North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Mar 2015, 10:21 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]I don't think its a mistake...the numbers after the 'J' are the stops that service serves on this map, the rest of the table can be found below:

But the 36 doesn't go to South Shields, it goes to Town End Farm Tongue 
(15 Mar 2015, 10:21 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]I don't think its a mistake...the numbers after the 'J' are the stops that service serves on this map, the rest of the table can be found below:

...but service 36 terminates at Town End Farm - not South Shields!
(15 Mar 2015, 10:22 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]But the 36 doesn't go to South Shields, it goes to Town End Farm Tongue 

Didn't really pick up on that part and tbh, i wouldn't have picked up on it if i was reading the leaflet myself.
[attachment=6429]
(15 Mar 2015, 9:52 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Update on Chester-le-Street Front Street - FULL closure - from 16 March

http://www.simplygo.com/news/chester-le-...16th-march

Also noticed a mistake on the PDF...

Departure Stand & Bus Stops in Chester-le-Street 

36 South Shields J 5, 7, 9, 10, 23, 27, 28 

Went for the Chester le Street free shuttle this morning and missed it as I was expecting a bus with a destination display showing free shuttle. After a long wait I realised that a Renault Van from Prestige Taxis of Washington had passed me that turned out to be the shuttle.
Not good for the OAP that had to manage the step in to the van with here shopping trolley also they are not following the timetable with the van sitting in Cone Terrace for longer than required.
(16 Mar 2015, 11:52 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Went for the Chester le Street free shuttle this morning and missed it as I was expecting a bus with a destination display showing free shuttle. After a long wait a realised that a Renault Van for Prestige Taxis of Washington had passed me that turned out to be the shuttle.
Not good for the OAP that had to manage the step in to the van with here shopping trolley also they are not following the timetable with the van sitting in Cone Terrace for longer than required.

Not surprised you missed it looking at that photo, I can barely see that free shuttle sign in the window pretty much hidden behind the tax disc. How are the elderly and disabled meant to get in that?

Should have gotten Scarlet Band or someone like that using a proper bus for this shuttle although that would cost more money to run.
The idea of northbound services not using Durham Road is daft; why can't they follow the southbound diversion route or use Durham Road then cut through to A167. It's an unnecessary inconvenience and waste of money paying for a pretty useless shuttle.
I suppose it's better than connect used to use pretty much a car on the 23
Update on my earlier post about the Chester le Street shuttle there has been an improvement this afternoon they now have a nice bright yellow and black sign in the window of the van that is clearly visible saying free shuttle. They are also now running to the correct timetable but I still think a low floor Solo or similar should have been used.
I agree with Greg in Weardale in saying that not using Durham Road is an unnecessary inconvenience. Having to get off the North bound 21 at Chester Moor and wait for a shuttle seems silly when the 21 could serve the stops on Durham Road then turn right into Ropery Lane using the first bus stop for passengers requiring the south end of the Front Street.
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but the past few days when I've spotted the Chester-le-Street shuttle, it's been a dark grey coloured minibus. Looked almost like a Nexus-branded vehicle at first. For reference tomorrow, what is actually being used on it (never caught the reg or noted the actual vehicle type - didn't appear to be the vehicle above by GuyParkRoyal), just so I know what to look out for?

Been busy during the daytime for the majority of this week, so I've not been able to dedicate much time to hunting it down.
(20 Mar 2015, 4:54 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but the past few days when I've spotted the Chester-le-Street shuttle, it's been a dark grey coloured minibus. Looked almost like a Nexus-branded vehicle at first. For reference tomorrow, what is actually being used on it (never caught the reg or noted the actual vehicle type - didn't appear to be the vehicle above by GuyParkRoyal), just so I know what to look out for?

Been busy during the daytime for the majority of this week, so I've not been able to dedicate much time to hunting it down.

I assume its this: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=175&pid=94166#pid94166
https://flic.kr/p/p2LQ4h (may not be the exact vehicle but similar)
(20 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]I assume its this: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=175&pid=94166#pid94166

That explains everything, thanks Robert!  Smile

Thought it was odd that I'd seen a Nexus-liveried vehicle, etc.
Couple of bus stop changes

Alteration to bus stops in South Shields - 24th March - http://www.simplygo.com/news/alteration-...24th-march

Stockton High Street Bus Stand Alterations - 29th March - http://www.simplygo.com/news/stockton-hi...29th-march
These look like they're for Front Street reopening in Chester-le-Street?

Although the 82/82A/83A don't go to Chester-le-Street........and is on twice...

PB0002400/257 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and South Shields Market given service number 50/50A effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/282 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Metrocentre, Interchange given service number X22/937 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
PB0002400/411 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Langley Park, Stringer Terrace and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X25 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/420 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birtley Town Centre and Heworth metro given service number 82/82A/83A effective from 10-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/420 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Birtley Town Centre and Heworth metro given service number 82/82A/83A effective from 10-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/455 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Chester-Le-Street Waldridge park and Chester-Le-Street Waldridge park given service number 34,34A effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/457 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 21,N21 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/458 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X21 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/504 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between RICKLETON and CHESTER-LE-STREET,PARK VIEW NORTH LODGE SCHOOL given service number 884/885/886/887/888 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/554 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LOW MOORSLEY, FRONT STREET/CHESTER- LE- STREET and TOWN END FARM/BOLDON ASDA/HEWORTH INTERCHANGE given service number 35/35A/36 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/386 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 78/78A/X78 effective from 16-Mar-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
(24 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]These look like they're for Front Street reopening in Chester-le-Street?

Although the 82/82A/83A don't go to Chester-le-Street........and is on twice...

Service 83A runs once a day on a morning, and does go to Chester-le-Street, but the variation date is in May and not March like the other Chester-le-Street ones.
(24 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Service 83A runs once a day on a morning, and does go to Chester-le-Street, but the variation date is in May and not March like the other Chester-le-Street ones.

Oh right i thought none of them went there now....

Haha i thought they were all May changes!.

So any idea on what the 82/82A/83A changes then?
Folks, do you know from next Monday, according to the Monday to Friday timetable, there is a 309 leaving B/H Drive at 16:05 arriving into Newcastle at 16:32 and also an X39 leaving the Village at 16:05 and arriving into Newcastle at 16:32. Can one of you confirm that none of these are a result of any docked 309's or 310's as I've had a look at the timetable and it doesn't look like there's been any docked to supply these two journeys. I know that one of them will leave Newcastle at 16:40 as service 309 and one at 16:45 as service 307.

So I take it that the 309 (presumably in case of any bottlenecks at Cobalt Park), will be worked by one of the Red or any spare B9TLs and leave Newcastle at 16:40 with the X39 being worked by a Lolyne, President or Vyking and leaving Newcastle at 16:45 as service 307.
Theres some bus changes on VOSA today for GNE.

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfser...ch_new.asp
(02 Apr 2015, 11:19 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Theres some bus changes on VOSA today for GNE.

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfser...ch_new.asp

Would these be them cbma06.

1. PB0002400/405 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Doxford, International, Admiral Way and Pennywell, Prestbury Road given service number 39/RM2 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
    PB0002400/419 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Houton Le Spring the Broadway and Heworth Metro given service number 4 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Birtley Town Centre and Heworth metro given service number 82/82A/83A effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
    PB0002400/484 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Peterlee Bus Station given service number X7 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
    PB0002400/557 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between CONCORD BUS STATION and WASHINGTON STEPHENSON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE given service number 982 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
    PB0002400/559 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Registration Accepted
    • Starting Point: SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE
    • Finish Point: HOUGHTON-LE-SPRING
    • Via:
    • Service Number: 38
    • Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
    • Effective Date: 31-MAY-2015
    • Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY)
These:

PB0002400/559 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration[Image: arrow-10x10.png] Accepted
Starting Point: SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: HOUGHTON-LE-SPRING
Via:
Service Number: 38
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 31-MAY-2015
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY)

PB0002400/560 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration[Image: arrow-10x10.png] Accepted
Starting Point: Sunderland Park Lane Interchannge/Fence Houses Avenue
Finish Point: Barnwell The Limes
Via:
Service Number: 238
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 31-MAY-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday (Except public holidays) Sunday ( and public holidays)
Some more registrations.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0003954/565 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET and HEBBURN TOWN CENTRE given service number 27X effective from 31-May-2015.

Sure Bazza will be pleased about the last one