North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NEXUS has uploaded a new timetable for the Q1/A2 from the 10.11.14

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...101114.pdf
New scholar service from 17/11/2014

889 - Ouston - Pelton - Park View School North Lodge site - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/66102.66
(11 Nov 2014, 7:43 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New scholar service from 17/11/2014

889 - Ouston - Pelton - Park View School North Lodge site - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/66102.66

Ooh can't wait to tell my friends! Tongue
Safer school journeys for pupils (Service 889)
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11...or_pupils/
NEXUS has uploaded the timetables for the RM1/RM2 - Sunderland – Doxford International - operated every year by GNE.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...261114.pdf -  Runs from 26 November 2014 – 19 December 2014
(14 Nov 2014, 12:02 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Safer school journeys for pupils (Service 889)
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11...or_pupils/

Yep. Before this was announced, everyone used to get a Lime or a 34 down from Pelton or Ouston then a 21 to North Lodge. Smile
Good News, I will be in Sunderland on Monday Afternoon for yet another Appointment at Ingeus, this will therefore allow me to attend the Consultation at Park Lane also, Im guessing I might be the only one attending judging from the posts over the past few days from other members on this topic.

If you want I will more than happily pass on any Suggestions you may for Go North East, simply post whatever on this Thread and ill make a Print Screen of it, or alternatively send me a PM, I will then provide an Update once I get home on what GNEs Plans are, and also Upload any Leaflets they might have Highlighting what they are Planning, which will involve a Trip to the Library to get them Scanned.

Anyone know where the Library is in Sunderland, as I wont have time to go to the one in Washington as itll be Closed by the time I get back over that way.
(21 Nov 2014, 6:03 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Good News, I will be in Sunderland on Monday Afternoon for yet another Appointment at Ingeus, this will therefore allow me to attend the Consultation at Park Lane also, Im guessing I might be the only one attending judging from the posts over the past few days from other members on this topic.

If you want I will more than happily pass on any Suggestions you may for Go North East, simply post whatever on this Thread and ill make a Print Screen of it, or alternatively send me a PM, I will then provide an Update once I get home on what GNEs Plans are, and also Upload any Leaflets they might have Highlighting what they are Planning, which will involve a Trip to the Library to get them Scanned.

Anyone know where the Library is in Sunderland, as I wont have time to go to the one in Washington as itll be Closed by the time I get back over that way.

The library is opposite Wilkinsons, near the Winter Gardens.
(21 Nov 2014, 6:03 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Good News, I will be in Sunderland on Monday Afternoon for yet another Appointment at Ingeus, this will therefore allow me to attend the Consultation at Park Lane also, Im guessing I might be the only one attending judging from the posts over the past few days from other members on this topic.

Alright cool, i'll try and think of some suggestions.

I may try and go before uni on Monday but i doubt it, make sure you get a list of the proposed changes! Tongue
(21 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]The library is opposite Wilkinsons, near the Winter Gardens.
I know where you mean, I only need to walk around the corner to my appointment in that case, actually thought that was the Rent Office but never mind.
(21 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Alright cool, i'll try and think of some suggestions.

I may try and go before uni on Monday but i doubt it, make sure you get a list of the proposed changes! Tongue

I will do Michael, Hopefully nobody posts them before me, Going to wow there socks off with my "Malarkey Marathons".
(21 Nov 2014, 6:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I know where you mean, I only need to walk around the corner to my appointment in that case, actually thought that was the Rent Office but never mind.

I will do Michael, Hopefully nobody posts them before me, Going to wow there socks off with my "Malarkey Marathons".

'Fraid I'll be there at 8am travelling to school, and I'll have the consultation leaflets (assuming that these will be given out) scanned in and uploaded to NEB by early afternoon - as per previous consultation leaflets. I'll probably be able to take a few photos with my phone too, and upload them immediately.
(21 Nov 2014, 6:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]'Fraid I'll be there at 8am travelling to school, and I'll have the consultation leaflets (assuming that these will be given out) scanned in and uploaded to NEB by early afternoon - as per previous consultation leaflets. I'll probably be able to take a few photos with my phone too, and upload them immediately.

Thought you might Dan, I wont be in Sunderland unit after 13:00 as my appointment isnt till Half 3, but nevertheless ill pass on any Suggestions from other Members of the Forum who are unable to attend.
A reminder that the Sunderland Consultation is on tomorrow at Park Lane from 8am till 4pm!
With regards to the consultation I think GNE should introduce a Sunday service, if just two-hourly, on the X35/X36.
(23 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]With regards to the consultation I think GNE should introduce a Sunday service, if just two-hourly, on the X35/X36.

I agree however the 56 runs every 20 mins so not sure if the X36 would run, i think GNE might have the option for people for a bus to Peterlee but use the X35. 
They seem to be getting some stick on social media.
Apart from Michael, several posts have appeared complaining that it isn't possible to get down tomorrow.
(23 Nov 2014, 9:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]They seem to be getting some stick on social media.
Apart from Michael, several posts have appeared complaining that it isn't possible to get down tomorrow.

Ye, i noticed, i like how GNE aren't replying!

Im still wating for them to answer my question if the 2A/2C are planned for changes... 

Whos going tomorrow?

I'm at uni and its assignment hand in day so can't dole! Sad 
I agree however the 56 runs every 20 mins so not sure if the X36 would run, i think GNE might have the option for people for a bus to Peterlee but use the X35.
I can't see either the X35 or X36 running on Sundays.

Wonder if it would be worth running an express between Peterlee and Sunderland, perhaps it could run the same route as the Arriva X21 and would take 26 minutes in each direction and would use one bus, to keep running costs down it could use an East Durham MPD.
(23 Nov 2014, 9:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, i noticed, i like how GNE aren't replying!

Im still wating for them to answer my question if the 2A/2C are planned for changes... 

Whos going tomorrow?

I'm at uni and its assignment hand in day so can't dole! Sad 

Dan first thing on the Morning on his way to School, and me in the Afternoon.

X35/X36 Suggestion Noted Tom, I will pass that on for you.
[url=https://www.facebook.com/michelle.drinkald?fref=ufi][/url]After reading Andreos1's post above, I decided to have a little look through Go North East's Facebook page for posts which were negative regarding the consultation. I've found the following, and expressed my opinions on the individual posts below it.

Although I didn't find a single "I'll be there!" post, could it be a situation similar to the company rarely receiving positive feedback on their Social Media pages? This was discussed in a blog post by Go North East a couple of weeks ago. I'm beginning to think it's a similar situation here, too... I'll be there tomorrow morning first thing and again at noon, and most likely again later in the afternoon. I'll report on how things appear to be going, and if I am right, I'll be able to reinforce what I've said over the past week or so with 'results'...

yes we are all at work and i think the 99 shud be every half hour and plenty of people do use it its always packed !! thats my idea/ view

I'd be surprised to see service 99 included in the planned service changes. Now that would be unfair, if the company planned to consult passengers no where on the route of a service which is planned to undergo changes.

Shall I just send a polite letter to the "commercial team" since I can't make it... I will be expecting a reply if I do with full analysis of my suggestions

I have mutual friends with this one on Facebook; most of which are aircraft enthusiasts, which certainly suggests that this chap is a transport enthusiast. The majority of customers wouldn't come out with something like this... I do note that Go North East has suggested that he can e-mail the company with his suggestions, though.

Can't make it - why can't u be there for a couple of days instead of only one day giving people a chance to see the proposed changes or post them online for comments - would make more sense or do u not want many people's opinions n have already made the decision on the changes already

No the company hasn't made a decision! I've already explained on here why they're possibly only there for one day - and it certainly isn't to avoid getting the opinions of customers...

I assume you already have an idea of service changes you're proposing .Why not provide details on your website so that people who use your services to get to work etc and cant get to park lane between 8 & 4 have a chance to comment

Yes the company does have a rough idea of what they think is the best way forward - but if customers who attend tomorrow in the eight hour time slot available and the majority suggest that they're bad ideas, the company cannot go ahead with the ideas.

No good people who are interested will be working like me

Appreciate not all workers will travel through Park Lane, but could it be a possibility that people who don't won't be particularly affected by the service changes? The 08:00am start was chosen to allow commuters to give their feedback too...