North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ](sniffs twice)...I smell something funny...

He loves to tease! 
(04 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ](sniffs twice)...I smell something funny...

Now now Marcus....this is part of the business I don't normally get involved in.  Painting of buses is not part of the Operations side which I am involved in.
(04 Jan 2015, 5:20 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Now now Marcus....this is part of the business I don't normally get involved in.  Painting of buses is not part of the Operations side which I am involved in.

(Cowers in corner...for the 4th(?) time!) Tongue
(04 Jan 2015, 5:20 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ](Cowers in corner...for the 4th(?) time!) Tongue

Marcus, did you play kiss chase a lot at school  Tongue
(04 Jan 2015, 5:37 pm)RM2186 wrote [ -> ]Marcus, did you play kiss chase a lot at school  Tongue

What you talking 'bout?! - I'm in school! Tongue

No, never played that. If we did though, I wouldn't need buses anymore...! hehe
Nowadays, playing kiss-chase (or a catch-a-kissy as we called it) at school could be misconstrued as sexual harassment.

How times change!
Cor... a lot has changed in the 50 years since I last played it. Poor little peeps these days
(04 Jan 2015, 5:47 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Nowadays, playing kiss-chase (or a catch-a-kissy as we called it) at school could be misconstrued as sexual harassment.

How times change!

(04 Jan 2015, 5:50 pm)RM2186 wrote [ -> ]Cor... a lot has changed in the 50 years since I last played it. Poor little peeps these days

Did you guys ever play Bulldog when you were at School.
(04 Jan 2015, 5:53 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Did you guys ever play Bulldog when you were at School.

Played British Bulldog at Scouts  Big Grin

Oops! Gone a tad off topic methinks 
(04 Jan 2015, 5:53 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Did you guys ever play Bulldog when you were at School.

I vaguely remember Bulldog. Was that the game where, if you got tagged, you stood still with your legs open waiting for someone to crawl through in order to be brought back into play?

Did anyone used to play 'Red Rover' or 'What's the time Mr Wolf'?

I think I remember that in primary school.

Hide-and-seek tig was the one my friends and I used to play - after lunch we'd go out on the huge field and run ourselves into the ground.

The fact that it was so big, you didn't even need to hide - just blend in with the others.

Mind it wasn't always fun. Let me tell you a story...

I was hiding with a group of others near a huge oak tree at the very top of the field, in a long line of them. The kid who was on was looking around and saw us, but one of us did a runner down to one of the football goals. He ran out of breath, and assuming he'd outran the kid who was on, he stopped.

Bad move on his part. The kid who was on ran into him in a rugby tackle and they both wound up in the goal and held him on the ground for some reason before pulling him to his feet. I mentioned they were in a football goal? The rabbit who had been caught by the fox got hit by the ball - right in the face.

Nose started gushing with blood...the old games can be unintentionally brutal! Sad
(04 Jan 2015, 6:01 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I vaguely remember Bulldog. Was that the game where, if you got tagged, you stood still with your legs open waiting for someone to crawl through in order to be brought back into play?

Did anyone used to play 'Red Rover' or 'What's the time Mr Wolf'?

Yeah thats the one, that got banned in Schools as well I think.
(04 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Yeah thats the one, that got banned in Schools as well I think.

There was seemingly a variation at my school where, as you crawled through people's legs, you punched (or nipped) them in the balls.

That variation could also be construed as sexual harassment. 
(04 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Yeah thats the one, that got banned in Schools as well I think.

Isn't everything banned in schools now, you even have to wear protective goggles to play conkers.

Even since I left school which wasn't that long ago safety has gone totally OTT.
(04 Jan 2015, 6:10 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]There was seemingly a variation at my school where, as you crawled through people's legs, you punched (or nipped) them in the balls.

That variation could also be construed as sexual harassment. 

The world is different...sadly. Sad

The really close-minded folk could even view tag (or tig) as 'touching' - whenever we used to play it you just grabbed them wherever you could to get them on. :|
Probably politically incorrect, but 'darn sarf' where I am from and 50 years ago, you were not on you were IT!
(04 Jan 2015, 6:16 pm)RM2186 wrote [ -> ]Probably politically incorrect, but 'darn sarf' where I am from and 50 years ago, you were not on you were IT!

Thought I'd look like an idiot putting 'it', but that's what we called the person who was on, but in any other context you were 'on'.

If that makes sense. lol
School was certainly different in the 80s and 90s.

I doubt the millennials could hack the daily brutality of school-life back in the day.
True!

British Bulldog consisted of carrying someone on piggy back and trying to pull all other contestants off their piggy backers onto the nice hard wooden floor, harder the better.... oh such fun
(04 Jan 2015, 6:20 pm)RM2186 wrote [ -> ]True!

British Bulldog consisted of carrying someone on piggy back and trying to pull all other contestants off their piggy backers onto the nice hard wooden floor, harder the better.... oh such fun

We had a variation of something like that within my little friendship circle in around Year 5.

There were 8 of us, and the four oldest would stand while the four youngest would jump on their backs and try to knock everyone else out.

Fortunately I was the oldest, and the kid who I normally paired up with was brilliant at pushing people off. hehe

We didn't get to play it long because the teachers started to get concerned on the safety side of things, but I recall only ever hitting the floor myself once.

However, my partner normally did get knocked off, because even after you'd pushed people over - you just got back together and carried on.

Most of the time I wasn't pushed over, so just ran around like a loose horse trying to push people off myself lol.