North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the Q3 and the new service 11, do you think there'll be changes to the North Tyne Saver to allow travel on these services? Still feel a little cheated that you can't travel to Gateshead on the 1, but it lets you travel to Blyth on the 309.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
(11 Jun 2016, 2:54 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]!!!! The Q3 is changing, maybe no versas!!!!

I think you may be giving yourself false hope there (and every other time you have mentioned wanting the Versas off the Q3). I doubt it is going to happen anytime soon.
(11 Jun 2016, 5:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I think you may be giving yourself false hope there (and every other time you have mentioned wanting the Versas off the Q3). I doubt it is going to happen anytime soon.

Use the 46 if you dont like versas
Lbiglugs@yahoo.com
Use the 46 if you dont like versas

Only goes to the Melbury part of Great Park, I live at Brunton Grange
(11 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Excellent sending the Q3 to Wallsend! That was a massive surprise, didn't expect that. Probably use Versas off the Citylink but they are nice haha.

Wonder what way it will operate? Via Walker Riverside?

I don't care Big Grin 
I hope Walker following Walker Road, or it will go up Cut Bank and through Byker diverging off and missing out St Peters Basin. 
If it has to use Versas I won't mide if it is the CityLink ones, I hope either citaros or omnicities but that won't happen.
Also the Q3 is also being re routed through Great Park because they have started construction of the new town centre which will mean the turning circle will be built on, therefore buses will operate anti-clockwise doing the following route north of the A1:
Rosedon Way-Sir Bobby Robson Way-SAGE-Wagonway Drive-Rosedon Way operating hail&ride a long Rosedon Way past the community centre
Me is very excited and happy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
When do you think all these changes will be announced then?
(11 Jun 2016, 8:46 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]When do you think all these changes will be announced then?
With the other changes, I find it interesting and I never thought I would see the day when GNE had considerably more services in Wallsend than stagecoach Angel
(11 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]With the other changes, I find it interesting and I never thought I would see the day when GNE had considerably more services in Wallsend than stagecoach Angel

It seems GNE are now trying to compete in the Newcastle Cross City range now, Adds a bit more variety to the scene.
(11 Jun 2016, 8:54 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]It seems GNE are now trying to compete in the Newcastle Cross City range now, Adds a bit more variety to the scene.

Hopefully Versa free aswell Tongue
Wonder if the 1 will be cut in some way then? Seems a lot if they are having 10 buses a hour Wallsend-Newcastle!

(11 Jun 2016, 5:32 pm)MVK 500R wrote [ -> ]With the Q3 and the new service 11, do you think there'll be changes to the North Tyne Saver to allow travel on these services? Still feel a little cheated that you can't travel to Gateshead on the 1, but it lets you travel to Blyth on the 309.

Hopefully! They need to cut the price of single tickets too as Stagecoach are about 50p cheaper!
(11 Jun 2016, 9:02 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Wonder if the 1 will be cut in some way then? Seems a lot if they are having 10 buses a hour Wallsend-Newcastle!

Hopefully! They need to cut the price of single tickets too as Stagecoach are about 50p cheaper!

I have been wondering about the 1.
Convinced it will be cut at some point beyond North Shields (if not Shields) and definitely route changes between Wallsend and the town, if the 11 is going along Shields Road
(11 Jun 2016, 9:21 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I have been wondering about the 1.
Convinced there it will be cut at some point beyond North Shields (if not Shields) and definitely route changes between Wallsend and the town, if the 11 is going along Shields Road

Yep I would say the 1s that currently terminate at Gateshead will be cut back to terminate at Wallsend. Then again it said route and timetable would be changing so not sure...? 1 gets busy between North Shields and Wallsend so I don't think a frequency of every 15 minutes would work. That would then free up a couple of omnicities, but not sure where they could go?  

The 1 and 11 could still combine to provide a bus every 15 minutes between Wallsend and Gateshead, and an improved 7/8 minute frequency between Newcastle and Wallsend with the 1/11/Q3. The Q3 makes up for the 11 not serving Quayside anyway Smile
Quite chuffed about the Q3. Means I won't have to walk up Gibson Street to catch the 1.

I was wondering whether the q3 and 11 operating between Wallsend and Newcastle has been introduced to compensate for a possible reduction in the 1 on that section of its route.
(11 Jun 2016, 9:59 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]I was wondering whether the q3 and 11 operating between Wallsend and Newcastle has been introduced to compensate for a possible reduction in the 1 on that section of its route.

1 is definitely running as far as Wrekenton still as the vosa registrations says it is and it would have to be cancelled I think to change the whole route. Probably have it running every 30 minutes.

Variation Accepted
Operating between WHITLEY BAY THE LINKS and WREKENTON HIGH STREET/KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 1/1A effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
PB0003954/649 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED117 QUEEN STREETGATESHEADNE8 2UA
(11 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]With the other changes, I find it interesting and I never thought I would see the day when GNE had considerably more services in Wallsend than stagecoach Angel

I remember a time when GNE had more services than Stagecoach in Wallsend. Think it's about even at the moment, but I think GNE still has more services than Stagecoach, not by much.

Though I'm guessing you're half my age, I'm 31 now and lived in the Wallsend area all my life, so I've seen things come and go around here and in other areas too.
(11 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]I remember a time when GNE had more services than Stagecoach in Wallsend. Think it's about even at the moment, but I think GNE still has more services than Stagecoach, not by much.

Though I'm guessing you're half my age, I'm 31 now and lived in the Wallsend area all my life, so I've seen things come and go around here and in other areas too.

He's less than half your age! Swap the figures in your age around! Then subtract a bit.

Nearly old enough to be your mum, btw, but only a passing knowledge of Wallsend, then and now.
I've also lived in Wallsend all my life, and these are the services I can remember:

Busways:

20: Wallsend - Benton

21/22 Wallsend - Throckley via Byker

34/35 Wallsend - Chapel House (I think)

49: Wallsend - Throckley via Cochrane Park and Gosforth

Go-Ahead Northern

301: Whitley Bay - Gateshead Metro and 1 bus an hour to the Metrocentre on Saturdays.

302: North Shields Ferry - Gateshead Metro.

304: Wallsend - Hadrian Park

305: Wallsend - Newcastle via Holy Cross and Hadrian Park

307: Wallsend - Newcastle via High Farm

319 Cramlington - Sunderland via Wallsend and Jarrow

321: Wallsend - High Farm

322: Wallsend - North Shields via Holy Cross

323: Wallsend - Benton Hypermarket

324: Wallsend - Wallsend via Willington Quay

337: Wallsend - Wallsend via High Farm

340/341 Wallsend - Wallsend circular via Battle Hill, Hadrian Park and Rosehill.

The 301 varied at lot. In the 80s it went to Kibblesworth, then when Metrocentre opened it went there (along with the 305). Then after a few years it only went on Saturdays (never dropped down to hourly). Then it stopped altogether, then it started going every day, then back to Saturdays before being stopped completely.
(11 Jun 2016, 9:43 pm)MVK 500R wrote [ -> ]Quite chuffed about the Q3. Means I won't have to walk up Gibson Street to catch the 1.

Not as chuffed as me Big Grin 

If they do cut the 1 the spare omnicities could go on the Q3 Angel