North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A reminder that changes are due on Sunday for Sunderland, Washington and South Tyneside.
I'm sorry to say this but I can defintely see a new order for the X1 to allow the older B9's to upgrade other services or allow PVR increase or accomodate recently enhanced PVR's.
(30 Oct 2014, 2:01 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]I'm sorry to say this but I can defintely see a new order for the X1 to allow the older B9's to upgrade other services or allow PVR increase or accomodate recently enhanced PVR's.

You've said this on many occasions, and I think you've justified your reasons enough behind thinking this.

Whilst I actually agree with it being a decent idea, I honestly don't think you need to repeat it over and over again. I don't think it'll happen, as much as I would like it to...
Well I know that Dan but it would be a massive help if they did.
(30 Oct 2014, 2:23 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Well I know that Dan but it would be a massive help if they did.

Yes like you've said loads of times! 
PB0002400/282 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Metrocentre, Interchange given service number X22/937 effective from 03-Nov-2014. To amend Route.

PB0003954/559 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hexham Bus Station and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 10/10A/10B/11A effective from 03-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

13. PB0003954/621 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: HEBBURN , STATION ROAD
Finish Point: SOUTH SHEILDS, KEPPEL STREET
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 30-NOV-2014
Other Details: To operate on 30th November 2014 only
(30 Oct 2014, 5:10 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/282 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Metrocentre, Interchange given service number X22/937 effective from 03-Nov-2014. To amend Route.

PB0003954/559 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hexham Bus Station and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 10/10A/10B/11A effective from 03-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

13. PB0003954/621 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Starting Point: HEBBURN , STATION ROAD
Finish Point: SOUTH SHEILDS, KEPPEL STREET
Via:
Effective Date: 30-NOV-2014
Other Details: To operate on 30th November 2014 only

Wonder what the changes to the TEN are?
(30 Oct 2014, 5:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder what the changes to the TEN are?

Prudhoe diversions, no doubt.
I picked up the new timetables for service 8 and 78. The picture of the bus on the 8 timetable has the number 8 on the side and the 78 timetable has 78 on the side plus the route. To me Thepicture of the bus looks different unless I'm blind lol.
(31 Oct 2014, 12:15 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I picked up the new timetables for service 8 and 78. The picture of the bus on the 8 timetable has the number 8 on the side and the 78 timetable has 78 on the side plus the route. To me Thepicture of the bus looks different unless I'm blind lol.

The ones online are the same.. i haven't picked up the paper timetables yet 
(31 Oct 2014, 3:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]5S shuttle timetable has being uploaded - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...031114.pdf

Not sure who was running it... move to the appropriate place please!

CCT in the link would suggest Compass CT
(31 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]CCT in the link would suggest Compass CT

Didn't even check the link... Ill delete and move it 
Changes in place on some routes;
Timetable changes on Connections4, Lime 78/78A, Red Arrows X1 & South Tyne 88.
Services M2/M3 become 82/83
Services W5/W6 become 85/86

From tomorrow;
Connection4 Hourly evening service to Shiney Row, Bournmoor, FenceHouses & Houghton.
Lime 8 will run revised route via Enterprise Park & Hylton Riverside Retail Park.
Lime 8/8A timetable changes.
(02 Nov 2014, 9:59 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Changes in place on some routes;
Timetable changes on Connections4, Lime 78/78A, Red Arrows X1 & South Tyne 88.
Services M2/M3 become 82/83
Services W5/W6 become 85/86

From tomorrow;
Connection4 Hourly evening service to Shiney Row, Bournmoor, FenceHouses & Houghton.
Lime 8 will run revised route via Enterprise Park & Hylton Riverside Retail Park.
Lime 8/8A timetable changes.

Still gutted i can't use the 8 to the Gall's on a morning from the Grindon Mill... only used it before it was faster... (at around 8am) 

However... i might try and catch it on the way back..... 
The FPF welcome the new night time links that the 4 will bring, but hope the company will reassess the lack of a late bus, which would accommodate night time revellers coming from the Heworth/Newcastle direction.

The last X1, doesn't connect with the last 79a and means a 10.30 finish to night time activities, if in Newcastle.
Of course, it is possible to use the last X1 and organise a taxi to meet it at the Galleries or get a 21/n21 and jump in a taxi in Chester le Street to complete the journey.
To do that, means you need to be compos mentis - which is a lot to ask during the festive season.

*statement ends
(02 Nov 2014, 10:12 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The FPF welcome the new night time links that the 4 will bring, but hope the company will reassess the lack of a late bus, which would accommodate night time revellers coming from the Heworth/Newcastle direction.

The last X1, doesn't connect with the last 79a and means a 10.30 finish to night time activities, if in Newcastle.
Of course, it is possible to use the last X1 and organise a taxi to meet it at the Galleries or get a 21/n21 and jump in a taxi in Chester le Street to complete the journey.
To do that, means you need to be compos mentis - which is a lot to ask during the festive season.

*statement ends

Hopefully it's used, they may even increase it to half hourly.

Undecided, would be better if they connected, nothing worse when you have to go early to connect to a different service! 
(02 Nov 2014, 10:12 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The FPF welcome the new night time links that the 4 will bring, but hope the company will reassess the lack of a late bus, which would accommodate night time revellers coming from the Heworth/Newcastle direction.

*statement ends

Maybe drop a line to nexus and suggest the 79a meets with the x1.
I have thought about it in the past, but it would mean a total rejig of the 79/79a timetable (79a is an extension of the 79).

Due to the timings/route of the 79a - it comes at something like 2130, 2235 and 2340.

The X1 gets in to Houghton at 2145, 2215, 2245, 2315 and on a Saturday, 2345.

If the 4, which arrives into Houghton just after 11, was to head back out on a run (even as far as Fatfield), it could easily pick up passengers from the 2230 ex Eldon Square X1.
A full run of the 4 at 2308 from Heworth , would offer an alternative to the 56 and the Saturday only 2300 X1 ex Eldon Square. It would arrive in Houghton at 2345 before scooting off NIS.
PB0003954/622 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Starting Point: Heworth Interchange
Finish Point: South Hylton Metro
Via:
Effective Date: 23-NOV-2014
Other Details: To operate on 23rd November 2014