North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Mar 2016, 4:01 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/367 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Sqaure given service number 45/45E/46/47 effective from 17-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

45E?
(10 Mar 2016, 4:01 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/367 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Sqaure given service number 45/45E/46/47 effective from 17-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

So just about confirms the 47s extension to Consett. I knew it would happen.
(10 Mar 2016, 4:43 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]So just about confirms the 47s extension to Consett.   I knew it would happen.

Nah it doesn't....It just means all the Red Kites are on the same registration.
(10 Mar 2016, 4:43 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]So just about confirms the 47s extension to Consett.   I knew it would happen.

Where will the extra deckers for the extension come from?
(10 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Nah it doesn't....It just means all the Red Kites are on the same registration.

Ah right, My bad.
(10 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Where will the extra deckers for the extension come from?

Would presume it would have to be a Wifi enabled Omnidekka to maintain a similar comparison to a Dealer stock B9.
But that would blow the route brand out of the window.

Anyways I was wrong, its not going to be extended to Consett by the sound of things.
UPDATED: Closure of High Level Bridge and Wellington Street in Gateshead

Date: 10 Mar 2016

UPDATE: The final closures for the Wellington Street scheme will take place overnight from Tuesday 29 until Friday 1 April each night between 10pm and 6am. Southbound buses from Bigg Market will divert via Mosley Street, Swan House roundabout, Tyne Bridge and Hills Street during this closure. Service X66 will divert via Askew Road and Prince Consort Road towards Gateshead Interchange.
(10 Mar 2016, 4:56 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Would presume it would have to be a Wifi enabled Omnidekka to maintain a similar comparison to a Dealer stock B9.
But that would blow the route brand out of the window.

Anyways I was wrong, its not going to be extended to Consett by the sound of things.
My question is that if GNE use Stanley depot to improve reliability on the 47 by interworking it with the 45/46, how would the stock pan out? I don't think GNE would want to use a mixed saloon allocation though unless the 47 became single deck (meaning Streetlites needing to be sourced) but with the advantage that a more reliable service would solve capacity issues.
(12 Mar 2016, 9:26 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]My question is that if GNE use Stanley depot to improve reliability on the 47 by interworking it with the 45/46, how would the stock pan out? I don't think GNE would want to use a mixed saloon allocation though unless the 47 became single deck (meaning Streetlites needing to be sourced) but with the advantage that a more reliable service would solve capacity issues.

Unless the B9s were fitted with the features, i don't see how they could interwork services 45/46 and 47 given that the B9s do not have NSAs and Plug Sockets. Ruins their marketing for the services completely.
(12 Mar 2016, 9:26 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]My question is that if GNE use Stanley depot to improve reliability on the 47 by interworking it with the 45/46, how would the stock pan out? I don't think GNE would want to use a mixed saloon allocation though unless the 47 became single deck (meaning Streetlites needing to be sourced) but with the advantage that a more reliable service would solve capacity issues.

Wasn't it said before that they won't interwork because the 47 doesn't have plugs etc?
(12 Mar 2016, 9:45 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wasn't it said before that they won't interwork because the 47 doesn't have plugs etc?
I understand that the 47 won't interwork now due to the lack of extras that the 45/46 Streetlites include. However, if they did decide to interwork them further down the line, then what could GNE do to either?

- Avoid mixed saloon allocations
- Avoid diluting the brand

Only viable option unless the 45/46 benefited from substantial growth, would be to order 4x more Streetlites to the same specification meaning a capacity reduction on the 47, in turn of a better and more reliable service thus reducing the need for deckers. Then the 4x deckers currently used for the 47 would simply end up being transferred to Chester Le Street to replace the 2x B7s allocated to the Angel (unless the frequency drops on that service to every 10 minutes but I don't think it will) with the other 2x acting as corporate spares for the Angel.

Can't make any solid judgements yet though as they won't be interworked anytime soon (well the 47 for that matter).
Watch this space...

Drivers at Stanley are now undergoing route learning on service 47, suggesting that all of the Red Kite services will indeed interwork.

I can't imagine the Volvo B9s will gain three-pin power sockets but the USB sockets and Next Stop Announcements may be a good shout.
(13 Mar 2016, 7:03 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Watch this space...

Drivers at Stanley are now undergoing route learning on service 47, suggesting that all of the Red Kite services will indeed interwork.

I can't imagine the Volvo B9s will gain three-pin power sockets but the USB sockets and Next Stop Announcements may be a good shout.
Does it? Just because they're learning it doesn't imply they will.
(13 Mar 2016, 9:11 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Does it? Just because they're learning it doesn't imply they will.

Read between the lines DanP
(13 Mar 2016, 7:03 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Watch this space...

But do the 45 / 46 actually require deckers though? Although the 47 requires deckers at the moment due to buses often carrying 2x loads of passengers due to the reliability of the service, the 47 bar 1x or 2x journeys should be able to cope with single deckers. Surely it would be better to get another 4x Streetlites on order and send the 4x Volvo B9s to Chester Le Street (2x Angel branded and 2x corporate). At most, due to the urban / stop-start nature of the 21, only some TFT / LCD screens and speakers would be required for the NSA's and the 2x corporate examples should they not be required on the Angel for any reason, could even fill in for most of the extra peak time X21's between Durham and Newcastle and vice versa thus maintaining a standard closer to the Streetdecks. 3962 / 3965 could then go another depot where needed or replace 3866 / 3867 at Percy Main.
(13 Mar 2016, 11:23 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]But do the 45 / 46 actually require deckers though? Although the 47 requires deckers at the moment due to buses often carrying 2x loads of passengers due to the reliability of the service, the 47 bar 1x or 2x journeys should be able to cope with single deckers. Surely it would be better to get another 4x Streetlites on order and send the 4x Volvo B9s to Chester Le Street (2x Angel branded and 2x corporate). At most, due to the urban / stop-start nature of the 21, only some TFT / LCD screens and speakers would be required for the NSA's and the 2x corporate examples should they not be required on the Angel for any reason, could even fill in for most of the extra peak time X21's between Durham and Newcastle and vice versa thus maintaining a standard closer to the Streetdecks. 3962 / 3965 could then go another depot where needed or replace 3866 / 3867 at Percy Main.

But sending a driver to Blackhall Mill will probably cost a lot more than sending a double decker to Consett on a 45/46 to allow driver changeovers to happen more easily. It isn't just about whether a route needs deckers.
(13 Mar 2016, 11:32 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]But sending a driver to Blackhall Mill will probably cost a lot more than sending a double decker to Consett on a 45/46 to allow driver changeovers to happen more easily. It isn't just about whether a route needs deckers.

Not if they interwork!!, consett-ncl-blachall mill-ncl-consett can be done within the current domestic driving hours. Only dead mileage i'd imagine would be am/pm to blackhall mill.
(13 Mar 2016, 11:32 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]But sending a driver to Blackhall Mill will probably cost a lot more than sending a double decker to Consett on a 45/46 to allow driver changeovers to happen more easily. It isn't just about whether a route needs deckers.

I'm not against interworking the 47 if you read between the lines. What I'm saying is that if the reliability of the 47 improves through interworking it with the 45 / 46, then bar 1x or 2x journeys which benefit from deckers (less crowded etc), then the 47 would only need single deckers. Therefore, if 4x extra Streetlites were ordered to the same specification as the others, then the 4x deckers could be put to good use at Chester Le Street and subsequently allow 3962 / 3965 to either go to another depot or allow 3866 / 3867 to be withdrawn at Percy Main.
The Red Kite Streetlites and the deckers wotk the same route - nearly - from Rowlands Gill and Eldon Sq. so what's the problem if they run through to Consett?  
It would allow the 46 to operate between Shotley Bridge and Hamsterley Mill via Medomsley and the 47 would make up the shortfall between Shotley Bridge and Hamsterley Bank Top.  In time, could replace the V9.  Extending the passenger catchment of the brand must be worthwhile!
PB0002400/593 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Wheatley Hill, Cemetry Road
Finish Point: Arnison Centre, Sainsbury's
Via:
Service Number: 59
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 03-APR-2016
Other Details: Sunday (and public holiday) only