North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Jun 2016, 7:51 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Maybe the Cobalt Clipper frequency is being reduced so one of them B9s will move to the TEN?

I'd imagine the 10A extension will only need 1 bus anyway

That's what I imagine will happen, with the current 11 I believe there's 2 buses at a time in the section between Crawcrook and Blackhall Mill, So 2 B9s might be needed.
(08 Jun 2016, 7:53 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]That's what I imagine will happen, with the current 11 I believe there's 2 buses at a time in the section between Crawcrook and Blackhall Mill, So 2 B9s might be needed.

Aye just looked at the timetable and it's 16 minutes from Greenside to Blackhall Mill so 1 bus might be a bit of a push especially if they are improving the timetable for reliability.
Don't think the Clippers will go down TBH as they want to try and compete with Arriva. Worst case, 6099 or 6100 could be sourced from Deptford for the additional TEN vehicle with Deptford either coping with 1x spare or 1x B7TL heading in the other direction meaning Riverside / Hexham going down to 3x spares covering a total PVR of 21 with 6084 being seconded on TTX duties should any of 6043-6048 fail with the appropriate B7TL being allocated in situ to the TEN.
(08 Jun 2016, 8:26 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Don't think the Clippers will go down TBH as they want to try and compete with Arriva. Worst case, 6099 or 6100 could be sourced from Deptford for the additional TEN vehicle with Deptford either coping with 1x spare or 1x B7TL heading in the other direction meaning Riverside / Hexham going down to 3x spares covering a total PVR of 21 with 6084 being seconded on TTX duties should any of 6043-6048 fail with the appropriate B7TL being allocated in situ to the TEN.

No way deptford are to throw a b9 away
(08 Jun 2016, 8:27 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]No way deptford are to throw a b9 away

You never know.

Although with a bit of a struggle and given the Northumberland contracts that have often seen 6116 / 6117 in use on an almost daily basis as well as the abandoned GKN mods to 6104, the Clippers have coped reasonably fine with 1x spare.

Got to remember that the 56 has been timetabled with slightly more running time plus increased layover at Park Lane meaning that unless a B9 breaks down or is in for a PSV, then the likelyhood of needing a spare decker is reduced somewhat.

If Deptford lost the 1x spare and got nothing in return, they could cope with a bit of a struggle like Percy Main have. Look at the Prince Bishops and that is running at a ratio of 10:1 with Streetlites.
Red B7TLs are regular occasional runners on TEN - particularly 3942 - but there's another one too - 3941/3963/3964?

Then there's the very occasional single decker.
(08 Jun 2016, 8:44 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]You never know.

Although with a bit of a struggle and given the Northumberland contracts that have often seen 6116 / 6117 in use on an almost daily basis as well as the abandoned GKN mods to 6104, the Clippers have coped reasonably fine with 1x spare.

Got to remember that the 56 has been timetabled with slightly more running time plus increased layover at Park Lane meaning that unless a B9 breaks down or is in for a PSV, then the likelyhood of needing a spare decker is reduced somewhat.

If Deptford lost the 1x spare and got nothing in return, they could cope with a bit of a struggle like Percy Main have. Look at the Prince Bishops and that is running at a ratio of 10:1 with Streetlites.

Plus percy main are already running 1 double decker short as they lost 3859 and got nothing in replacement
Looking at the new revised TEN routes though, the same argument could apply as what was applied to Arriva's X21 / X22 changes when they were revised to effectively swap routes between Bedlington Red Lion and Hartford Bank despite increasing journey times on some parts of one if not, both routes.

All about simplification and commonality these days compared to the days of 3/4 routes running with practically the same termini albeit minor route variations. Bar the link between the Tyne Valley and West Gateshead to Newcastle Business Park being lost as well as a slightly quicker journey to Newcastle, the routes have been practically the same.

Although an extra 5 minutes or so journey might be annoying and could well be seen as a cost cutting exercise, got to remember that the capacity of the B9TLs will be better utilised thus generating slightly more revenue as well as the potential additional revenue of new service 11.

As well as this, if the TEN became a more profitable route as a result of the Tyne Valley corridor being streamlined and with the hint of them spare Mercs being used to make new service 57 every 15 minutes, something like this could well end up happening in the future:

- New buses for the TEN services (15+2 spare)
- 14x B9TLs transfer to Stanley to upgrade all Red Kite journeys to double deck perhaps with a spare
- 10x + 1x spare Streetlites transfer from Stanley to Riverside for the 57 if it was to be upgraded.
- 2x B9TLs + 2x spare B9TLs transfer from Stanley to Chester Le Street for Angel service 21.

The following vehicles then become free for future cascades:
- 10x Mercs
- 2x B7TLs (one could go to Stanley as a spare for the Red Kite)
(08 Jun 2016, 5:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Some info about the changes:

NEW SERVICE 11/11A/11X (Metrocentre – Lobley Hill – Gateshead – Newcastle – Wallsend – Royal Quays – Whitley Bay)
New service replacing the current 96/96A between Newcastle and the Metrocentre and then extended to Wallsend, Royal Quays and Whitley Bay providing new links. Monday to Friday peak AM journeys will operate as 11X between Dunston, Lobley Hill, Gateshead, Newcastle and onto Cobalt providing replacement for withdrawn 58X trips.

If the intention of this service is to replace the 96 between Newcastle and Metrocentre and the 17 between Wallsend and Whitley Bay, what route is it going to take between Newcastle and Wallsend?
(10 Jun 2016, 8:55 am)big mac wrote [ -> ]If the intention of this service is to replace the 96 between Newcastle and Metrocentre and the 17 between Wallsend and Whitley Bay, what route is it going to take between Newcastle and Wallsend?

Direct along Shields Road I think. Basically provides an express service between Wallsend and Newcastle.
(10 Jun 2016, 2:56 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Direct along Shields Road I think. Basically provides an express service between Wallsend and Newcastle.

Non-stop or limited stop? Either way, a very useful express link.
(10 Jun 2016, 5:06 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]Non-stop or limited stop? Either way, a very useful express link.

More likely limited stop.
I like to think that they would be adventurous and get more passengers by following the stagecoach 40 route Wallsend to Byker via Welbeck Road in Walker
(10 Jun 2016, 7:26 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I like to think that they would be adventurous and get more passengers by following the stagecoach 40 route Wallsend to Byker via Welbeck Road in Walker

Yeah and a half hourly service would definitely do well against a 39/40 every 5 minutes!
Just a genuine question here,but will the upcoming service changes of the 17 result in there being no service to Whitley from places like Killy and Forest Hall meaning having to connect either at Killy or Asda Benton for a bus to Whitley,personally aint fussed just that i heard some oldies talking about it the other day so couldnt really offer any info on it lol
Some changes on VOSA today - they must be well behind if working a Saturday! I can't paste them here on my phone - perhaps someone else can for other members to see?
PB0002400/420 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birtley Town Centre and Heworth metro given service number 82/82A/82B/83 effective from 31-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/86 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Gateshead Metro and Gateshead Metro given service number 93/94 effective from 31-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/625 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE and GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE given service number Q3 effective from 31-Jul-2016.
PB0003954/626 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE and NEWCASTLE CENTRAL STATION given service number Q1/Q2 effective from 31-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/690 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Great Park Village, Waggonway Drive
Finish Point: Wallsend Metro
Via:
Service Number: Q3
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 31-JUL-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday (except public holidays) Sunday (and public holidays)
PB0003954/682 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Newcastle Haymarket
Finish Point: Quorum Business Park, Longbenton
Via:
Service Number: 554
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-JUL-2016
Other Details: Monday to Friday (except public holidays)

Yes!!!! The Q3 is changing, maybe no versas!!!!!!!!!!!
And GNE is getting the 554!
Excellent sending the Q3 to Wallsend! That was a massive surprise, didn't expect that. Probably use Versas off the Citylink but they are nice haha.

Wonder what way it will operate? Via Walker Riverside?
(11 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Just a genuine question here,but will the upcoming service changes of the 17 result in there being no service to Whitley from places like Killy and Forest Hall meaning having to connect either at Killy or Asda Benton for a bus to Whitley,personally aint fussed just that i heard some oldies talking about it the other day so couldnt really offer any info on it lol

Sorry I've only just saw this - 42 will be replacing the 17 but will only run as far as North Shields so no bus to Whitley Bay. Not sure who would sit on the 17 from Killingworth to Whitley Bay anyway when the 54 is way quicker!
(11 Jun 2016, 3:21 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Sorry I've only just saw this - 42 will be replacing the 17 but will only run as far as North Shields so no bus to Whitley Bay. Not sure who would sit on the 17 from Killingworth to Whitley Bay anyway when the 54 is way quicker!

My thoughts exactly Tom, think its just a case of people moaning just cus they can,not only is the 54 quicker but its more frequent too