North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Cheers.

(01 Feb 2015, 2:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've heard stories of people getting on with Key Cards and merely showing them to the driver, stating they have a valid ticket for the 82/83 services loaded on it. Drivers apparently just tell them to sit down!
Well if a GNE Driver can get on for nothing as was the case last night as documented by myself, then anyone with a Valid GNE Ticket can get on also which will likely be the vast majoroity, if not then I would expect to see a load of complaints by Passengers using the evening service to GNE/Arriva, and Nexus then passing the Service back over to GNE, as someone who uses the evening service provided by Arriva quite frequently, I have had zero issues in the last 2 Years or so that Arriva have operated the Evening Service.
(01 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Well if a GNE Driver can get on for nothing as was the case last night as documented by myself, then anyone with a Valid GNE Ticket can get on also which will likely be the vast majoroity, if not then I would expect to see a load of complaints by Passengers using the evening service to GNE/Arriva, and Nexus then passing the Service back over to GNE, as someone who uses the evening service provided by Arriva quite frequently, I have had zero issues in the last 2 Years or so that Arriva have operated the Evening Service.

You do realise that all staff employed by Arriva North East, Go North East and Stagecoach North East can get on each other's buses for free and also use the Tyne & Wear Metro and Ferry for free, too?

A bus driver who works at Arriva North East's Whitby Depot can get the X93 to Middlesbrough, X7 to Sunderland, Metro to Newcastle Central, Stagecoach 100 to Metrocentre and back, and also the X15 to Berwick upon Tweed - completely free...

Go North East staff - if they so wished - could even get the train to Brighton and get on all of the Brighton & Hove buses for free too!
(01 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You do realise that all staff employed by Arriva North East, Go North East and Stagecoach North East can get on each other's buses for free and also use the Tyne & Wear Metro and Ferry for free, too?

A bus driver who works at Arriva North East's Whitby Depot can get the X93 to Middlesbrough, X7 to Sunderland, Metro to Newcastle Central, Stagecoach 100 to Metrocentre and back, and also the X15 to Berwick upon Tweed - completely free...

Go North East staff - if they so wished - could even get the train to Brighton and get on all of those buses for free too!

err...well he didn't, but does now Tongue
(05 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Cheers.

(01 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You do realise that all staff employed by Arriva North East, Go North East and Stagecoach North East can get on each other's buses for free and also use the Tyne & Wear Metro and Ferry for free, too?
Learn something new everyday, I knew they could use the Metro but other than that I thought you could only the Buses for free for the Company in which you work for, but nevertheless all GNE Tickets are accepted on the Arriva Evening Service 82, think someone needs to inform GNE Customer Services of this.
(01 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go North East staff - if they so wished - could even get the train to Brighton and get on all of the Brighton & Hove buses for free too!

X3 -Newcastle Pilgrim St - Gateshead - Sunderland - Dalton Park - Brighton

That would keep the majority of this forum very happy!
(01 Feb 2015, 3:19 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]X3 -Newcastle Pilgrim St - Gateshead - Sunderland - Dalton Park - Brighton

That would keep the majority of this forum very happy!

I assume the Enviro 400 wouldn't have enough "ooomph", and it would be a crime not to operate it with Palatine 2s! Also, I dread to wonder how many times that would have to be split to avoid the use of a tacho? Tongue
(01 Feb 2015, 3:19 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Learn something new everyday, I knew they could use the Metro but other than that I thought you could only the Buses for free for the Company in which you work for, but nevertheless all GNE Tickets are accepted on the Arriva Evening Service 82, think someone needs to inform GNE Customer Services of this.

It's one of the massive perks of being employed by a bus company. The employee's spouse would usually get a pass which entitles them to the same benefits; however, the employee's children only usually get a pass which entitles them to free travel on the bus who their parent is employed by (this is called a 'Privilege Pass' for Stagecoach).

The rules vary depending on which company you work for. Whilst Go North East employees can use their pass on all Go-Ahead bus operators (outside of London), I think Stagecoach are a bit stricter. I think I was once told that North East / Cumbria & North Lancs employees can use one another's services for free, but that's it. Tends to stay in the division otherwise.

(01 Feb 2015, 3:28 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]I assume the Enviro 400 wouldn't have enough "ooomph", and it would be a crime not to operate it with Palatine 2s! Also, I dread to wonder how many times that would have to be split to avoid the use of a tacho? Tongue

..and remember - we can't have these Palatine 2s fitted with Urban 90 seating, e-leather seating, real 'slippy' leather, or anything like that! Tongue 
A reminder that the 68 has also changes tomorrow:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/68913.78 

Go North East staff - if they so wished - could even get the train to Brighton and get on all of the Brighton & Hove buses for free too!

I remember Scarlet Band also used to let Arriva drivers travel to Faverdale depot back when they used to run the 16/19 past there.
(01 Feb 2015, 3:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]..and remember - we can't have these Palatine 2s fitted with Urban 90 seating, e-leather seating, real 'slippy' leather, or anything like that! Tongue 

I wouldn't have suggested anything of the sort! Tongue
(01 Feb 2015, 3:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]..and remember - we can't have these Palatine 2s fitted with Urban 90 seating, e-leather seating, real 'slippy' leather, or anything like that! Tongue 

Don't forget the seats in the Tesma Avenue's!

Also they must be a wide amount of leg room between seats so no-one has to experience great pain in their knees from a lack of space.
(01 Feb 2015, 3:39 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Don't forget the seats in the Tesma Avenue's!

Also they must be a wide amount of leg room between seats so no-one has to experience great pain in their knees from a lack of space.

God forbid!
Does this service operate non-stop between Dalton Park and Brighton?
(01 Feb 2015, 3:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's one of the massive perks of being employed by a bus company. The employee's spouse would usually get a pass which entitles them to the same benefits; however, the employee's children only usually get a pass which entitles them to free travel on the bus who their parent is employed by (this is called a 'Privilege Pass' for Stagecoach).

The rules vary depending on which company you work for. Whilst Go North East employees can use their pass on all Go-Ahead bus operators (outside of London), I think Stagecoach are a bit stricter. I think I was once told that North East / Cumbria & North Lancs employees can use one another's services for free, but that's it. Tends to stay in the division otherwise.

..and remember - we can't have these Palatine 2s fitted with Urban 90 seating, e-leather seating, real 'slippy' leather, or anything like that! Tongue 

No Dan, Stagecoach employees can use their pass on all Stagecoach divisions (bar London) - plus any relevant agreements in their respective areas, eg North East would be Arriva North East and Go North East officially (and Nexus ops like Metro, Ferry). Of course you can normally use your pass on operators with a relevant agreement in other areas but this is not strictly allowed under the terms. You'll generally find all of the big 4 accept each others passes (including First in this).
(01 Feb 2015, 3:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]No Dan, Stagecoach employees can use their pass on all Stagecoach divisions (bar London) - plus any relevant agreements in their respective areas, eg North East would be Arriva North East and Go North East officially (and Nexus ops like Metro, Ferry). Of course you can normally use your pass on operators with a relevant agreement in other areas but this is not strictly allowed under the terms. You'll generally find all of the big 4 accept each others passes (including First in this).

Was certainly one of the big operators where staff passes were divisional only (at least at few years ago this was true). Believe it was said that employees aren't supposed to use them in other divisions but many drivers just accept them anyway. My memory mightn't be serving me as well as it should be, though, and I could be thinking of an Arriva pass being used in an area where there's an agreement with First (or something similar).
(01 Feb 2015, 3:56 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Was certainly one of the big operators where staff passes were divisional only (at least at few years ago this was true). Believe it was said that employees aren't supposed to use them in other divisions but many drivers just accept them anyway. My memory mightn't be serving me as well as it should be, though, and I could be thinking of an Arriva pass being used in an area where there's an agreement with First (or something similar).

Yes for example last year I visited Arriva Shires for 4 days and travelled around down there using not just Arriva but also Stagecoach (including the X5 which has just got new Elites!) and Uno. I stayed in Luton and using the GreenLine service into London for nothing was superb value! lol
(01 Feb 2015, 3:41 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Does this service operate non-stop between Dalton Park and Brighton?

I imagine it would have to serve Fence Houses first! Tongue
(01 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]I imagine it would have to serve Fence Houses first! Tongue

Nee good to me then. Loses all the appeal of an 'express' service if it does a tour of the pit villages first. I wonder in which coloured Buzzfare zone is Brighton located? Still, a three-zone+ Buzzfare should cover it!
(01 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]I imagine it would have to serve Fence Houses first! Tongue

You missed out Formica and Willington Square too. Can't have Davey Bowyer missing out!
On VOSA today:

PB0003954/304 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Blyth Bus Station and Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station given service number 307/309/310/X39 effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/307 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, Market Street and Newcastle, Market Street given service number 97/98/98A effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/352 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Heworth, Metro and Hadrian Park, Addington Drive given service number 58/58X effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/357 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Wallsend, Metro and Wallsend, Metro given service number 40/41 effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/472 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between North Shields, Bedford Street and Wallsend METRO given service number 80 effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/538 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Ashington Bus Station and North Shields, Town Centre given service number 19 effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/561 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between GREAT PARK VILLAGE and NEWCASTLE CITY CENTRE given service number X40/40A effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/627 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: DURHAM BUS STATION
Finish Point: BEAMISH MUSEUM
Via:
Service Number: 128
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 28-MAR-2015
Other Details: SATURDAY ONLY 28 MARCH TO 31ST OCTOBER 2015

PB0002400/260 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Chester - Le - Street South Burns and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Concourse given service number 28,28A/28B effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.