North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 Dec 2014, 4:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, surprised as i thought they might of gone ahead with only having it do... Castletown to Seaburn. 

Guess someone managed to convince Go North East that there was still a demand for the 99 for the Castletown - Silksworth section of the 99 route! No doubt on another six month probation period (similar to X3 and 27X as recent examples) for it to prove itself, and if things don't improve...

Beginning as an experimental service, service 99 aimed to provide a new bus link from Silksworth to Seaburn, via the Royal Hospital and Castletown. Unfortunately whilst passenger numbers grew initially numbers have remained low except for a few busy journeys and as such the service is just not sustainable to operate in the longer term. Passengers can use service 2 from Silksworth to travel to the Royal Hospital, or to connect to other services at Park Lane Interchange to Castletown.

UPDATED: Prudhoe diversion and shuttle bus

http://www.simplygo.com/service-disrupti...-november/
A reminder that GNE start to run the 706/707 from tomorrow, timetable below:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/66764.1
Does anyone reckon Deptford Based Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns 4842/4905/4914/4924 and 4925 will Transfer to Riverside in exchange for Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipses 4978 to 4982, joining 4945/46 and one of the Cats Fast Solars (5209?) on the Prince Bishops 20/20A to make up the PVR.
(04 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Does anyone reckon Deptford Based Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns 4842/4905/4914/4924 and 4925 will Transfer to Riverside in exchange for Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipses 4978 to 4982, joining 4945/46 and one of the Cats Fast Solars (5209?) on the Prince Bishops 20/20A to make up the PVR.

No
(04 Jan 2015, 4:33 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]No

Crikey citaro5284 that was bloody quick response. 
(04 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Does anyone reckon Deptford Based Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns 4842/4905/4914/4924 and 4925 will Transfer to Riverside in exchange for Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipses 4978 to 4982, joining 4945/46 and one of the Cats Fast Solars (5209?) on the Prince Bishops 20/20A to make up the PVR.

(04 Jan 2015, 4:34 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Crikey citaro5284 that was bloody quick response. 

Based on what I said in this post, it would make no sense for that to happen...
I reckon the Prince Bishops will just be made up of Solars.
The 12 Prince Bishops, 6 Lasers, and 4934/4935 from Chester-le-Street.
(04 Jan 2015, 4:41 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I reckon the Prince Bishops will just be made up of Solars.

I understand that two buses will be leaving Chester-le-Street due to the associated changes with the 71 service, but why would 4934/35 be the buses to leave when they are not allocated to service 71? One of them is required for a scholars service. I'd have guessed it would make the most sense for the two DAF SB120s to transfer back to Deptford...

Let's not forget the PVR of the "Fast Cats" X35/X36 is reducing by one... It'd be unusual of Go North East to keep a branded spare for the service, when the majority of other services only have corporate liveried spares.
(04 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Based on what I said in this post, it would make no sense for that to happen...

But it wouldnt be a Split Allocation though would it, The Solars and B7RLES have the same Bodywork but a different Engine Type which I doubt would make much difference, Passengers are still going to be looking for a Purple Bus showing up arent they.
(04 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I understand that two buses will be leaving Chester-le-Street due to the associated changes with the 71 service, but why would 4934/35 be the buses to leave when they are not allocated to service 71? One of them is required for a scholars service. I'd have guessed it would make the most sense for the two DAF SB120s to transfer back to Deptford...

Let's not forget the PVR of the "Fast Cats" X35/X36 is reducing by one... It'd be unusual of Go North East to keep a branded spare for the service, when the majority of other services only have corporate liveried spares.

Well 8272/73 could transfer to Deptford, and replace two Solars to the Prince Bishops.

And they were only painted a month or so ago, so wouldn't it not be against GNE's ''policy'' to repaint them so soon after repaint?
Or a red coloured bus if a purple Solar is missing... :p

#sorry
#tootempting
#hashtagsonNEB
(04 Jan 2015, 4:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]But it wouldnt be a Split Allocation though would it, The Solars and B7RLES have the same Bodywork but a different Engine Type which I doubt would make much difference, Passengers are still going to be looking for a Purple Bus showing up arent they.

Totally different to be honest...Understand they look similar, but that is where it ends.
(04 Jan 2015, 4:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]But it wouldnt be a Split Allocation though would it, The Solars and B7RLES have the same Bodywork but a different Engine Type which I doubt would make much difference, Passengers are still going to be looking for a Purple Bus showing up arent they.

Yes it would... The Volvo B7RLE and Scania L94 are completely different vehicles!

If you were wanting to work out the costs of running a service, would you want two different vehicle types allocated? Would it not be far more easier to just use 20 Scania L94s instead of adding the Volvo B7RLEs into the mix - they are completely different vehicles underneath?

(04 Jan 2015, 4:49 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Well 8272/73 could transfer to Deptford, and replace two Solars to the Prince Bishops.

And they were only painted a month or so ago, so wouldn't it not be against GNE's ''policy'' to repaint them so soon after repaint?

You were happy for the Laser examples to be repainted again! Tongue 
(04 Jan 2015, 4:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You were happy for the Laser examples to be repainted again! Tongue 

Whoops! Forgot about them!
Don't see the problem with one of the Fast Cats examples being repainted then - but I still think that it should have branded spare, with it having a big PVR. I also think that the 20/20A should have a branded spare too, with it also having a big PVR.
(04 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Whoops! Forgot about them!
Don't see the problem with one of the Fast Cats examples being repainted then - but I still think that it should have branded spare, with it having a big PVR. I also think that the 20/20A should have a branded spare too, with it also having a big PVR.

I agree, but disagree too, and I've shared my thoughts on branded spare vehicles in the past when it has been discussed.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what we think though, as Go North East's preferred option is having corporate liveried spares of the same vehicle type. Certainly think those who allocate buses at depots will prefer having corporate liveried spares - not so much pressure to get a replacement organised if it has to go out on a service which it shouldn't be allocated to! Most customers won't think anything of it when corporate liveried spares turn up in place of a branded vehicle - in the event that it's of the same specification as the normal allocation would be. 
I don't like 8272 or 8273. If they get transferred, good riddens!
(04 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I don't like 8272 or 8273. If they get transferred, good riddens!

I'm not a big fan of Cadets, but the Deptford/Chester ones are a lot better than the ones at Riverside!
(04 Jan 2015, 4:41 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I reckon the Prince Bishops will just be made up of Solars.

I reckon 4954 will be painted out of Fast Cats - makes sense for it to be this one

As for the other Scania, I think it will be a current Deptford based vehicle.

These are just my thoughts thou - I have not seen the paint plan  Tongue
(04 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I reckon 4954 will be painted out of Fast Cats - makes sense for it to be this one

As for the other Scania, I think it will be a current Deptford based vehicle.

These are just my thoughts thou - I have not seen the paint plan  Tongue

(sniffs twice)...I smell something funny...