North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Jun 2016, 8:10 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]While I have not calculated the PVR, I have attempted the daytime requirement for each of the services with significant changes:

Q3 - 9
10/10A/10B/10X - 15
11 - 8
40/41 - 5
42 - 6
57 - 8
58 - 8

(The 12/12A timetable is on the website in full - of course they only need to do the timetable for 'one direction' as they are displayed as loop services with one going in either direction - both 'directions' are on the same timetable pane - the number of daytime vehicles needed remains at 5 from what I can see)

I wonder what will happen with 8310-8315?
(15 Jun 2016, 8:13 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I wonder what will happen with 8310-8315?

Where else can they go other than the Q3? On the plus side though, if the services continue to be successful (which the Q3 must be to have the extension it is receiving considered), then I would suggest new vehicles being brought in within the next couple of years.
(15 Jun 2016, 8:18 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Where else can they go other than the Q3? On the plus side though, if the services continue to be successful (which the Q3 must be to have the extension it is receiving considered), then I would suggest new vehicles being brought in within the next couple of years.
That's a nice thought but my point is what will run the other three boards if they stay put?
(15 Jun 2016, 8:19 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]That's a nice thought but my point is what will run the other three boards if they stay put?

Could put green branding onto 8316/17/18, and get 8325/26/27 from Deptford into purple Quaylink, along with 8328 back as a spare.

Service 61 could then get 4978-82 from Percy Main, with 5377-80 for 19 at Percy Main (with a red scania as backup)
(15 Jun 2016, 8:19 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]That's a nice thought but my point is what will run the other three boards if they stay put?

Maybe the 4 long base Versas coming off 58?
And working it out this way, if Riverside's / Hexham's fleet remain the same, then it will be the following:

- 7x B9TL Geminis at Hexham
- 8x B9TL Geminis at Riverside + 1x B7TL Gemini

That then leaves the following:
- 1x B7TL Gemini at Hexham which is fine
- 2x B7TL Geminis at Riverside covering a total PVR of 15 (9x TEN and 6x TTX)

2x spares covering a total PVR of 15, 6 of which are prone to breakdowns and even delays caused by RTAs, bad weather etc, there needs to be another vehicle brought over to Riverside making sure that there is still a spare vehicle available to cover for the TEN and that doesn't include a 'conventional' double deck vehicle. Take this for an example:

- 6043 has a warning light before leaving the depot.
- A major RTC happens on the A19 leaving 1x of the vehicles stuck in severe traffic and the outbound service from Newcastle needs a vehicle deployed.

That then leaves the TEN (10A / 10B) services with no suitable spare vehicles.

Whatever vehicle is (if any?) brought into Riverside is another question but there does need to be one.
There seems to be a Gemini kicking around on Gateshead locals, schools, spare in the Interchange quite frequently, therefore I would say 2 spare Geminis would be ok.

If 3 buses were off I'm sure putting an East Lancs B7TL or even a single deck on short Ten's wouldn't be the end of the world.

Another older bus would need to be brought in to keep the spare double deck numbers the same, assuming Riverside aren't losing any scholars in the next school year.
(15 Jun 2016, 8:10 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]While I have not calculated the PVR, I have attempted the daytime requirement for each of the services with significant changes:

Q3 - 9
10/10A/10B/10X - 15
11 - 8
40/41 - 5
42 - 6
57 - 8
58 - 8

(The 12/12A timetable is on the website in full - of course they only need to do the timetable for 'one direction' as they are displayed as loop services with one going in either direction - both 'directions' are on the same timetable pane - the number of daytime vehicles needed remains at 5 from what I can see)

11 altogether pvr for the indigo north tyne but they only got 9 buses?
Could they brand one of the 'Citylink' Versas as 'South Tyne' to replace the Solar, or are the longer Versas still too small to meet the requirements of the contract?
(15 Jun 2016, 1:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]New timetables for the upcoming changes on the 24th July and the 31st July are now going on the GNE site...

Some are still in the VOSA style for the timetables... mainly the likes of the new 11 etc. 

Edit: 

The new 11 route is long - running half hourly.
42 - half hourly between North Shields and Benton ASDA, then hourly between Asda and Cramlington Manor Walks.

57 is staying every 20 minutes
58 is dropping to every 12 minutes

Full details now on the site:

North Tyneside: http://www.simplygo.com/news/service-cha...d-31-july/

Gateshead: http://www.simplygo.com/news/service-cha...nd-31-july
(15 Jun 2016, 8:33 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]Could put green branding onto 8316/17/18, and get 8325/26/27 from Deptford into purple Quaylink, along with 8328 back as a spare.

Service 61 could then get 4978-82 from Percy Main, with 5377-80 for 19 at Percy Main (with a red scania as backup)

Can't see 5377 moving from Riverside - handy to have any tachograph fitted vehicle remain at Riverside for the X9/X10 Wink

Might it not make more sense to send the spare long Versas to Deptford for the 61 and have 8306-9 move to Riverside for the Q3?
Few unhappy people posting on Facebook again about the changes.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
(16 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm)MVK 500R wrote [ -> ]Few unhappy people posting on Facebook again about the changes.

Just noticed a query from someone who is travelling from Chopwell to Blaydon on a Sunday. The response from the FB bod, suggest they travel via Newcastle to complete the journey. That can't be right - surely?
(16 Jun 2016, 1:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just noticed a query from someone who is travelling from Chopwell to Blaydon on a Sunday. The response from the FB bod, suggest they travel via Newcastle to complete the journey. That can't be right - surely?
Aye, saw that too.

The changes confirm that the 42 will be Indigo alongside the 40/41

Under the 17/17A changes:

View timetables for...

NEW service 11
indiGo 40/41
indiGo 42
(16 Jun 2016, 12:28 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Can't see 5377 moving from Riverside - handy to have any tachograph fitted vehicle remain at Riverside for the X9/X10 Wink

Might it not make more sense to send the spare long Versas to Deptford for the 61 and have 8306-9 move to Riverside for the Q3?

No, it wouldn't.

At the moment; every single board on the Quaylink Q3 has at least one journey (early morning/late evening) which is secured by Nexus, stipulating the use of a Euro 5 vehicle (with a minimum capacity of 44). As 8306 - 8309 are Euro 4, these would not fulfil the contractual requirements.

Not forgetting that the Citylink branded Optare Versas also have Next Stop Announcements - why go to the unnecessary cost of fitting this equipment to 8306 - 8309 when it could be avoided?
(16 Jun 2016, 1:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just noticed a query from someone who is travelling from Chopwell to Blaydon on a Sunday. The response from the FB bod, suggest they travel via Newcastle to complete the journey. That can't be right - surely?

Irrespective of the upcoming service revisions, someone travelling from Chopwell to Blaydon (using a GNE ticket) would need to catch the 47 to either Swalwell Roundabout or Metrocentre and catch a 49/49A (from Swalwell) or 10/10A/10B from Metrocentre to Blaydon. Alternatively, if they have a Network One pass, it's possible to catch a bus the 47 to High Spen and transfer onto either the R3/R4 to Blaydon.

The FB bod is incorrect on this occasion.

It doesn't surprise me. To get from Washington to Chester early on a Sunday, you'd have to get the 4 to Heworth, 27 to Gateshead and 21 to Chester.

But on the same token, if there were plenty people wanting to make that journey, there'd be a bus route there. Not great, but it's the system we have.
(16 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It doesn't surprise me. To get from Washington to Chester early on a Sunday, you'd have to get the 4 to Heworth, 27 to Gateshead and 21 to Chester.

But on the same token, if there were plenty people wanting to make that journey, there'd be a bus route there. Not great, but it's the system we have.

Probably be quicker to walk from most areas of Washington to Chester early on a Sunday, than get on the 4 followed by the 27 and then the 21.
(16 Jun 2016, 8:04 am)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Could they brand one of the 'Citylink' Versas as 'South Tyne' to replace the Solar, or are the longer Versas still too small to meet the requirements of the contract?

Long Versa's should be considered as a Full Size Single Deck replacement as there only 0.3m smaller than a full size vehicle ( Example, A Solar )
Though as the service offering is pretty basic on here, With no Wifi or NSAs, It wouldn't put them to good use on here.