North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I have a feeling the 8A will be basically the old X8, As for the current 8 I have no idea but it could leave Picktree Village without a Service during the Day, Depending on what the changes actually are, I do think that having the 8 Operating Non Stop between CLS and Washington could be a Major Benefit to the Reliability of the Service.

Something needs to be done about chester road though, wonder if new buses are odrered, then a extra bus will be added to increase timings, to give it better Reliability.... the way the orders are atm, i don't think we will see new buses by the time the changes come around...
(05 Sep 2014, 6:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I have a feeling the 8A will be basically the old X8, As for the current 8 I have no idea but it could leave Picktree Village without a Service during the Day, Depending on what the changes actually are, I do think that having the 8 Operating Non Stop between CLS and Washington could be a Major Benefit to the Reliability of the Service.

No, the 8A will operate the current 8 route. Picktree village will still have a service.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:40 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]No, the 8A will operate the current 8 route. Picktree village will still have a service.

Any idea what this 8 route will be?

have you had these changes confirmed by GNE?
(05 Sep 2014, 6:32 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Something needs to be done about chester road though, wonder if new buses are odrered, then a extra bus will be added to increase timings, to give it better Reliability.... the way the orders are atm, i don't think we will see new buses by the time the changes come around...

Without going off topic too much, I think Chester Road has more than enough of a service between Kayll Road and the A19.
The 2's and 78's are more than dominant along there.

If the 8 was diverted, maybe via Kayll Road, Pallion and the Queen Alexandra Bridge - possibly through the business park, I think it could benefit the service and passengers.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea what this 8 route will be?

have you had these changes confirmed by GNE?

Yes, we have a map in depot. Route training will commence next week, every day for 3 weeks. No idea of times if the 8 will be peak journeys or all day and also if it'll interwork with the 78.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:48 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Without going out of topic too much, I think Chester Road has more than enough of a service between Kayll Road and the A19.

If the 8 was diverted, maybe via Pallion and the Queen Alexandra Bridge - possibly through the business park, I think it could benefit the service and passengers.

I also mentioned that earlier to, i think it was NEXUS who proposed that route?

Like nk55 said the 8A will do the 8 route and the 8 a new one... however i have a feeling each service will be hourly... only points which will have 30 mins could be:

Sunderland - Hospital
Waterview Park ยป Washington
Maybe a non stop like someone said before between Washington and Chester le street?
Chester Le - Street to Stanley
(05 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Yes, we have a map in depot. Route training will commence next week, every day for 3 weeks. No idea of times if the 8 will be peak journeys or all day and also if it'll interwork with the 78.

If the 8 is only peak times then it should be the 8A... that's daft.

Any idea when the changes will be posted at the depot?
(05 Sep 2014, 6:48 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Without going off topic too much, I think Chester Road has more than enough of a service between Kayll Road and the A19.

If the 8 was diverted, maybe via Kayll Road, Pallion and the Queen Alexandra Bridge - possibly through the business park, I think it could benefit the service and passengers.

Not forgetting the 39 also operates down chester road.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:57 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Not forgetting the 39 also operates down chester road.

and the stagecoach 5/5A/16

The 35/35B/35C and 136 and the 700/701 XD

99A - early morning
X36 peak times
(05 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I can see where you are coming from with the 4, but I think it's down to the Branding of the X1 Being Different, Might seem pointless but perhaps Renumbering the X1 to X4 and Re-Branding the "Red Arrows" to "Connections 4 Express", Could be a Clever Marketing move by Go North East.

I think the "Red Arrows" is a well-known brand name, and therefore effective.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]If the 8 is only peak times then it should be the 8A... that's daft.

Any idea when the changes will be posted at the depot?

We usually get the new duties 14 days prior to them going live.

I thought initially each 1 would operate hourly providing a combined 30 mins service but who knows.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]and the stagecoach 5/5A/16

The 35/35B/35C and 136 and the 700/701 XD

99A - early morning
X36 peak times

Here is the NEXUS liner (will change again next week due to 700 changing)

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24246.pdf
(05 Sep 2014, 7:01 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]We usually get the new duties 14 days prior to them going live.

I thought initially each 1 would operate hourly providing a combined 30 mins service but who knows.

Does seem the best idea to have each one hourly though, i was hoping this means they will be able to add a extra bus in just to help with timings... plus its getting new buses... so we might get a extra one on the order..
(05 Sep 2014, 7:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does seem the best idea to have each one hourly though, i was hoping this means they will be able to add a extra bus in just to help with timings... plus its getting new buses... so we might get a extra one on the order..

Sure the changes will appear on the website soon.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:57 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Not forgetting the 39 also operates down chester road.

It does indeed.

But like the other ones Michael mentioned, it diverges before reaching the faster, dualled section of the A183, coming away from Sunderland.
Granted the stops between the Grindon Mill and Hastings Hill are used, but not enough to justify the frequency it gets.
They probably have the frequency, by virtue of living on a main route into/out of Sunderland.
(05 Sep 2014, 7:17 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Sure the changes will appear on the website soon.

Should be online my start middle of October.. hopefully orders appear soon to
I wonder if 5389 or 5390 get a trial on the limes before an order is finalised.
(05 Sep 2014, 7:26 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]I wonder if 5389 or 5390 get a trial on the limes before an order is finalised.

I would imagine so, they have had everything else on it
(05 Sep 2014, 7:26 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]I wonder if 5389 or 5390 get a trial on the limes before an order is finalised.

5389 is needed for Nexus work at the moment (service 29), due to the recent RTA near Saltwell Park.

I'd be incredibly surprised if 5390 was sent to (what would presumably be) Stanley, given that the Citylink would then be left without a spare Versa, and the X66 wouldn't have its fifth vehicle as per the Saturday PVR.
(05 Sep 2014, 7:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]It does indeed.

But like the other ones Michael mentioned, it diverges before reaching the faster, dualled section of the A183, coming away from Sunderland.
Granted the stops between the Grindon Mill and Hastings Hill are used, but not enough to justify the frequency it gets.
They probably have the frequency, by virtue of living on a main route into/out of Sunderland.

If you look at the timetables for the 2s and 8/78 they both operate every 15mins which, yes might seem a bus every 7/8 mins the reality is there's about a 4min gap, the first bus through gets the passengers.

Last time i done the 8 i picked up at hastings hill then the wavendon then the hospital.