North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 Jul 2015, 9:36 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]They seem to be gaining a few again after loosing quite a lot.

They already operated those ones, they are just being amended.
Wonder when the changes to the 9,X36,X70/X71,45,46,V8/808 are posted, they're changing them on 30.8.15?
(29 Jul 2015, 9:42 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder when the changes to the 9,X36,X70/X71,45,46,V8/808 are posted, they're changing them on 30.8.15?

I'm not even sure what they will be - do you think the Newcastle X36 runs will be withdrawn as when I've saw them they are always more or less empty.Not sure about the Downhill-Sunderland section though.
(29 Jul 2015, 9:36 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]They seem to be gaining a few again after loosing quite a lot.

That is just a variation Michael! It will have something to do with the withdrawl of the 884 and the rerouting of a few others that Marcus mentioned a few weeks ago.
(29 Jul 2015, 9:43 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'm not even sure what they will be - do you think the Newcastle X36 runs will be withdrawn as when I've saw them they are always more or less empty.Not sure about the Downhill-Sunderland section though.

I think someone said the 9 was due to it not interworking with scholars no more (sorry can't remember who). 

The X36 - no idea, maybe hourly through the full route, maybe that could be the reason why some of the X36 buses have every 60 minutes on the side.

Edit: Updated post to add extra bits! lol
(29 Jul 2015, 9:45 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I think someone said the 9 was due to it not interworking with scholars no more (sorry can't remember who). 

The X36 - no idea, maybe hourly through the full route, maybe that could be the reason why some of the X36 buses have every 60 minutes on the side.

Edit: Updated post to add extra bits! lol

Ah right that might be it yeah as some do terminate at Boldon Asda so I'd imagine these would continue to Jarrow as normal.

Not sure about the rest really.
(29 Jul 2015, 9:47 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah right that might be it yeah as some do terminate at Boldon Asda so I'd imagine these would continue to Jarrow as normal.

Not sure either but when i have seen it lately its being empty although the 8pm one towards Newcastle on a Friday used to have decent passenger numbers, i'll say it might become an hourly service.......  PVR will be 2, dropping from 3....with 4955 getting repainted (oldest branded one)
(29 Jul 2015, 9:47 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah right that might be it yeah as some do terminate at Boldon Asda so I'd imagine these would continue to Jarrow as normal.

Does the 9 need to be every 15 minutes between Sunderland & Jarrow anyway, always quiet when i've seen it!
(29 Jul 2015, 12:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does the 9 need to be every 15 minutes between Sunderland & Jarrow anyway, always quiet when i've seen it!

Yeah I'd say it does as it can get busy. However they need to sort the timetable out as the often run together so there is no point in having a service every 15 minutes.
(29 Jul 2015, 12:07 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah I'd say it does as it can get busy. However they need to sort the timetable out as the often run together so there is no point in having a service every 15 minutes.

Maybe give the service more time for layover although that may put the PVR up by 1?
(29 Jul 2015, 12:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Maybe give the service more time for layover although that may put the PVR up by 1?

Only thing I could think of it having them interwork at Sunderland, so Percy Main operate some shorts, and Deptford operate some to North Shields.

The only alterations that I am aware of is that the 884 is being withdrawn, and I think the 887 is being re-routed to not serve Great Lumley, meaning students should use the 888 as an alternative. I can't remember the exact details when I was handed the letter.
(29 Jul 2015, 12:33 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Only thing I could think of it having them interwork at Sunderland, so Percy Main operate some shorts, and Deptford operate some to North Shields.

Maybe, or just withdraw the School only journeys, the ones which stop at Asda?
(29 Jul 2015, 5:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Maybe, or just withdraw the School only journeys, the ones which stop at Asda?

I think thats what they'll do yeah.
(29 Jul 2015, 5:13 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I think thats what they'll do yeah.

I would think changes will be posted next week, its month tomorrow till the changes.
PB0003954/647 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Metro Centre Coach Park,
Finish Point: Newcastle City Centre
Via:
Service Number: Rugby World Soccerbus X50
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 03-OCT-2015
Other Details: 3,9 & 10 October 2015 only
PB0003954/375 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and The Dene given service number V5/V6 effective from 14-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
One off yesterday:

PB0002400/450 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange given service number 700/701 effective from 12-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

Will be its term timetable returning - not going to Roker and back to every 15minutes.
When will the changes to the 9 and X36 be posted, they change on the 30th August.
Intresting...

PB0003954/364 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Consett Bus Station given service number X70/X71/X72 effective from 30-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.