North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Sep 2015, 8:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tynedale Links changes from the 11th October

Interesting to see the withdrawal of the 74A and Friday and Saturday evening 74 journeys, however this was mentioned as a possibility by someone else on the forum prior to the changes. Looks like the X84 on a Sunday will be standalone, presumably, as it won't be able to interwork with the 74A. Wonder if this will affect the allocation, using Tynedale Express branded Solars, rather than Tynedale Links MPDs?
Is the 434 commercial or a NCC contract?
(16 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]What the **** is this...?! [shocked face]

A new service Tongue, hopefully it works for them, not sure if its council supported or commercial ran though?

Although not sure on the timetable.... every 2 hours and it finishes before 3pm... and certain journeys, don't run on a Wednesday during school time.

It looks be "Go North East" branded to... it'll probables use a MPD.
(16 Sep 2015, 1:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]A new service Tongue, hopefully it works for them, not sure if its council supported or commercial ran though?

Although not sure on the timetable.... every 2 hours and it finishes before 3pm... and certain journeys, don't run on a Wednesday during school time.

Looks like GNE are making a mark in the area. I can't see anything on the NCC website about changes to 30 & 34, so it looks commercial. 

Explains why the StreetDeck was sighted in the area.
(16 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Interesting to see the withdrawal of the 74A and Friday and Saturday evening 74 journeys, however this was mentioned as a possibility by someone else on the forum prior to the changes. Looks like the X84 on a Sunday will be standalone, presumably, as it won't be able to interwork with the 74A. Wonder if this will affect the allocation, using Tynedale Express branded Solars, rather than Tynedale Links MPDs?

Council cuts once again.... The numbers must be low on a Friday/Saturday evening and on a Sunday if that part of the service is going... =(

Hopefully X84 will get more journeys on a Sunday because from October 11th... none of the Tynedale Links will run on a Sunday.
(16 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Looks like GNE are making a mark in the area. I can't see anything on the NCC website about changes to 30 & 34, so it looks commercial. 

Explains why the StreetDeck was sighted in the area.

I would imagine if its commercial, they'll be a 6 month trail, if passenger numbers are decent, they'll keep it, if not it'll be withdrawn..
(16 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I would imagine if its commercial, they'll be a 6 month trail, if passenger numbers are decent, they'll keep it, if not it'll be withdrawn..

I see it being withdrawn... People pay for Arriva Savers and returns on that route, plus Phoenix offer adult fares which are the prices of Arriva's child fares.
(16 Sep 2015, 1:41 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I see it being withdrawn... People pay for Arriva Savers and returns on that route, plus Phoenix offer adult fares which are the prices of Arriva's child fares.

Only other service GNE have to Ashington is the 19, thought it might of being a link service but by the time the 434 arrives at Ashington the 19 has gone................... -.-
(16 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Only other service GNE have to Ashington is the 19, thought it might of being a link service but by the time the 434 arrives at Ashington the 19 has gone................... -.-

It looks like a 30 & 34 replacement. The 30 leaves Ashington for Linton at 25 past. 

Sod NCC if it replaces them two services.
(16 Sep 2015, 2:01 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It looks like a 30 & 34 replacement. The 30 leaves Ashington for Linton at 25 past. 

Sod NCC if it replaces them two services.

I can't remember if VOSA had a thing on for the 434 or any of the Tynedale Link services, they must be well behind still... doesn't help though when they only had 4 changes on yesterday...and none so far today, would of thought they wanted to get rid of the back log.............
(16 Sep 2015, 2:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I can't remember if VOSA had a thing on for the 434 or any of the Tynedale Link services, they must be well behind still... doesn't help though when they only had 4 changes on yesterday... would of thought they wanted to get rid of the back log.............

This kind of ties in with the Council woman being on the 30. If it is a Council contract the 30 to North Seaton Colliery gets cut.
County council secured bus services can still be submitted to VOSA after the start date of the bus service.
(16 Sep 2015, 2:16 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]County council secured bus services can still be submitted to VOSA after the start date of the bus service.

Oh right i thought it was like the rest, 56 days before changes was meant to startTongue
(16 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oh right i thought it was like the rest, 56 days before changes was meant to startTongue

that was the information supplied to me by durham county council transport division.
(16 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Interesting to see the withdrawal of the 74A and Friday and Saturday evening 74 journeys, however this was mentioned as a possibility by someone else on the forum prior to the changes. Looks like the X84 on a Sunday will be standalone, presumably, as it won't be able to interwork with the 74A. Wonder if this will affect the allocation, using Tynedale Express branded Solars, rather than Tynedale Links MPDs?

It's a shame to see some journeys on various services will be withdrawn, but unfortunately was bound to happen at some point owing to council funding cuts. I think we'll see one or two further changes uploaded to the website in due course. I'd imagine that the Sunday X84 service will also be cancelled, as I don't think there's enough demand to introduce further Newcastle - Hexham services (on top of the TEN service) during the day to justify running the current journeys.

Great to see Go North East's network expanding further into County Durham and Northumberland - on paper it looks to be an improvement to some of the services being offered at present, as I'd imagine that Go North East's own ticketing options will be valid. Arriva best watch their backs: Go North East will expand to Carlisle in no time! Wink

Of course; tyresmoke mentioned a week or two ago that Go North East will be taking on service U1 from Arriva from next month, and I have a feeling that this will result in a higher standard of operation being provided than the service being operated at present, too.

(16 Sep 2015, 1:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]A new service Tongue, hopefully it works for them, not sure if its council supported or commercial ran though?

I think this service, paired with the new scholars service it will interwork with, are both supported by Northumberland County Council. Perhaps this explains why Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3859 (W859 PNL) remains in use at Percy Main?
(16 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Great to see Go North East's network expanding further into County Durham and Northumberland - on paper it looks to be an improvement to some of the services being offered at present, as I'd imagine that Go North East's own ticketing options will be valid. Arriva best watch their backs: Go North East will expand to Carlisle in no time! Wink

Well, by gaining the 681 to Alston they've already crossed the border into Cumbria. As you say, Carlisle might be next - I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. I believe the current Alston to Carlisle service receives support from Cumbria County Council.
(16 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's a shame to see some journeys on various services will be withdrawn, but unfortunately was bound to happen at some point owing to council funding cuts.

I think we'll see one or two further changes uploaded to the website in due course. I'd imagine that the Sunday X84 service will also be cancelled, as I don't think there's enough demand to introduce further Newcastle - Hexham services (on top of the TEN service) during the day to justify running the current journeys.

Great to see Go North East's network expanding further into County Durham and Northumberland - on paper it looks to be an improvement to some of the services being offered at present, as I'd imagine that Go North East's own ticketing options will be valid. Arriva best watch their backs: Go North East will expand to Carlisle in no time! Wink

Of course, tyresmoke mentioned a week or two ago that Go North East will be taking on service U1 from Arriva from next month, and I have a feeling that this stands a good chance of providing a higher standard than the service being operated at present too.

I think this service, paired with the new scholars service it will interwork with, are both supported by Northumberland County Council. Perhaps this explains why Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3859 (W859 PNL) remains in use at Percy Main?

Shame to, glad they're still keeping the Monday-Saturday service though!

The changes do seem good, also on the GNE site, it seems they have decided to split the Tynedale Links timetables up so each service has their own, instead of loads of services being on one timetable.

For the U1, i'll imagine this is where some/all of the spare SOLO Sr's will go from the Venture, once changes happen with the V8 etc?, whats the PVR for the U1?

Maybe that's why 3859 is still in service then.
85 is normally busy on a Sunday, so maybe the X84 could run, maybe even just two hourly? Would be worth it I think.
(16 Sep 2015, 2:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]For the U1, i'll imagine this is where some/all of the spare SOLO Sr's will go from the Venture, once changes happen with the V8 etc?, whats the PVR for the U1?

The PVR is one. I imagine the Venture SRs will have already gained a new home.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:07 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The PVR is one. I imagine the Venture SRs will have already gained a new home.

Thanks, couldn't find the timetable anyway.

I don't see them going on the Tynedale Links, won't be enough.

1 might end up on the U1, with the rest moving else where as spares or replacing some of the old NEXUS solo SR's although all that seems very unlikely.