North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I don't like 8272 or 8273. If they get transferred, good riddens!

Cracking buses those 2, only bettered by the volvo B10BLE.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:04 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Cracking buses those 2, only bettered by the volvo B10BLE.

Yeah I agree - there certinaly aren't bad.
Riversides and Washingtons are a completley different matter, they are vile.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:04 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Cracking buses those 2, only bettered by the volvo B10BLE.

All down to opinion!

I have a weird taste in buses - I get frothy at the mouth when I see a DAF (might make the pilgrimage to Middlesbrough to see one soon).

I think we can all establish the B10BLEs are smashers - can only compare to the Leyland National!

The Volvo B5HLs - awful. They go into snail mode up and down the route to Newcastle!

B9s are very good. Power to the very best, ideal for long and challenging routes.

What else is there? Vykings are nice for a short hop, Lolynes are nice if you ask me! Wink

Pulsars, Eclipses and Solars - all fantastic. Possibly second to the B10BLE?

Cadets are alright I suppose, just don't like 8272/73. Merits are better. Wink

Bendys can clear off back to London.

The standard Mercs are brilliant, smooth on the brakes etc. I would also like to mention, I enjoyed a short ride on 5375 when it did the Lime trials.

Olympians - best deckers in service. The Volvo B7s are very good, but I think one can argue that basically anything that's seen the streets of London hasn't gone beyond 20mph in its life! lol - I think the 21 knocked 'em into shape. Smashing buses, best thing that's come up from London!

Dual Door Renowns just aren't as good as the real things. haha

Versas are alright I suppose, may be alright for the Lime.

Native Presidents are brilliant! Don't mind the odd journey on a Lowlander or ALX400. ALX300s are great, don't know what to say about the Enviro200/300s. I just know I don't like those E400s on the Sapphire. lol Smile
(04 Jan 2015, 8:19 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]All down to opinion!

I have a weird taste in buses - I get frothy at the mouth when I see a DAF (might make the pilgrimage to Middlesbrough to see one soon).

I think we can all establish the B10BLEs are smashers - can only compare to the Leyland National!

The Volvo B5HLs - awful. They go into snail mode up and down the route to Newcastle!

B9s are very good. Power to the very best, ideal for long and challenging routes.

What else is there? Vykings are nice for a short hop, Lolynes are nice if you ask me! Wink

Pulsars, Eclipses and Solars - all fantastic. Possibly second to the B10BLE?

Cadets are alright I suppose, just don't like 8272/73. Merits are better. Wink

Bendys can clear off back to London.

The standard Mercs are brilliant, smooth on the brakes etc. I would also like to mention, I enjoyed a short ride on 5375 when it did the Lime trials.

Olympians - best deckers in service. The Volvo B7s are very good, but I think one can argue that basically anything that's seen the streets of London hasn't gone beyond 20mph in its life! lol - I think the 21 knocked 'em into shape. Smashing buses, best thing that's come up from London!

Dual Door Renowns just aren't as good as the real things. haha

Versas are alright I suppose, may be alright for the Lime.

Native Presidents are brilliant! Don't mind the odd journey on a Lowlander or ALX400. ALX300s are great, don't know what to say about the Enviro200/300s. I just know I don't like those E400s on the Sapphire. lol Smile

What about Solos, Darts etc?

I don't mind Solo SRs, but the Arriva ones are generally horrible.
MPDs are canny, but other darts are horrid.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:25 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]What about Solos, Darts etc?

I don't mind Solo SRs, but the Arriva ones are generally horrible.
MPDs are canny, but other darts are horrid.

Solo SRs are alright. Darts are 'meh'. MPDs - death machines.

Arriva Solos, hmm, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt as I've only been on a handful. Wink
(04 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Solo SRs are alright. Darts are 'meh'. MPDs - death machines.

Arriva Solos, hmm, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt as I've only been on a handful. Wink

You've been on the Belmont examples - some of the worst examples in their fleet. Tongue 
(04 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You've been on the Belmont examples - some of the worst examples in their fleet. Tongue 

Tom and me saw one at Regent Centre the other day but it got away!
(04 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Solo SRs are alright. Darts are 'meh'. MPDs - death machines.

Have you been on Transbus MPDs?
They are canny motors.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Have you been on Transbus MPDs?
They are canny motors.

571 and 572. Couple of ones at Washington.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Tom and me saw one at Regent Centre the other day but it got away!

Yeah, that was a NHS one?
They are better, and they have speedy Wi-Fi.
Solo's are rather boring unless it's an older one where you can hear the whine from the Allison gearbox which gives them a bit more character. I do like the Cummins engine in the Versas, the Quaylink ones up and down the hills are great.
Pulsar's are lovely to drive, they're great all rounders, equally at home on town work as they are flying upto Durham on the X1.
Can't beat a Scania Omnicity though - they're superb buses from a drivers point of view. Would love a go of a Merc Citaro too.
I'm a fan of driving Cadets too - but they suffer from horrendous electrical issues!
(04 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah, that was a NHS one?
They are better, and they have speedy Wi-Fi.

Just a guess - but I think it was on the 44? Not too sure.

brilliant little buses in my opinion.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:31 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Just a guess - but I think it was on the 44? Not too sure.

46 - The ALX400 in front was on the 44.

(04 Jan 2015, 8:32 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]brilliant little buses in my opinion.

Agreed Smile
(04 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Solo's are rather boring unless it's an older one where you can hear the whine from the Allison gearbox which gives them a bit more character. I do like the Cummins engine in the Versas, the Quaylink ones up and down the hills are great.
Pulsar's are lovely to drive, they're great all rounders, equally at home on town work as they are flying upto Durham on the X1.
Can't beat a Scania Omnicity though - they're superb buses from a drivers point of view. Would love a go of a Merc Citaro too.
I'm a fan of driving Cadets too - but they suffer from horrendous electrical issues!

Maybe if GNE invest in some this year, and you might bring something along from Stockton for the MetroCentre Rally (that's the depot you work at, isn't it Scott?) you might get a little go on one of you ask. lol Big Grin

At the end of the day, it's meant to be a fun day for all! Tongue
(04 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Solo's are rather boring unless it's an older one where you can hear the whine from the Allison gearbox which gives them a bit more character.

You should hear Scarlet Band's YT51 EAW go round Darlington on the 16, Christ it's loud but it gives it character.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You've been on the Belmont examples - some of the worst examples in their fleet. Tongue 

Aye, I've said it before, but for buses that are about 6 years old, you'd think they've been on the road for 15 years by the sound of them. Not to mention how shabby the interior has been allowed to get. 
(04 Jan 2015, 8:42 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Aye, I've said it before, but for buses that are about 6 years old, you'd think they've been on the road for 15 years by the sound of them. Not to mention how shabby the interior has been allowed to get. 

Every time I get on one of Belmont's examples is there is always a bong type of noise every few seconds which sounds like the bell.

Darlington's will probably get less battered now Omnicity's are used on the X26/X27.
(04 Jan 2015, 8:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]You should hear Scarlet Band's YT51 EAW go round Darlington on the 16, Christ it's loud but it gives it character.

one of my friends has driven this bus her and a partner have both driven it
(04 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Solo's are rather boring unless it's an older one where you can hear the whine from the Allison gearbox which gives them a bit more character. I do like the Cummins engine in the Versas, the Quaylink ones up and down the hills are great.

They are not everyones cup of tea, but they are my favourite to drive..... so smooth, but the halt brake is a bit of a faff!