North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By my quick reckoning (not sure of it exact duration between Shields and Sunderland), the PB will see its PVR, more or less double.
(29 Dec 2014, 11:11 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]By my quick reckoning (not sure of it exact duration between Shields and Sunderland), the PB will see its PVR, more or less double.

Its a massive increase haha, some of the changes i wasn't expecting though, like the 82/82A and 83 ones.

Other than that the changes look good, now we know whats exactly happening. =)
(29 Dec 2014, 11:11 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]By my quick reckoning (not sure of it exact duration between Shields and Sunderland), the PB will see its PVR, more or less double.

The PVR of service 20 is currently 12, but will increase to 20 vehicles, with plenty of layover time at each end and recovery time built into the timetable too. The PVR could quite easily have been increased to 18 vehicles, but Go North East (as I suggested quite a few weeks ago when concerns were raised about timekeeping issues) has built in lots of time for recovery.
A 10min frequency on a 2hr round trip between Sunderland and Durham, needs 12 (6x10mins x2) plus the extension to Shields, plus the vehicles needed to maintain frequency with extended layovers.
(29 Dec 2014, 11:15 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The PVR of service 20 is currently 12, but will increase to 20 vehicles, with plenty of layover time at each end.

LMAO, bloody hell, they'll need a lot of purple paint then..... unless they get the Volvo B7RLE's from the Toonlink, although there's only 5, it means they only have to paint 3 red scania's but of course that can only happen if the Toonlink gets new buses.... 
(29 Dec 2014, 11:20 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]LMAO, bloody hell, they'll need a lot of purple paint then..... unless they get the Volvo B7RLE's from the Toonlink, although there's only 5, it means they only have to paint 3 red scania's but of course that can only happen if the Toonlink gets new buses.... 

The Toon Link won't be getting any new buses before the end of this month!
(29 Dec 2014, 11:21 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Toon Link won't be getting any new buses before the end of this month!

Maybe in the future to replace the older Prince Bishops!
(29 Dec 2014, 11:22 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Maybe in the future to replace the older Prince Bishops!

Do remember that the 'older Prince Bishops' are equipped with more modern Euro 5 technology, whereas those Toon Link examples aren't! Tongue 

The examples which will join the current Prince Bishop allocation need to be Euro 5 - so Go North East needs to determine whether it's more cost-effective to repaint the Fast Cats allocation (also Euro 5) or to pay to retrofit more Scanias with Euro 5 technology themselves... If Go North East opts for the latter, I think service X36 will be dropped from the "Fast Cats" brand. It would seem that the X35/X36 services will no longer interwork, anyway.
If the Fab 56 PVR goes down by 1, do you think Riverside will get 6084 or 6099 / 6100?
(29 Dec 2014, 11:25 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Do remember that the 'older Prince Bishops' are equipped with more modern Euro 5 technology, whereas those Toon Link examples aren't! Tongue 

The examples which will join the current Prince Bishop allocation need to be Euro 5 - so Go North East needs to determine whether it's more cost-effective to repaint the Fast Cats allocation (also Euro 5) or to pay to retrofit more Scanias with Euro 5 technology themselves... If Go North East opts for the latter, I think service X36 will be dropped from the "Fast Cats" brand. It would seem that the X35/X36 services will no longer interwork, anyway.

If the X36 is dropped from the Fast Cats brand, what do u think it will use Red Scania's?

That means around 5 Fast cat Scania's will become available, that means the prince bishops still needs 3 more euro 5 Scania's............ or it would of being easier if GNE just ordered new buses for the 20/20A! 

Deleted my last posts because u edited your's and i forgot to re-edit mine... 
(29 Dec 2014, 11:25 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Do remember that the 'older Prince Bishops' are equipped with more modern Euro 5 technology, whereas those Toon Link examples aren't! Tongue 

Maybe the X36 will use Renowns?
(29 Dec 2014, 11:38 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Maybe the X36 will use Renowns?

I bloody hope not, it will be the X3 all over again!!! Tongue 
(29 Dec 2014, 11:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, 6100 will probables transfer over, with it being the highest non-branded B9 for the FAB 56, means they still have a branded spare for the 56 =). 

I bloody hope not, it will be the X3 all over again!!! Tongue 

No, 6100 will probably go to Percy Main.
(29 Dec 2014, 11:41 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]No, 6100 will probably go to Percy Main.

Opps i mis-read his post, i thought he said Percy main! 

Na i think only one will go and 6100 will go to Percy main for the Cobalt Clipper with the other 2 staying at Deptford for the 56. 
(29 Dec 2014, 11:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, 6100 will probables transfer over, with it being the highest non-branded B9 for the FAB 56, means they still have a branded spare for the 56 =).

Deptford don't have any services which require tachographs, though.

Whilst Percy Main would benefit from an additional Volvo B9 to compensate for their increased Cobalt Clipper PVR earlier this year, Riverside would also benefit from an additional Volvo B9 because they face the same situation with the TEN (difference being that Riverside are having to allocate a Volvo B7 on a daily basis as part of the PVR)..
(29 Dec 2014, 11:43 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Deptford don't have any services which require tachographs, though.

Whilst Percy Main would benefit from an additional Volvo B9 to compensate for their increased Cobalt Clipper PVR earlier this year, Riverside would also benefit from an additional Volvo B9 because they face the same situation with the TEN (difference being that Riverside are having to allocate a Volvo B7 on a daily basis as part of the PVR)..

Ye, i mis-read hes post, i thought it said Percy Main and not Riverside.... Tongue 

Well if 6099/6100 both transfer out then that leaves the FAB 56 with one spare.... do u think the FAB 56 could cope with the 1 spare? 

Edit: Think i haven't woke up this morning, loads of mistakes on my posts!
(29 Dec 2014, 11:47 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, i mis-read hes post, i thought it said Percy Main and not Riverside.... Tongue 

Well if 6099/6100 both transfer out then that leaves the FAB 56 with one spare.... do u think the FAB 56 could work with the 1 spare? 

You've missed the point which I was getting at...

6084 is fitted with a tachograph - wouldn't it make sense for this vehicle to transfer to a depot which could do with having an extra vehicle which is fitted with a tachograph?
(29 Dec 2014, 11:49 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]You've missed the point which I was getting at...

6084 is fitted with a tachograph - wouldn't it make sense for this vehicle to transfer to a depot which could do with having an extra vehicle which is fitted with a tachograph?

Is it?, i didn't know any of Deptford's buses had a tachograph fitted :0 
(29 Dec 2014, 11:51 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Is it?, i didn't know any of Deptford's buses had a tachograph fitted :0 

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...llocation/

All buses marked with a 'T' are fitted with a tachograph.
(29 Dec 2014, 11:56 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...llocation/

All buses marked with a 'T' are fitted with a tachograph.

I should check more often, always noticed it on other buses on the fleet allocation but not at Deptfords.