North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
163 used to go through success and turn left at the end of the road, 160 used to operate through newbottle then both services operated towards new lambton. Redby only operated the 161 which ran at 10 & 40 every hour, wear buses left sunderland at 00 & 30
Here are the 16x series timetables circa February 1998 if that clarifies anything for anyone.

[attachment=6170] [attachment=6171]

Also a map of the Houghton area from the same year.

[attachment=6172]
There's loads of alternates of the 16# series over the years.
Just noticed that GNE are only running the 706/707 between 9:14am and 13:44pm, will Stanley travel run rest of the times because if not the timetable has being well cut down
(15 Dec 2014, 7:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just noticed that GNE are only running the 706/707 between 9:14am and 13:44pm, will Stanley travel run rest of the times because if not the timetable has being well cut down

I was wondering the same thing when I looked at the timetable.

I'm pretty sure I still see the services operating when I finish work at around 3pm.
Potentially because that's all Go North East could justify running commercially - the loadings may be lower outside of those hours.
Go North East will operate all runs except service 708 (which as i understand was part of the cancellation for Stanley Travel suggesting that this particular service won't operate anymore) only the services will finish some 3 hours earlier than they do currently. 

Currently, the last journey is a service 708 and departs Stanley Bus Station at 17:09 and arrives back at Stanley at 17:51
When the new timetable is introduced, the last journey will be service 707 and will depart Stanley Bus Station at 13:44 and arrive back at 14:12

Now baring in mind most people who use this service are OAPs, it is a wise decision to cut the service shorter than it actually is. I mean, its not as if they don't have the other services that go through Tanfield Lea, Catchgate and Annfield Plain although there are no other services that go through West Kyo, Harperley, Hamsterley Gardens or Fines Park.
With Sunderland changes coming here is how i think stand changes will occur at Park Lane:

Stand A – Metro replacement
Stand B – X21/22/23
Stand C – X7/61
Stand D - 60
Stand E – 38/238
Stand F - 2/2A towards Silksworth 
Stand G - 700
Stand H – 39/73
Stand J – 2/2A towards Washington 
Stand K – 8/78/78A
Stand L – 35/35A/36 – Towards Houghton, Chester- le- street
Stand M – X1, X35
Stand N – 20/20A - Durham
Stand P – E1, E2, E6
Stand Q – 20/20A - South Shields
Stand R – 9
Stand S – 56
Stand T – 35/35A/36 – Towards North Sunderland, Heworth etc
Stand V – 135/136/700/X36
Would stick the 8 on T and swap allocations for L and around.

The 8 is then with other North Sunderland services - attracting passengers to it, who would ignore if it was left as it is.
Frequent services to Houghton on adjoining stands.
(15 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Would stick the 8 on T and swap allocations for L and around.

The 8 is then with other North Sunderland services - attracting passengers to it, who would ignore if it was left as it is.
Frequent services to Houghton on adjoining stands.

I was just thinking frequency wise, and so stands weren't congested but i agree 8 could do better if it was on Stand T, although it only passes through the enterprise park 
On VOSA.

PB0003954/625 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE
Finish Point: GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE
Via:
Service Number: Q3
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 26-JUL-2015
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY ( EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)

5. PB0003954/626 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: NEWCASTLE CENTRAL STATION
Via:
Service Number: Q1
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
(17 Dec 2014, 1:30 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]On VOSA.

PB0003954/625 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE
Finish Point: GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE
Via:
Service Number: Q3
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY ( EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)

5. PB0003954/626 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: NEWCASTLE CENTRAL STATION
Via:
Service Number: Q1
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)

Interesting!
Wonder what route the Q3 will take?
(17 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Interesting!
Wonder what route the Q3 will take?

Quite a big stab in the dark.... could be the current X40 route interworking with the Q1/Q2 services and operating from Saltmeadows? Just have to see.
(17 Dec 2014, 4:13 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]Quite a big stab in the dark.... could be the current X40 route interworking with the Q1/Q2 services and operating from Saltmeadows? Just have to see.

I would imagine the Q3 will replace the X40,like NK05 GWZ said in hes post and it looks like all of the Quaylink may be ran by GNE commercial, as citaro said this in the GNE thread about the Quaylink (as someone also posted about the Q1 and Q3 in there)

-----------------------------
here is the post...

Therefore one assumes Go North East have been awarded the QuayLink contract, however more interestingly is this Q3 is essentially replacing the X40 to great Park, wonder how thats going to work!

citaro5284 
Or maybe a commerical operation?
Closure of Chester-le-Street Front Street - 5th January 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...uary-2015/

This will be fun!

-----------------
Just mentioned on the news about Newcastle council cuts and they mentioned the Quaylink service.
(17 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Closure of Chester-le-Street Front Street - 5th January 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...uary-2015/

This will be fun!

-----------------
Just mentioned on the news about Newcastle council cuts and they mentioned the Quaylink service.

This should massively help the Angel reliability *cough*
(17 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I would imagine the Q3 will replace the X40,like NK05 GWZ said in hes post and it looks like all of the Quaylink may be ran by GNE commercial, as citaro said this in the GNE thread about the Quaylink (as someone also posted about the Q1 and Q3 in there)

-----------------------------
here is the post...

Therefore one assumes Go North East have been awarded the QuayLink contract, however more interestingly is this Q3 is essentially replacing the X40 to great Park, wonder how thats going to work!

citaro5284 
Or maybe a commerical operation?

Think this Article all but confirms what citaro5284 said.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ps-8306756
Forbes is on another planet. People being asked to pay more for less, but he thinks they'll be understanding...
(17 Dec 2014, 11:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Forbes is on another planet. People being asked to pay more for less, but he thinks they'll be understanding...

Are the 21 changes registered earlier linked to the Front St closure as opposed to more hopeful fanciful re-routing through Newcastle?
Does anyone know if the 2/2A will run a better frequancy on a Sunday when changes happen at end of January, as the current 42 runs every 15 minutes on a Sunday, with the 2A hourly, 2C hourly.

Also including late evening