North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03 May 2016, 7:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I hope they all don't go to Riverside... Deptford should keep at 1 as a spare for the 2/2A.

What if they are all allocated to another service?
(03 May 2016, 7:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]What if they are all allocated to another service?

It depends what service and where... Wink

In all honesty, i don't think should all go to Riverside as spares, if thats happening...

Nothing confirmed though.

If not spares then:

2 to Crook for the 18
1 spare at Deptford
1 spare at Riverside
(03 May 2016, 7:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]What if they are all allocated to another service?

33?
(03 May 2016, 7:55 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]33?

Could well be.

As we know the 2/2A and 33 all go to Silksworth, so it could be a good idea to have them all under 1 brand for the same corridor, just like the 5 and 50.

Not sure on the new PVR for the 33 though... Maybe 3?

Leaving 1 spare at Deptford.
(03 May 2016, 7:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I hope they all don't go to Riverside... Deptford should keep at 1 as a spare for the 2/2A.

You can have them, I REALLY don't want Riverside to get them
(03 May 2016, 7:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Could well be.

As we know the 2/2A and 33 all go to Silksworth, so it could be a good idea to have them all under 1 brand for the same corridor, just like the 5 and 50.

Not sure on the new PVR for the 33 though... Maybe 3?

Leaving 1 spare at Deptford.

Thought Dan said the 33 wouldn't be incorporated into simplicity brand?
(03 May 2016, 8:34 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]You can have them, I REALLY don't want Riverside to get them

Nah, the Quaylink's should have Citaro's Imo, let Deptford have 8310-8318, then 8328-8338.
(03 May 2016, 8:48 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Nah, the Quaylink's should have Citaro's Imo, let Deptford have 8310-8318, then 8328-8338.

Citaros not a bit overkill power & comfort wise for a local route?
(03 May 2016, 8:48 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Nah, the Quaylink's should have Citaro's Imo, let Deptford have 8310-8318, then 8328-8338.

I have had 5332 on the Q3 three or four times before and I have done a round trip (Great Park-Great Park) and it coped well. It also has a higher passenger capacity and bodes well on the 07:51 journey Monday-Friday from Great Park, people are often refused on this service due to extreme passenger use. 3963 isn't as good for QuayLink in my opinion.

(03 May 2016, 8:54 pm)James101 wrote [ -> ]Citaros not a bit overkill power & comfort wise for a local route?

Nah, not really, they have good ride over the cobbles on the Quayside
(03 May 2016, 8:58 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I have had 5332 on the Q3 three or four times before and I have done a round trip (Great Park-Great Park) and it coped well. It also has a higher passenger capacity and bodes well on the 07:51 journey Monday-Friday from Great Park, people are often refused on this service due to extreme passenger use. 3963 isn't as good for QuayLink in my opinion.

We had it on for five days straight once, I coped much better than any Quaylink. To be fair, it isn't bad when 5389 or 5390 go on.
(03 May 2016, 8:58 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Nah, not really, they have good ride over the cobbles on the Quayside

I would use the same point to argue the opposite! 

Nothing is going to be particularly comfortable over the cobbles so GNE might as well allocate something which already bangs and rattles rather than break the better buses on the rough roads!

As a side note I'd reccomend a ride on Lothian route 36 if you're interested in an extended ride along cobbled roads!
(03 May 2016, 8:47 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Thought Dan said the 33 wouldn't be incorporated into simplicity brand?

I don't remember, its just speculation and suggestions.. plans can change though.
(03 May 2016, 8:47 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Thought Dan said the 33 wouldn't be incorporated into simplicity brand?

Who knows, without someone saying what the confirmed allocations will be or there keeping the new allocations to themselves and not releasing the info to other members, I'm sure this site is to share information.
(03 May 2016, 9:28 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Who knows, without someone saying what the confirmed allocations will be or there keeping the new allocations to themselves and not releasing the info to other members, I'm sure this site is to share information.

It is - but there's also a fine line which mustn't be crossed... Company employees releasing certain information could potentially be considered as commercially sensitive information and discussing such things on the public domain may or may not be covered under a company's social media policy. I'm not suggesting that it's the case in this instance, but hypothetically speaking, those four vehicles could be re-allocated to a service competing with another company, and if 'insiders' from another company read it, it would allow them time to formulate plans to retaliate.

We have never had a company employee present on this forum who would confirm information weeks/months in advance. Over the years, we've had various people suggesting bits and pieces. That will never change, for the above reasons.
The upcoming Sunderland changes now have the GNE style for the timetables.

Only change is, the timetable for the 2/2A/39, which now has them down as Go North East and NOT Simplicity.

Rest remain the same, surprised to see the "Fast Cats" remaining on the X36, thought it would of be dropped.
In fairness - and being only slightly flippant - having looked at the 2/2a/39 timetable, 'simplicity' wasn't the first word which came into my head...

Congestion really must play a massive part in this area?
(05 May 2016, 6:20 pm)JakeSavage wrote [ -> ]In fairness - and being only slightly flippant - having looked at the 2/2a/39 timetable, 'simplicity' wasn't the first word which came into my head...

Congestion really must play a massive part in this area?

It does, the culprit is Chester road, the Broadway in Sunderland on a morning and evening, some nights you can wait ages, its worse during school term though.

I try and avoid that road when i can.
The Q3 is being diverted due to Bridge repairs on Brunton Lane for two weeks from 9/5/16.
A free shuttle service will serve Brunton Lane and Rosedon Way, as the service will run non-stop Sir Bobby Robson Way to Great North Road Glamis Avenue via Great Park Way and the B1318.
(03 May 2016, 9:06 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]We had it on for five days straight once, I coped much better than any Quaylink. To be fair, it isn't bad when 5389 or 5390 go on.

I agree, 5390 is one of GNE's best buses so are the CityLink batch, all the other Versas are bad though
(05 May 2016, 7:51 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I agree, 5390 is one of GNE's best buses so are the CityLink batch, all the other Versas are bad though

A couple of the Citylink example's aren't the best Imo, 5379 (iirc) was one example, I think 5386 was another, however I may be wrong.