North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Nov 2015, 1:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]But that would just make a complete mockery of route branding, what would the TEN and 47 use in place of the branded B9's. The evening and Sunday X10 route isn't really much different to the daytime route except it runs via Peterlee and Billingham in place of the X9, think it serves all the same stops that the daytime X10 route except the Northbound A19 slip road stop.

I would say it was considering it is two routes combined into one...
(23 Nov 2015, 1:33 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I spoke with a TEN driver yesterday.
He started his duty at Hexham and said that he would do a couple of 10A/10B runs before returning to Hexham.

Was this during the day, afternoon or early evening or evening?

Monday To Saturday:
- Hexham 10 = PVR 6
- Riverside 10A/10B = PVR 8

Evenings:
- Hexham / Riverside 10/10A/10B = PVR 6

Sunday Daytime:
- Hexham 10 = PVR 3
- Riverside 10A = PVR 4
- Riverside 10B = PVR 2
(23 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Was this during the day, afternoon or early evening or evening?

14:23 departure from Hexham.

I presume that the vehicle was Hexham-based (though maybe not)
The driver arrived by car and parked in the bus station.
I didn't see where the 'retiring' driver went (I didn't notice another car).
There was a B9TL parked-up (not unusual) so the driver could have used it to get to the depot.

Of course the driver that I spoke to could have swapped to a Riverside vehicle in Newcastle (he did mention the MetroCentre as one of his trips, but I overlooked this as I didn't understand how that could be).
(23 Nov 2015, 4:58 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]14:23 departure from Hexham.

I presume that the vehicle was Hexham-based (though maybe not)
The driver arrived by car and parked in the bus station.
I didn't see where the 'retiring' driver went (I didn't notice another car).
There was a B9TL parked-up (not unusual) so the driver could have used it to get to the depot.

Of course the driver that I spoke to could have swapped to a Riverside vehicle in Newcastle (he did mention the MetroCentre as one of his trips, but I overlooked this as I didn't understand how that could be).

Drivers who finish at Hexham without a bus to return to the depot, walk to the depot at Hexham.

The shift you are referring to comes off at the MetroCentre for a break, with a Riverside driver taking over.  The Hexham driver then relieves a Riverside driver, to do the 10As.
Thank-you - it's always interesting to learn how the shifts are structured - the reason why I was asking the driver how many trips he had ahead of him.
PB0003954/504 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Wrekenton High Street and Bill Quay Marian Drive given service number 68 effective from 24-Jan-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0002400/542 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between The Square, Kibblesworth and Lord Lawson School, Birtley given service number 874 effective from 29-Nov-2015.

PB0003954/603 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between WARDLEY, ELLEN WILKINSON ESTATE and TEAM VALLEY given service number 92 effective from 29-Nov-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/637 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Team Valley, Kingsway South and Wrekenton, Cardinal Hume Catholic School given service number 881 effective from 29-Nov-2015. To amend Route and
High Handenhold Roadworks from 30 November 2015

Roadworks will commence on 30 November and last for around 16 weeks, in order for a roundabout at High Handenhold to be built.

Services 28, 28A diversion (northbound) from Newbridge Bank via Stone Row, anticlockwise loop via Edenfield, Green's Bank, A693, St Paul's Terrace, Stone Row to Grange Villa then via Newfield (28B route) to Pelton.

Southbound buses: Pelton, then via Newfield (28B route), Grange Villa, Stone Row, anticlockwise loop via Edenfield, Green's Bank, A693, St Paul's Terrace, Stone Row, Newbridge Bank.
Service 78A westbound from Pelton Lane, Grange Villa, Stone Row, St Paul's Terrace, and normal route. Eastbound diversion as westbound reversed.

A shuttle bus will be provided by DCC to cover the unserved sections or links.
Scholars Service 889 run from Ouston to Pelton, turning at Pelton Roseberry School Bus Park, before running back along West Pelton Front Street and on to Chester le Street North Lodge.
(27 Nov 2015, 5:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]High Handenhold Roadworks from 30 November 2015

Roadworks will commence on 30 November and last for around 16 weeks, in order for a roundabout at High Handenhold to be built.

Services 28, 28A diversion (northbound) from Newbridge Bank via Stone Row, anticlockwise loop via  Edenfield, Green's Bank, A693, St Paul's Terrace, Stone Row to Grange Villa then via Newfield (28B route) to Pelton.

Southbound buses: Pelton, then via Newfield (28B route), Grange Villa, Stone Row, anticlockwise loop via  Edenfield, Green's Bank, A693, St Paul's Terrace, Stone Row, Newbridge Bank.
Service 78A westbound from Pelton Lane, Grange Villa, Stone Row, St Paul's Terrace, and normal route. Eastbound diversion as westbound reversed.

A shuttle bus will be provided by DCC to cover the unserved sections or links.
Scholars Service 889 run from Ouston to Pelton, turning at Pelton Roseberry School Bus Park, before running back along West Pelton Front Street and on to Chester le Street North Lodge.

I saw the sign for ths the other week and was going to report it but i forgot to. Mind, it wont make it much easier for the buses, it is the junction just north that needs something doing to it (i know it wont have buses in mind).
(27 Nov 2015, 5:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I saw the sign for ths the other week and was going to report it but i forgot to. Mind, it wont make it much easier for the buses, it is the junction just north that needs something doing to it (i know it wont have buses in mind).

Someone beat you to it a few weeks ago Angel

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1639&pid=138501&highlight=pelton#pid138501
(27 Nov 2015, 3:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/542 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between The Square, Kibblesworth and Lord Lawson School, Birtley given service number 874 effective from 29-Nov-2015.

This is currently a Washington operated run. It's supposed to be being replaced by a different 874 route and a new 872 route. Operators are unknown to me.
Has anyone got any photos of the Sunderland diversions today?
(29 Nov 2015, 1:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Has anyone got any photos of the Sunderland diversions today?

What were the diversions again?
(29 Nov 2015, 1:56 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What were the diversions again?

Durham Road closed with SNE 3/4/23 and GNE 20 diverted via Premier Road and Silksworth Lane.
A reminder that the Tynedale Links and Venture 689 change tomorrow.

(29 Nov 2015, 2:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Durham Road closed with SNE 3/4/23 and GNE 20 diverted via Premier Road and Silksworth Lane.

Ah right, that would give some decent photos.
(29 Nov 2015, 2:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ah right, that would give some decent photos.

The low winter sun made it quite an arduous task, but I managed to get one or two shots in the shade on Silksworth Lane. I'll try and upload these later.

If I remember rightly, the last time I took photos of this diversion, there was a dusting of snow on the grass near the Premier Road/Silksworth Lane roundabout.
(29 Nov 2015, 2:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]A reminder that the Tynedale Links and Venture 689 change tomorrow.

Ah right, that would give some decent photos.

The potential was definitely there to get some.
Not often a 20 goes along Premier Road.
(29 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The potential was definitely there to get some.
Not often a 20 goes along Premier Road.

Like I say, it was quite hard to get photos, but...

[Image: 23401940205_fe37b7fde1.jpg]Go North East: 5215 / NK54NVL by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 23293471112_45172f3e5f.jpg]Stagecoach North East: 28013 / YN63BXL by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 23106169970_b1ec7b63ca.jpg]Stagecoach North East: 28032 / YR14CFM by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(29 Nov 2015, 6:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Like I say, it was quite hard to get photos, but...

[Image: 23401940205_fe37b7fde1.jpg]Go North East: 5215 / NK54NVL by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 23293471112_45172f3e5f.jpg]Stagecoach North East: 28013 / YN63BXL by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 23106169970_b1ec7b63ca.jpg]Stagecoach North East: 28032 / YR14CFM by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Still quite good photos though Dan.