North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]How? 
Different route?

You know the difference between the current 35 and the current 42, surely? Tongue 
(09 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You know the difference between the current 35 and the current 42, surely? Tongue 

Now I do Smile
Hope they are successful. 
(09 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Now I do Smile
Hope they are successful. 

There are a lot of advantages to all customers.

Services 2/2C
  • Improved cross-city connections
  • Silksworth gains a more frequent service to/from Royal Hospital (every 10 mins, opposed to current 60 mins)
  • Possibility for increased layover to provide increased reliability
Services 20/20A
  • Peak time X20s should be re-worked so that they fall under the 'Prince Bishops' brand and don't work off delayed scholars
Services 33/39
  • Service 39 increased to every 15 minutes
  • Service 33 introduced providing new links between Silksworth and Doxford Park (Stagecoach's service 13 doesn't entirely achieve this as it doesn't go to Vicarage Farm Estate)
Services 35/36
  • Direct link between Fencehouses and Sunderland reinstated
  • Improved frequency on current 29 route between Sunderland and Town End Farm (every 15 mins, opposed to current 20 mins)
Service 38
  • Direct links between Silksworth and Houghton-le-Spring are retained
  • Grasswell gains a direct bus to Sunderland
Service 56
  • Increased layover to provide increased reliability
Go North East have really thought these changes through - and most importantly, they've been directly made as a result of customer requests. I previously suggested that residents of Sunderland must prefer the cross-city nature style of services owing to Stagecoach's dominance within the city, with this method being Stagecoach's set up. I really don't think it's a coincidence that lots of cross-city style services are being introduced.
(09 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There are a lot of advantages to all customers.

Services 2/2C
  • Silksworth gains a more frequent service to/from Royal Hospital (every 10 mins, opposed to current 60 mins)
Services 20/20A
  • Peak time X20s should be re-worked so that they fall under the 'Prince Bishops' brand and don't work off delayed scholars
Services 33/39
  • Service 33 introduced providing new links between Silksworth and Doxford Park (Stagecoach's service 13 doesn't entirely achieve this as it doesn't go to Vicarage Farm Estate)
Services 35/36
  • Improved frequency on current 29 route between Sunderland and Town End Farm (every 15 mins, opposed to current 20 mins)
Service 38
Service 56
Go North East have really thought these changes through - and most importantly, they've been directly made as a result of customer requests. I previously suggested that residents of Sunderland must prefer the cross-city nature style of services owing to Stagecoach's dominance within the city, with this method being Stagecoach's set up. I really don't think it's a coincidence that lots of cross-city style services are being introduced.

Yeah, hopefully these won't change all of the time.
Does Grasswell even have a bus service, as nothing comes up on GNE.
Losing 29 is a bad decision
(09 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Losing 29 is a bad decision

Not necessarily.

It's not like it's been totally forgotten and lost in time - it's just been merged with another service to make another, when you think about it.
(09 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Losing 29 is a bad decision

How? It is being replaced by the 35, following the same route from Sunderland to Boldon. 
29 has proved very popular in ryhope tunstall and doxford
(09 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]29 has proved very popular in ryhope tunstall and doxford

You'll have the 39 every 15 mins. 
(09 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]29 has proved very popular in ryhope tunstall and doxford
Yes, but not quite as popular as the Sunderland - Town End Farm section.

Whilst the frequency of 29/39 from Sunderland - Doxford Park will decrease from every 10 mins to every 15, the frequency of service 29 (35/36) between Sunderland and Town End Farm will increase from every 20 to every 15.

There are currently 6 buses/hr between Sunderland and Doxford Park (excl X35), but this will increase to 8 buses/hr (33/39)...
Yeah, Grasswell has the X1 from the main road and the 35/a from the Burnside Estate.

In the past, they had the 71.
(09 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There are a lot of advantages to all customers.

Services 2/2C
Services 20/20A
Services 33/39
Services 35/36
Service 38
Service 56

Just thinking, the 2/2A - which way will they run in and out the city center, like the current laser will it enter park lane twice?
(09 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just thinking, the 2/2A - which way will they run in and out the city center, like the current laser will it enter park lane twice?

No - I think it will follow the same route as the current 39 from Chester Road through to Fawcett Street and beyond.
Do you think the 33, 38 and 39 will get branded?
(10 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Do you think the 33, 38 and 39 will get branded?

Possibly as Simplicity?
(10 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Possibly as Simplicity?

I don't theirs gonna be enough versa's for all of the services, including the 61, unless they drop the 61 from the brand and give this service something else but i doubt that, i also doubt they will want the Simplicity brand as 2 different kinds of buses.... unless they're new buses. 
(10 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't theirs gonna be enough versa's for all of the services, including the 61, unless they drop the 61 from the brand and give this service something else but i doubt that, i also doubt they will want the Simplicity brand as 2 different kinds of buses.... unless they're new buses. 

Well, the 33/39 will be able to be branded as Simplicity. The 38 could use Cadets, and just be red. 
(10 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Well, the 33/39 will be able to be branded as Simplicity. The 38 could use Cadets, and just be red. 

Aye true, i forgot about they could just drop the 38...although, Cadets is now likely due to the increase in PVR and it desperately needs bigger buses haha  Tongue

Probables find out when GNE post the changes on their site, i think this will be before the 23.12.14, as changes are due on the 25.1.14... i don't see them posting the changes over Christmas, this will likely to be done before Christmas.  
(10 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Aye true, i forgot about they could just drop the 38...although, Cadets is now likely due to the increase in PVR and it desperately needs bigger buses haha  Tongue

Probables find out when GNE post the changes on their site, i think this will be before the 23.12.14, as changes are due on the 25.1.14... i don't see them posting the changes over Christmas, this will likely to be done before Christmas.  

I reckon the allocations, overall will be:

2/2A - Citaro
20/20A - Solars
33/39 - Versas
35 - Solars
36 - Citaros
38 - Cadets
(10 Dec 2014, 4:14 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I reckon the allocations, overall will be:

2/2A - Citaro
20/20A - Solars
33/39 - Versas
35 - Solars
36 - Citaros
38 - Cadets

Tbh, most of the services were gonna be the same allocations, its only the 33 and 38 allocations which isn't really confirmed. 

Question regarding the 39, i wonder if GNE will run this once again a night?, anyone have any info on this?