North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02 Apr 2015, 3:45 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Would these be them cbma06.

1. PB0002400/405 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Doxford, International, Admiral Way and Pennywell, Prestbury Road given service number 39/RM2 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
    PB0002400/419 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Houton Le Spring the Broadway and Heworth Metro given service number 4 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
    PB0002400/420 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Birtley Town Centre and Heworth metro given service number 82/82A/83A effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
    PB0002400/484 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Peterlee Bus Station given service number X7 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
    PB0002400/557 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Variation Accepted: Operating between CONCORD BUS STATION and WASHINGTON STEPHENSON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE given service number 982 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
    PB0002400/559 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
    • Registration Accepted
    • Starting Point: SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE
    • Finish Point: HOUGHTON-LE-SPRING
    • Via:
    • Service Number: 38
    • Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
    • Effective Date: 31-MAY-2015
    • Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY)

Any idea for the X7 change?
(02 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea for the X7 change?

Will probably just be a timetable change. Nothing big.
(02 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Some more registrations.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0003954/565 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET and HEBBURN TOWN CENTRE given service number 27X effective from 31-May-2015.

Sure Bazza will be pleased about the last one

Oh no.  Big Grin
(02 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Will probably just be a timetable change. Nothing big.

Hopefully not any more cuts to the route, maybe a earlier one?
(02 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Oh no.  Big Grin
Hahahaha Bazza isnt going to be happy, probably the only who uses it.
(02 Apr 2015, 4:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully not any more cuts to the route, maybe a earlier one?

X7 every 30 minutes lol (wishful thinking)   Angel 
(02 Apr 2015, 4:10 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Hahahaha Bazza isnt going to be happy, probably the only who uses it.
Never seen more than a small handful of passengers on it.
(02 Apr 2015, 4:11 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]X7 every 30 minutes lol (wishful thinking)   Angel 
Would be brilliant, doubt it though.
(02 Apr 2015, 4:11 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]X7 every 30 minutes lol (wishful thinking)   Angel 

Note it's only the Sunderland to Peterlee section of route
(02 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Note it's only the Sunderland to Peterlee section of route

Since its past, im guessing that you are being serious? I'm still nervous off yesterday Tongue 
If the X7 goes to a 30 minute frequency between Peterlee and Sunderland then GNE can use the spare WTX citario, and it will probably run about 7 minutes in front of Arriva X21 from Sunderland and from Peterlee?
(02 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]If the X7 goes to a 30 minute frequency then GNE can use the spare WTX citario, and it will probably run about 7 minutes in front of Arriva X21 from Sunderland and from Peterlee?

Maybe 5332 will be used as a spare then?
(02 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]If the X7 goes to a 30 minute frequency between Peterlee and Sunderland then GNE can use the spare WTX citario, and it will probably run about 7 minutes in front of Arriva X21 from Sunderland and from Peterlee?

Tbh, i'm not even sure how well the X7 does with passenger numbers.

Hopefully they are just adding a couple more runs, maybe every 30 mins at peak times?
(02 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Note it's only the Sunderland to Peterlee section of route
I not sure how the service would work for times for journeys running between Peterlee and Sunderland only as the current journey time is 30 minutes. The things they could do to make it work is cut the running time or run a shorter route.

Although it is good if it is going up to every 30 minutes. The ones I saw yesterday were carrying good loads. Unless it is other changes on this section only.
The 238 and 38 is an interesting one.
Not sure if it is an error, but the 38 on the VOSA link, is terminating at Houghton (not Rainton Bridge).

Does that mean they are running the 238 to Fencehouses during the day?
(02 Apr 2015, 7:57 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I not sure how the service would work for times for journeys running between Peterlee and Sunderland only as the current journey time is 30 minutes. The things they could do to make it work is cut the running time or run a shorter route.

Although it is good if it is going up to every 30 minutes. The ones I saw yesterday were carrying good loads. Unless it is other changes on this section only.

How do you shorten the journey time without altering the route? Having only used the service once, I'm not familiar with its stopping arrangements. Does it serve every stop between Sunderland and Peterlee? If it doesn't serve every stop between Sunderland and Peterlee then I fail to see how time can be reduced without drastically altering the route. 

Of course all this assumes the frequency of service X7 is going to be increased...

(03 Apr 2015, 9:39 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The 238 and 38 is an interesting one.
Not sure if it is an error, but the 38 on the VOSA link, is terminating at Houghton (not Rainton Bridge).

Too many buses going to Fencehouses these days. Looks like all the complaints, comments and jokes have paid off at last  Wink
(03 Apr 2015, 9:39 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The 238 and 38 is an interesting one.

Not sure on why it only has the 38 to Houghton, like you said it could be a mistake.

The current 79A only goes to Fencehouses on a late evening.... i think they'll stick to that...

We'll have to wait for the timetable, not sure how the service is gonna work, as it looks like the 38C will still run?...(unless it was 38/38C the last VOSA registration?) 
(03 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]How do you shorten the journey time without altering the route? Having only used the service once, I'm not familiar with its stopping arrangements. Does it serve every stop between Sunderland and Peterlee? If it doesn't serve every stop between Sunderland and Peterlee then I fail to see how time can be reduced without drastically altering the route. 

Of course all this assumes the frequency of service X7 is going to be increased...

Too many buses going to Fencehouses these days. Looks like all the complaints, comments and jokes have paid off at last  Wink

The X7 only stops certain stops along the way, i think it'll be an early time/hopefully a later run, or a Sunday service... Tongue 
(03 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The X7 only stops certain stops along the way, i think it'll be an early time/hopefully a later run, or a Sunday service... Tongue 

It only stops at Essington Way, Dawdon Business Park, Seaham and Grangetown between Peterlee and Sunderland.
(03 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]How do you shorten the journey time without altering the route? Having only used the service once, I'm not familiar with its stopping arrangements. Does it serve every stop between Sunderland and Peterlee? If it doesn't serve every stop between Sunderland and Peterlee then I fail to see how time can be reduced without drastically altering the route. 

These are the stoping points from the timetable between Peterlee Bus Station:
Peterlee Bus Station, Peterlee Essington Way/Yoden Road junction, Peterlee Essington Way/Crawford Avenue junction, Peterlee Essington Way/Stephenson Road junction, Dawdon Business Park (East Cliff Road & South Shore Road), Seaham Sea Front (Byron Place), Grangetown Stockton Terrace and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange.

You could decrease the journey time simply by taking a few minutes out of the timetable, I don't know how possible it would be to do this though.

I'm not certain it will become half hourly myself, I think it will just end being small changes on this section as although only the Peterlee to Sunderland section appeared on VOSA yesterday it is always possible the Peterlee - Middlesbrough section will appear on there next week.
(03 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The X7 only stops certain stops along the way, i think it'll be an early time/hopefully a later run, or a Sunday service... Tongue 

(03 Apr 2015, 12:29 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ] 
It only stops at Essington Way, Dawdon Business Park, Seaham and Grangetown between Peterlee and Sunderland.

Which means the route would have to altered to accommodate a frequency of 30 minutes with a PVR of one. The current route could be kept but would probability need a PVR of two to guarantee reliability from scheduling point of view. This would mean a lengthy layover at either end. Of course I don't know how long it usually takes in either direction between Sunderland and Peterlee. I gather the timetable allows 30 minutes but if it usually done in less time a PVR of one may suffice for most of the day except for peak-times.

An additional run or a Sunday service like Michael suggests may be more likely.