North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PB0003954/538 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Ashington Bus Station and North Shields, Town Centre given service number 19 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/580 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between WHITLEY BAY THE LINKS and WREKENTON HIGH STREET/KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 1/1A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/657 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Haltwhistle, Railway Station and Gilsland, Main Road ( Bridge Hotel) given service number 185 effective from 26-Mar-2016.

PB0003954/660 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Alston, Townhead and Haltwhistle, Railway Station given service number 681 effective from 26-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/673 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Durham Bus Station
Finish Point: Beamish Museum
Via:
Service Number: 128
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 19-MAR-2016
Other Details: 19th March until 29th March 2016 Saturday only - hourly

PB0003954/674 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Haltwhistle Railway Station
Finish Point: Gisland Main Road/ Birdoswold, Roman Fort
Via:
Service Number: 185
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 26-MAR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saurday (except public holidays)

PB0003954/675 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Hexham Bus Station
Finish Point: Haltwhistle Railway Station
Via:
Service Number: AD122
Effective Date: 25-MAR-2016
Other Details: Runs daily from 25th March 29016 until 25th September 2016

PB0003954/676 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Hexham Bus Station
Finish Point: Haltwhistle Railway Station
Via:
Service Number: X122
Effective Date: 25-MAR-2016
Other Details: Runs Daily from 25th March 2016 until 25th September 2016
From Monday 1 February 2016, resurfacing works will take place near Stamfordham Road roundabout. These works will be in place for one week, off peak between 9.30am and 3.30pm.

The works will result in a section of Stamfordham Road being closed to westbound traffic between Holmesdale Road and Ponteland Road roundabout, with Service 74 diverted from Newcastle via A167 as normal, then from Co Gate roundabout left to A189, right to Fenham Hall Drive, ahead to Netherby Drive, right to Silver Lonnen, then left to normal route.
I can't find the first post about this but there's an update:

Closure of Timber Beach Road from 1 February

Date: 01 Feb 2016

Without prior notice, this closure has been brought forward to 1 February 2016.

Timber Beach Road will be closed between the A1231 Wessington Way/Castletown Way roundabout and the Timber Beach Road/Hylton Park Road roundabout, due to civil engineering works in connection with construction of the Wear Bridge.

Services 35, 35A & 36 will be routed via North Hylton Road, Castletown Way, A1231 Wessington Way and Hylton Riverside Retail Park Colima Avenue and Castletown Dene in both directions.
The routes in Hylton Riverside Retail Park for services 8, 99, 99A, 135 and 136 will not be affected.
There will be no changes to the existing timetables.
Changes from February 28th & March 5th now visible

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...d-5-march/
(05 Feb 2016, 12:45 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Changes from February 28th & March 5th now visible

Along with the changes GNE have relieved the new "Red Arrows" Branding.

Uploaded a pic but its blurry 

-------

Interestingly the new X21 timetable is in the rubbish style.. keeping the new branding under wraps for the time being?
(05 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Along with the changes GNE have relieved the new "Red Arrows" Branding.

Uploaded a pic but its blurry 

-------

Interestingly the new X21 timetable is in the rubbish style.. keeping the new branding under wraps for the time being?

Still quite nice
(05 Feb 2016, 12:45 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Changes from February 28th & March 5th now visible

Disappointing to see the 4/237 changes not offer a bus after 2300 from Houghton, particularly when the last 4 leaves at 2216, 1 minute after the  X1 arrives from Newcastle.
The last 4 towards Houghton departs the Galleries at 2229 at the exact same time the X1 is due to depart. 
Very tight connections.

There is an error in the 237 timetable too. No idea why it is starting at New Seaham Primary School on the last run of the day.

edit: I have noticed the 237 operates via Mulberry Way. There are no stops at all on this section of route (unless they're being introduced). Express introduced between Fencehouses and Houghton?!
(05 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Interestingly the new X21 timetable is in the rubbish style.. keeping the new branding under wraps for the time being?

Note the additional stop served - Low Fell, The Cannon.
The new Red Arrow looks much better than other recent attempts of Green Arrow and indiGO.

However, I'm dissapointed to see nothing is being done about the 82/82A's reliability....
(05 Feb 2016, 2:16 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]The new Red Arrow looks much better than other recent attempts of Green Arrow and indiGO.

However, I'm dissapointed to see nothing is being done about the 82/82A's reliability....

I use it quite a bit (mainly between Birtley and the Galleries) and looking in from the outside it appears there is very little slack in the timetable.

Whilst traffic shouldn't be much of an issue out of peaks and it is very rare I see delays caused by traffic whilst using it - it seems to take just a few passengers more than normal, for it to fall behind.
The road network it uses and the lack of faster roads means there is very little room for a heavy foot to help get back on time.
I like the look of it too, what does it say next to the route?

Its in a paragrpah but i cant read it.
(05 Feb 2016, 2:16 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]The new Red Arrow looks much better than other recent attempts of Green Arrow and indiGO.

Why do people hate the Indigo brand?, its better than the most of the current brands.

Really looking forward to seeing the new Prince Bishops brand on the Streetlites - if its staying that brand.
(05 Feb 2016, 3:43 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Why do people hate the Indigo brand?, its better than the most of the current brands.

Really looking forward to seeing the new Prince Bishops brand on the Streetlites - if its staying that brand.

Because it is absolutely pointless.

Why do you feel the need to state that you do not like the Green Arrow and indiGo brands everytime the subject of branding is brought up? Like you said to Davie in the service suggestions (or similar):

We get it, you do not like the Green Arrow and indiGo brands.
(05 Feb 2016, 3:49 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Because it is absolutely pointless.

So we could say rest of the brands are pointless? and that's not just GNE's brands either...... Arriva's MAX, Sapphire, Stagecoach's Gas, SUN bus, E's and the 2 on Teeside......

Least its something different and not a recycled old brand.......
(05 Feb 2016, 2:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I like the look of it too, what does it say next to the route?

Its in a paragrpah but i cant read it.

The main calling points of the X1: Newcastle, Gateshead, Washington Galleries and Houghton.

(05 Feb 2016, 3:43 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Why do people hate the Indigo brand?, its better than the most of the current brands.

The argument against the "indiGo" brand is that the colour of the bus is not indigo: it's pink. The outline of the indiGo wording is indigo in colour, though, and really the main idea behind the name is the pun 'indiGo to here, indiGo to there'...

As I've said countless times - the eye-catching pink buses stand out in areas where there are competing services. If it's increasing passenger numbers on these services, it's a job well done.
(05 Feb 2016, 3:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The main calling points of the X1: Newcastle, Gateshead, Washington Galleries and Houghton.

The argument against the "indiGo" brand is that the colour of the bus is not indigo: it's pink. The outline of the indiGo wording is indigo in colour, though, and really the main idea behind the name is the pun 'indiGo to here, indiGo to there'...

Thanks Dan.

Oh this old chest nut again............. Remember the Black Cats brand, it was a yellow base and i bet no one complained about that because it wasn't Black or Red?

Has it increased passenger numbers?, i remember reading years ago that since branding was launched some service usage increased by over 50%...
I bet Joe Public gets so wound up about route branding.
I bet Joe Public knows that GNE copy Trent Barton.
I bet Joe Public really care if a bus is pink if the brand is called indiGo.
I bet Joe Public think an operator who runs buses in a different part of the country run better services, regardless of the conditions here.

Yawn, I'm bored with this repetitive crap.
(05 Feb 2016, 3:58 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I bet Joe Public gets so wound up about route branding.
I bet Joe Public knows that GNE copy Trent Barton.
I bet Joe Public really care if a bus is pink if the brand is called indiGo.
I bet Joe Public think an operator who runs buses in a different part of the country run better services, regardless of the conditions here.

Yawn, I'm bored with this repetitive crap.

Not the only one... its mentioned every time someone makes a suggestion or GNE launch a new brand, or new styled brand - example the Red Arrows. 

I have my favorites and the ones i don't like but i don't mention it all the time.
(05 Feb 2016, 3:49 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Because it is absolutely pointless.

Marcus only thinks this because he didn't get to launch the indiGo buses, and a young lad called Peter Witham did! Wink