North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 May 2016, 10:17 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I really thought they would of allocated something better than MPD's for the 33 especially when they'll be against Stagecoach's Gas buses! 

---

Just thinking with 4968 and 4973 blue so far... maybe they are for the 39?, as the PVR is 6 and i would think that 4969-4972 will Blue soon and with them being allocated Sania's from next week......

It was never confirmed that they would be heading to Percy Main for the 17.

I think you could be right Michael because if 4974 isn't being repainted there wouldn't be enough for the 17 anyway as I'm pretty sure the PVR is 7 for the 17.

Though the lighter red ones could be for the 17.
(15 May 2016, 10:30 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]I think you could be right Michael because if 4974 isn't being repainted there wouldn't be enough for the 17 anyway as I'm pretty sure the PVR is 7 for the 17.

Though the lighter red ones could be for the 17.

A return of the Doxford Clipper brand Wink 

I'm not sure on the PVR of the 17, however nothing is confirmed yet of where they will go... i do think some will end up Percy Main to replace the Duel Door versions, same as Riverside.
(15 May 2016, 10:46 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]A return of the Doxford Clipper brand Wink 

I'm not sure on the PVR of the 17, however nothing is confirmed yet of where they will go... i do think some will end up Percy Main to replace the Duel Door versions, same as Riverside.

Aye, its about time them duel door things went the journey to the great scrap man in the sky.
(15 May 2016, 11:56 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Aye, its about time them duel door things went the journey to the great scrap man in the sky.

It is!

2 buses should also go to "Washington" to replace 8270 and 8271.
3941 10s
Overheard a driver saying this today... From July the 17 will be replaced by the 80 around Holy Cross and the Rosehill estates as they are having too many problems with parked cars. The 80 won't serve Ridley Avenue/Coniston Road as a result of the changes.

And a new direct service from North Tyneside to Metrocentre.

No idea if it is true or not but the 80 around Holy Cross definitely sounds like it would be true as the 17 often has problems around there and sending it down the Rosehill bank would improve reliability a lot.
(18 May 2016, 5:00 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Overheard a driver saying this today... From July the 17 will be replaced by the 80 around Holy Cross and the Rosehill estates as they are having too many problems with parked cars. The 80 won't serve Ridley Avenue/Coniston Road as a result of the changes.

And a new direct service from North Tyneside to Metrocentre.

No idea if it is true or not but the 80 around Holy Cross definitely sounds like it would be true as the 17 often has problems around there and sending it down the Rosehill bank would improve reliability a lot.

I was expecting other area's to have upcoming changes, the same as the recent Sunderland ones, can't remember the last time North Tyne had any major changes.

A new direct service to the Metrocentre could be decent money for them, probables be weekend only.

Although it could be just driver talk, any changes for July should be coming on VOSA soon.
(18 May 2016, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I was expecting other area's to have upcoming changes, the same as the recent Sunderland ones, can't remember the last time North Tyne had any major changes.

Although it could be just driver talk, any changes for July should be coming on VOSA soon.

Could be but a lot of residents have complained about the double deckers on the 17 (they have knocked wing mirrors off on a couple of occasions too but that is mainly the fault of residents for parking their cars in stupid places) so sending the 80 round there makes perfect sense really. I don't think North Tyneside has had any major changes since about 2010, I think the 1 will stay the same (maybe the short Gateshead ones terminating in Newcastle if they are putting a bus to Metrocentre on?), and the 9, 19 and 309/310 should stay the same too.

And yeah a lot of people go to the Metrocentre so a direct bus will be much better. Probably be Sat/Sun and possibly school holidays too though that might cause confusion.
(18 May 2016, 5:25 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Could be but a lot of residents have complained about the double deckers on the 17 (they have knocked wing mirrors off on a couple of occasions too but that is mainly the fault of residents for parking their cars in stupid places) so sending the 80 round there makes perfect sense really. I don't think North Tyneside has had any major changes since about 2010, I think the 1 will stay the same (maybe the short Gateshead ones terminating in Newcastle if they are putting a bus to Metrocentre on?), and the 9, 19 and 309/310 should stay the same too.

And yeah a lot of people go to the Metrocentre so a direct bus will be much better. Probably be Sat/Sun and possibly school holidays too though that might cause confusion.

Just a suggestion, but instead of having a short 1 to Gateshead, you could maybe have a 1 to the MetroCentre, although possibly with a different service number, possibly 1B or 2.

Not certain what the passenger numbers are like on the short 1's between Gateshead and Newcastle?
(18 May 2016, 5:34 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just a suggestion, but instead of having a short 1 to Gateshead, you could maybe have a 1 to the MetroCentre, although possibly with a different service number, possibly 1B or 2.

Not certain what the passenger numbers are like on the short 1's between Gateshead and Newcastle?

They aren't that great really though the Wrekenton ones are normally busy - I wonder if they could have it running from North Shields via Howdon, Wallsend, Byker then down the Quayside as I'd imagine that would be very popular then have it going via the Centre link.
(18 May 2016, 5:25 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Could be but a lot of residents have complained about the double deckers on the 17 (they have knocked wing mirrors off on a couple of occasions too but that is mainly the fault of residents for parking their cars in stupid places) so sending the 80 round there makes perfect sense really. I don't think North Tyneside has had any major changes since about 2010, I think the 1 will stay the same (maybe the short Gateshead ones terminating in Newcastle if they are putting a bus to Metrocentre on?), and the 9, 19 and 309/310 should stay the same too.

It does, although i'm not from the area, I'll take your word for it Tongue

As for the rumored Metrocentre service, not sure what its route could be.
(18 May 2016, 5:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It does, although i'm not from the area, I'll take your word for it Tongue

As for the rumored Metrocentre service, not sure what its route could be.

My guess would be similar in style to the X88, Serve a few estates and then run direct down the A1058 into or round Newcastle City Centre then straight to the Metrocentre.
(18 May 2016, 7:55 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]My guess would be similar in style to the X88, Serve a few estates and then run direct down the A1058 into or round Newcastle City Centre then straight to the Metrocentre.
The old one (can't remember the number) used to go down the Quayside was which was way quicker as it was along the centrelink avoiding congestion in the city centre
(18 May 2016, 8:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]The old one (can't remember the number) used to go down the Quayside was which was way quicker as it was along the centrelink avoiding congestion in the city centre

Here's my proposal..

Service 1X North Sheilds - Metrocentre via Normal 1 route to Byker then after Byker Bridge takes a left turn down to the quayside and runs non-stop via the Centrelink to the Metrocentre.

Would serve more areas than a direct service I suppose. Frequency hourly on weekends and Fridays?
(18 May 2016, 8:07 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Here's my proposal..

Service 1X North Sheilds - Metrocentre via Normal 1 route to Byker then after Byker Bridge takes a left turn down to the quayside and runs non-stop via the Centrelink to the Metrocentre.

Would serve more areas than a direct service I suppose. Frequency hourly on weekends and Fridays?

Aye that's exactly what I would do - I think there would be a good amount of people using it to the Quayside too. 

Maybe just have it on weekends and see how it does, using a couple of the ex-Oxford renowns or B7s. Hopefully it is going ahead though and it's not just drivers talking a load of crap haha
(18 May 2016, 7:55 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]My guess would be similar in style to the X88, Serve a few estates and then run direct down the A1058 into or round Newcastle City Centre then straight to the Metrocentre.

If it does go in to Newcastle, not only does it maintain the frequency along the core route of the 1 north of the river - but it also opens up a little bit of competition with the 100 between Pilgrim Street and the Metrocentre.
Nexus are starting to put the new timetables up for this weeks changes.
(18 May 2016, 8:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]The old one (can't remember the number) used to go down the Quayside was which was way quicker as it was along the centrelink avoiding congestion in the city centre

X67
(20 May 2016, 1:32 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]X67

They did an X68 service between Tynemouth and Metrocentre, using ROUTE 19 branded Scanias, but it wasn't very well marketed and inevitably was cut.  Before that, the 301/302 used to serve the Metrocentre on a weekend, until it became Coaster when the link was severed - it was the only service to operate past Kingsmeadow School in Dunston too.
Asked a driver tonight about the changes in North Tyneside and he said they are happening (3rd one I've heard). Apparently the 17A is going to the Metrocentre and the 17 will operate from Cramlington/Asda to Wallsend I'm gathering. He also said that the 80 would be replacing the 19 or something but no idea how much that'll work. Never normally speak to drivers but this one was canny so thought I'd ask.

Sound very interesting though probs see stuff on vosa in the next couple of weeks