North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bet that VOSA website has been getting some hammer the past few days - Tom wins..!
(10 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Bet that VOSA website has been betting some hammer the past few days - Tom wins..!

Haha first time I've checked it this week!
(10 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Haha first time I've checked it this week!

I tend not to check full stop. With other operators included in the searches, some often go astray. I must leave the copying and pasting bit to the experts  Tongue
(10 Sep 2015, 2:52 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Looks like it wasn't a lie!

PB0003954/656 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Durham Bus Station
Finish Point: Castleside, Church Street
Via:
Service Number: 16
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 25-OCT-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays) Sunday (and public holiday)

Sounds like a fun route to do.

Was it the V8 and 43 which was rumoured to be merging to make the above route?, cant remember... my memory the last weeks...

(10 Sep 2015, 3:08 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I tend not to check full stop. With other operators included in the searches, some often go astray. I must leave the copying and pasting bit to the experts  Tongue

First have a lot of changes on today!
(10 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sounds like a fun route to do.

Was it the V8 and 43 which was rumoured to be merging to make the above route?, cant remember... my memory the last weeks...

Wait and see like the rest of us? I know you're eager to find out what is happening, as are the rest of us but... Tongue
(10 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Wait and see like the rest of us? I know you're eager to find out what is happening, as are the rest of us but... Tongue

Was just a general question really.  Angel
It's like the old 765 (or was that the 766)...?
(10 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm)JakeSavage wrote [ -> ]It's like the old 765 (or was that the 766)...?

That would be the 766. The 765 went to Shotley Bridge.
Summary of the VOSA registrations, cancellations and amendments as at 10/09/2015 (effective 25th October 2015)

Registered
- 16/16A (Durham - Castleside)

Variations
- 8/8A (Sunderland - Stanley)  - Route and Timetable
- 47 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill) - Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
- 49/49A/49C/64 (Gateshead - Winlaton) - Route and Timetable
- 97/97A/97X (Newcastle - Metrocentre) - Route and Timetable
- X66 (Metrocentre - Gateshead) - Stopping Places and Timetable.
- X70/X71/X72 (Consett - Newcastle) - Timetable

Cancellations
- 31/32
- 43/43b/44/836/843/844
- 64/64A/95/96/96A
- 706/707
- X30/130/X31
- X43
- V8/808

So, what can we deter from all of these VOSA registrations..?

First and foremost; it's clear that there is still a large number of VOSA registrations to be added to the website, so I'd suggest that we keep on checking the VOSA website to add to this jigsaw. The registration of the 16/16A shows that it was actually received on 28th August 2015, so clearly there's a bit of a backlog at VOSA's end at the moment!

Two new services, numbered 16 and 16A, are being introduced from Durham to Castleside. Based on previous speculation prior to the registrations being submitted; the company's plans outlined in the recent customer consultation; and the cancellation of services 43/44 and V8, I'd suggest that it is clear that these new services are to replace the southern section of the "Diamond" 43/44 services between Durham and Stanley, but also extending to Castleside to replace the V8 service (opposed to continuing to Newcastle via Metrocentre as present). It would be logical to assume that all current frequencies will be maintained, and variations of the route (South Stanley / South Moor) can be achieved by having an 'A' route number variation.

As the current V8 service interworks with "Venture" services 130/131 and 706/707, changes will need to be made to accommodate for the withdrawal of this service. Whether they are absorbed into other services or withdrawn completely remains to be confirmed in VOSA registrations, so this is one to keep an eye out for. It's worth noting that the V8 (and the services it interworks with at Stanley Bus Station) have a combined PVR of 5, so these vehicles will have to be used up somewhere...

We'll have to keep an eye out for newly registered services for quite a few routes, as a large number have been cancelled and these were proposed to undergo changes within the consultations.
Just thinking here, if the 131 and 706/707 won't be replaced, I wonder if the Solos could be used on a variation of the 17?

So if it was split like has been rumoured, then Solos could be used from Rosehill/Wallsend to Cramlington as I don't think this service needs a full size bus so they could be used on there, and this would allow for dual door B10s to be withdrawn.
Cheers Dan i also made a list a few pages back but it was basic... lol

I think the 130/131/706/707 will be merged in to one route.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:23 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]That would be the 766. The 765 went to Shotley Bridge.

It would be neither.

Services 765/766 were basically services 15/15A without the Castleside and Shotley Bridge Hospital extensions. 

The new service 16 is more like the old 719 except, instead of terminating at Shotley Bridge Hospital, terminates at Castleside.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:50 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]It would be neither.

Services 765/766 were basically services 15/15A without the Castleside and Shotley Bridge Hospital extensions. 

The new service 16 is more like the old 719 except, instead of terminating at Shotley Bridge Hospital, terminates at Castleside.

I know that the 765/766 went the 15/15A - i was just saying that the 766 was the service that continued to Castleside from Consett, not the 765 which continued to Shotley Bridge.

It is indeed, as you say, more like the 719 which went via South Stanley (Avon Road) like the current 44. It used to be one of the many services that went via Hollyhill Gardens at one point to and was, until its withdrawl, allocated the Palatine 1s. The 718 (operated by Chester-le-Street using DAFs) interworked with the 720 and 729 and continued to Consett in place of the 719 in the evenings and Sundays before without the Shotley Bridge extension.
I think that the East Stanley circular (131) will definitely kept. It is a service that has always been used and would be a big mistake for them if they were not to replace it. Different kettle of fish for the 706/707 though. The main stops are only a matter of a few minutes walk away from the main roads that routes such as the 43, 44 etc serve for Annfield Plain. The only real place where people would have a problem is Fines Park which is Hail and Ride.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Just thinking here, if the 131 and 706/707 won't be replaced, I wonder if the Solos could be used on a variation of the 17?

So if it was split like has been rumoured, then Solos could be used from Rosehill/Wallsend to Cramlington as I don't think this service needs a full size bus so they could be used on there, and this would allow for dual door B10s to be withdrawn.

You have the 17 on the brain  Tongue
(10 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I know that the 765/766 went the 15/15A - i was just saying that the 766 was the service that continued to Castleside from Consett, not the 765 which continued to Shotley Bridge.

It is indeed, as you say, more like the 719 which went via South Stanley (Avon Road) like the current 44. It used to be one of the many services that went via Hollyhill Gardens at one point to and was, until its withdrawl, allocated the Palatine 1s. The 718 (operated by Chester-le-Street using DAFs) interworked with the 720 and 729 and continued to Consett in place of the 719 in the evenings and Sundays before without the Shotley Bridge extension.

Once upon a time, the 718 used to extend beyond Stanley to terminate at Chopwell via the old 715 route to Rowlands Gill, then onto Chopwell via Hamsterley Mill and Blackhall Mill.

Would love to see that route again but I won't hold my breath...
(10 Sep 2015, 6:04 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Once upon a time, the 718 used to extend beyond Stanley to terminate at Chopwell via the old 715 route to Rowlands Gill, then onto Chopwell via Hamsterley Mill and Blackhall Mill.

Now i can't remember that one haha! The Rowlands Gill - Stanley services seemed to do quite well.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:06 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Now i can't remember that one haha! The Rowlands Gill - Stanley services seemed to do quite well.

It would have been quite handy for today, either the old 715 or the old 718.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:04 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Once upon a time, the 718 used to extend beyond Stanley to terminate at Chopwell via the old 715 route to Rowlands Gill, then onto Chopwell via Hamsterley Mill and Blackhall Mill.

I wish the 715 still existed. It would be ideal for me on my days out! Optare Metroriders I think? I would even use it if Stanley Travel extended the R5, but that's never going to happen!
(10 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]I wish the 715 still existed. It would be ideal for me on my days out! Optare Metroriders I think? I would even use it if Stanley Travel extended the R5, but that's never going to happen!

I wish the 57A/B still existed had a bus to Newcastle from mine.