like changes are definitely happening now.

''Rumour has it there are service changes to this route from July 2016 with a driver saying to one customer that it is going to run to Newcastle...... heaven help us the service cannot run from Cramlington / Benton Asda on time!!!''

I just about to post it haha 

Interesting if they do decide to extend the 17 to Newcastle, not sure of the area, so no idea what route it would take!
(27 May 2016, 6:24 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I just about to post it haha 

Interesting if they do decide to extend the 17 to Newcastle, not sure of the area, so no idea what route it would take!

God knows I have heard that many different stories now we'll just have to wait and see Smile

I could understand splitting the route and having the 17 going Whitley Bay to Metrocentre and another route going Churchill Street to Cramlington but no idea why they would want it to go to Newcastle when the 1 goes frequently enough 

Problem is they want smaller buses around Holy Cross so that wouldn't work either unless they got Solos from somewhere.
Saw another thing about something happening to the 11 come July. Is it just rumours or could something actually be in the pipeline?
(31 May 2016, 3:47 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Saw another thing about something happening to the 11 come July. Is it just rumours or could something actually be in the pipeline?

Not sure, nothing on VOSA yet, today its all First and Yorkshire Tiger.
(31 May 2016, 3:47 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Saw another thing about something happening to the 11 come July. Is it just rumours or could something actually be in the pipeline?

I've heard it's to be withdrawn and possibly replaced with something more cost-effective. The Greenside-Blackhall Mill section of the route is secured by NEXUS.
Looks like some major changes coming this July then...
(31 May 2016, 3:55 pm)streetlite5402 wrote [ -> ]I've heard it's to be withdrawn and possibly replaced with something more cost-effective. The Greenside-Blackhall Mill section of the route is secured by NEXUS.

I didn't know that section was secured, always thought it was funded by GNE.

Wonder what could replace the 11 then.
(31 May 2016, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I didn't know that section was secured, always thought it was funded by GNE.

One of the R buses maybe?
(31 May 2016, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I didn't know that section was secured, always thought it was funded by GNE.

I could be wrong, but I've been told it's NEXUS-secured. I reckon an extension of either the 10A/10B might replace it.
(31 May 2016, 4:06 pm)streetlite5402 wrote [ -> ]I could be wrong, but I've been told it's NEXUS-secured. I reckon an extension of either the 10A/10B might replace it.

If that happens it will be the 10A, The 10B goes to Prudhoe which is the other direction.
(31 May 2016, 4:06 pm)streetlite5402 wrote [ -> ]I could be wrong, but I've been told it's NEXUS-secured. I reckon an extension of either the 10A/10B might replace it.

I'm not sure either, Dan or Citaro could confirm?
(31 May 2016, 4:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure either, Dan or Citaro could confirm?

The Newcastle - Greenside Pack Horse section is commercially operated, while the Greenside Pack Horse - Blackhall Mill section is secured by Nexus.
(31 May 2016, 4:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Newcastle - Greenside Pack Horse section is commercially operated, while the Greenside Pack Horse - Blackhall Mill section is secured by Nexus.

Thanks Dan.
Surprised as the 11 gets canny good loads between Blackhall Mill and Greenside.
Old style symbols on timetables saying which journeys are funded would be a good idea!