North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14 Jan 2016, 11:13 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/458 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X21 effective from 05-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/462 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Crook, Beechburn Industrial Estate and Durham Bus Station given service number X46 effective from 05-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/531 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between DURHAM BUS STATION and BISHOP AUCKLAND COLLEGE given service number X21 effective from 05-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

This will no doubt fuel speculation on the arrival of the Streetdecks ?
Is that because they've got to add 15 minutes to the running time so the Streetwrecks can cope!!!
(14 Jan 2016, 12:33 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Is that because they've got to add 15 minutes to the running time so the Streetwrecks can cope!!!

Nope.
(14 Jan 2016, 12:33 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Is that because they've got to add 15 minutes to the running time so the Streetwrecks can cope!!!

Funny, I was in Bishop Auckland yesterday afternoon and 9119 arrived back roughly on-time. In fact I was in Newcastle the other week and it arrived in Eldon Square from Middlesbrough on service X10 around 5 minutes early!

Is it just me that is sick of hearing some of this StreetWreck garbage? They are no worse than the current mix of Pronto branded Presidents, in fact at present if I am using the X21 I would rather have 9119 than a President as it has a slightly higher seating capacity, I find the seats more comfortable and it will get me there. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't exactly excite me when I ride it but they serve the purpose of getting me from A-B, I am actually looking forward to the StreetDeck's arriving for the X21 as they should be a nicer place to be inside than the current Presidents and the free Wi-Fi will distract me from how it performs on the A1(M), not sure I'm looking forward to more e-leather seating though.
I don't see why people can't just say Streetlite and Streetdeck rather than substitues. I don't know whether it is done in an attempt to gain popularity but it certainly isn't funny. Infact, i think that the Streetlites handle the routes that they are on very well and aren't shite at all as people suggest.
(14 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Funny, I was in Bishop Auckland yesterday afternoon and 9119 arrived back roughly on-time. In fact I was in Newcastle the other week and it arrived in Eldon Square from Middlesbrough on service X10 around 5 minutes early!

Is it just me that is sick of hearing some of this StreetWreck garbage? They are no worse than the current mix of Pronto branded Presidents, in fact at present if I am using the X21 I would rather have 9119 than a President as it has a slightly higher seating capacity, I find the seats more comfortable and it will get me there. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't exactly excite me when I ride it but they serve the purpose of getting me from A-B, I am actually looking forward to the StreetDeck's arriving for the X21 as they should be a nicer place to be inside than the current Presidents and the free Wi-Fi will distract me from how it performs on the A1(M), not sure I'm looking forward to more e-leather seating though.

What's wrong with e - leather?
(14 Jan 2016, 12:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I don't see why people can't just say Streetlite and Streetdeck rather than substitues. I don't know whether it is done in an attempt to gain popularity but it certainly isn't funny. Infact, i think that the Streetlites handle the routes that they are on very well and aren't shite at all as people suggest.

I imagine it is partly down to wanting to achieve popularity of some sort, as many enthusiasts don't seem to like them. I have sampled most of the routes StreetLite's operate within the region, even the Dales & District services 55 and 70 and I have found that they have performed well on every route I've had them on. Some hate them simply because of the noise the engine makes.

(14 Jan 2016, 1:11 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]What's wrong with e - leather?

I don't mind e-leather however in my opinion they are nowhere near as comfortable as the fabric seats in the likes of the Volvo B9TL's.
(14 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]e-leather in my opinion are nowhere near as comfortable as the fabric seats in the likes of the Volvo B9TL's.

I agree.
(14 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]This will no doubt fuel speculation on the arrival of the Streetdecks ?

Look what you have started Wink

(14 Jan 2016, 12:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I don't see why people can't just say Streetlite and Streetdeck rather than substitues. I don't know whether it is done in an attempt to gain popularity but it certainly isn't funny. Infact, i think that the Streetlites handle the routes that they are on very well and aren't shite at all as people suggest.

Some people like them. Some don't.
Just like many other buses out there, they split opinion. Life would be boring if we all agreed.

Until their is a dictat that states we are to call them by their official titles, then if people want to call them that, let them call them that.
(14 Jan 2016, 1:57 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Some people like them. Some don't.
Just like many other buses out there, they split opinion. Life would be boring if we all agreed.

Until their is a dictat that states we are to call them by their official titles, then if people want to call them that, let them call them that.

I appreciate that people son't like them but there is no need to replace part of the name with something else because of this. I don't know about anybody else but i certainly don't like reading 'Streetshite' and 'Streetwreck' every time a subject involving them is brought up on the forum.
(14 Jan 2016, 2:17 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I appreciate that people son't like them but there is no need to replace part of the name with something else because of this. I don't know about anybody else but i certainly don't like reading 'Streetshite' and 'Streetwreck' every time a subject involving them is brought up on the forum.

Nor do I.

I can understand a couple of issues with the StreetLite, from a customer point of view, where they're cold in the winter and boiling hot in the summer. 

I've never had any problems with the StreetDeck, when has it broke down exactly, did it break down on the TTX, Pronto, TEN...?! No, apparently it broke down on the 18 - which was later confirmed at bulls**t.
(14 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Nor do I.

I can understand a couple of issues with the StreetLite, from a customer point of view, where they're cold in the winter and boiling hot in the summer. 

I've never had any problems with the StreetDeck, when has it broke down exactly, did it break down on the TTX, Pronto, TEN...?! No, apparently it broke down on the 18 - which was later confirmed at bulls**t.

Was originally intended to be used on the 18, but wasn't due to a door fault (which was repaired at Chester-le-Street allowing the vehicle to be used on the X21 later that day). I think that's where this 'breakdown' rumour derived from.

Obviously Greg's comment was not intended to be taken seriously, but I'm not entirely sure why the StreetDeck has such an awful reputation? If this vehicle type was not fit for purpose, Go North East wouldn't be purchasing them for the X21!
PB0002400/554 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LOW MOORSLEY, FRONT STREET/CHESTER- LE- STREET and TOWN END FARM/BOLDON ASDA/HEWORTH INTERCHANGE given service number 35/35A/36 effective from 29-Feb-2016. To amend Route.
(14 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/554 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LOW MOORSLEY, FRONT STREET/CHESTER- LE- STREET and TOWN END FARM/BOLDON ASDA/HEWORTH INTERCHANGE given service number 35/35A/36 effective from 29-Feb-2016. To amend Route.

I think this will be the reason for the change - 

Timber Beach Road will be closed between the A1231 Wessington Way/Castletown Way roundabout and the Timber Beach Road/Hylton Park Road roundabout, due to civil engineering works in connection with construction of the Wear Bridge.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...9-february
(14 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I imagine it is partly down to wanting to achieve popularity of some sort, as many enthusiasts don't seem to like them. I have sampled most of the routes StreetLite's operate within the region, even the Dales & District services 55 and 70 and I have found that they have performed well on every route I've had them on. Some hate them simply because of the noise the engine makes.

I don't mind e-leather however in my opinion they are nowhere near as comfortable as the fabric seats in the likes of the Volvo B9TL's.

I agree
Being serious, the Streetdeck is not a bad bus, its just that the Enviro400MMC was seen by most of us who travelled on it as a better vehicle and more suited to a long distance express route. It's just that Go North East seem to have a thing against ADL. Also the new Citaro, like the one trialled by GNE and Weardale, is undoubtedly a better bus than a Streetlite, but whilst the Citaro is probably as economic to run, it's more expensive than Streetlites.
(14 Jan 2016, 8:01 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]It's just that Go North East seem to have a thing against ADL. 

There can be many reasons for that perceived position.

(I am not an 'insider', though I have worked in the motor industry.)

Apart from the 'facts' as to whether a particular vehicle is 'the best' choice for whatever task is involved, there is the full life cost to be considered, the reliability, the ease of servicing (including the location of the supplying dealer - who might need to be called upon to sort out something), and, also the relationship with the supplier (including any discounts).

Just like when Joe Public buys a car, if they are not made welcome when they visit the dealer (I have a particular hate person in a local main dealer) then they will walk away however good the product might seem to be.

My daughter has a particular hate make - she has had trouble with two of their models.

Her husband has other hate makes (though he has never owned any of their cars).

It may (or may not) be what is best in absolute terms that influences GNE - and, remember, the different routes have differing demands.
In addition, different depots might need particular models for simplicity (of commonality of spares and knowledge).
Although the Streetdeck isn't a flying machine like the E400MMC and B9TL, it doesn't mean that they will be unreliable heaps of scrap in 3 years time. Mercedes have a good engineering track record and the Citaros are still going strong. They only have a 5 litre engine and I know that the weight is less and although the extra weight will be an implication on the Streetdeck, they might prove themselves to be good workhorses despite being a tad slower than other deckers or just the same depending on the setup. Alot of the faults which might've occured wuth the Streetdeck could be applied to other Wright bodied products. I was on 6105 one morning when the fire alarm warning system went off for no obvious reason.
(15 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Although the Streetdeck isn't a flying machine like the E400MMC and B9TL, it doesn't mean that they will be unreliable heaps of scrap in 3 years time. Mercedes have a good engineering track record and the Citaros are still going strong. They only have a 5 litre engine and I know that the weight is less and although the extra weight will be an implication on the Streetdeck, they might prove themselves to be good workhorses despite being a tad slower than other deckers or just the same depending on the setup. Alot of the faults which might've occured wuth the Streetdeck could be applied to other Wright bodied products. I was on 6105 one morning when the fire alarm warning system went off for no obvious reason.

Was it not the Davey Bowyer alarm  Tongue
(15 Jan 2016, 6:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Was it not the Davey Bowyer alarm  Tongue

Haha! No, the fire warning system went off around Cobalt and the lights on the dashboard around the rev counter were also flashing away. Ended up getting off and jumping on the 310 behind (6102) further en route as it was doing my head in.

Funnily enough, the bus was only in service for just under 2 months at the time.