North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Jun 2016, 9:03 am)peter wrote [ -> ]Isn't a versa a midibus? While a minibus is a Solo SR or an MPD?

Yes
Some info about the changes:

Service 10/10A/10B (Hexham/Blackhall Mill/Prudhoe Rail Station – Ryton – Blaydon – Metrocentre – Newcastle)
Revised timetable to better reflect actual journey times. Service 10A extended hourly from Rockwood Hill Estate (Mon – Sat daytime) to serve High Spen, Chopwell and Blackhall Mill replacing withdrawn Service 11 over this section.

Service 11 (Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Greenside – Crawcrook – Ryton – Blaydon – Newcastle)
Service withdrawn due to low passenger usage. Revised services 10A and 12/12A provide partial replacement facilities.

NEW SERVICE 11/11A/11X (Metrocentre – Lobley Hill – Gateshead – Newcastle – Wallsend – Royal Quays – Whitley Bay)
New service replacing the current 96/96A between Newcastle and the Metrocentre and then extended to Wallsend, Royal Quays and Whitley Bay providing new links. Monday to Friday peak AM journeys will operate as 11X between Dunston, Lobley Hill, Gateshead, Newcastle and onto Cobalt providing replacement for withdrawn 58X trips.
(08 Jun 2016, 5:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Some info about the changes:

Service 10/10A/10B (Hexham/Blackhall Mill/Prudhoe Rail Station – Ryton – Blaydon – Metrocentre – Newcastle)
Revised timetable to better reflect actual journey times. Service 10A extended hourly from Rockwood Hill Estate (Mon – Sat daytime) to serve High Spen, Chopwell and Blackhall Mill replacing withdrawn Service 11 over this section.

Service 11 (Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Greenside – Crawcrook – Ryton – Blaydon – Newcastle)
Service withdrawn due to low passenger usage. Revised services 10A and 12/12A provide partial replacement facilities.

NEW SERVICE 11/11A/11X (Metrocentre – Lobley Hill – Gateshead – Newcastle – Wallsend – Royal Quays – Whitley Bay)
New service replacing the current 96/96A between Newcastle and the Metrocentre and then extended to Wallsend, Royal Quays and Whitley Bay providing new links. Monday to Friday peak AM journeys will operate as 11X between Dunston, Lobley Hill, Gateshead, Newcastle and onto Cobalt providing replacement for withdrawn 58X trips.

Sounds quite good, looks like the PVR will go up on the TEN.

11/11A/11X - Scania's?
So what would happen to the current 11A

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
(08 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sounds quite good, looks like the PVR will go up on the TEN.

11/11A/11X - Scania's?

As long as there isn't that awful metrocentre branding on them like intu have chosen for X66 & S1
(08 Jun 2016, 6:24 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]So what would happen to the current 11A

That getting withdrawn also
(08 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]As long as there isn't that awful metrocentre branding on them like intu have chosen for X66 & S1

It wouldn't make sense to dedicate the route branding of the 11 service to the Metrocentre - it's one hell of a route, with much more to offer than links to the Metrocentre!
(08 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sounds quite good, looks like the PVR will go up on the TEN.

11/11A/11X - Scania's?

I'm not sure.

I believe the 58 is being reduced to every 12 minutes so I wonder if the Versas will be used on the 42?
(08 Jun 2016, 6:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It wouldn't make sense to dedicate the route branding of the 11 service to the Metrocentre - it's one hell of a route, with much more to offer than links to the Metrocentre!

Fingers crossed for centurion  Big Grin
(08 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Fingers crossed for centurion  Big Grin

Fingers crossed it's not Centurion!

Out with the old, in with the new...
(08 Jun 2016, 6:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Fingers crossed it's not Centurion!

Out with the old, in with the new...

Awww I think it would look good on the blue base
(08 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure.

I believe the 58 is being reduced to every 12 minutes so I wonder if the Versas will be used on the 42?

Surprised as i always thought the 58 was one of their busiest services.....then again, they dropped the 56 down to every 12 minutes.
(08 Jun 2016, 5:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Some info about the changes:

Where did you find this out?
It's ok, found it on the Crawcrook newspage. Wonder how they managed to get a hold of that information though?
(08 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Where did you find this out?

My grandma lives on the route and she had a letter through the door or something about it, then I checked the facebook page and it was on there.

She is not pleased that about it as the 11 provides a way faster link than the 10 to Newcastle.  Wonder how the 10 will cope as when I get it there it's busy enough!
(08 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Where did you find this out?

My grandma lives on the route and she had a letter through the door or something about it, then I checked the facebook page and it was on there.

She is not pleased that much about it as the 11 provides a way faster link than the 10 to Newcastle.  Wonder how the 10 will cope as when I get it there it's busy enough!

(08 Jun 2016, 7:37 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]It's ok, found it on the Crawcrook newspage. Wonder how they managed to get a hold of that information though?

Exactly what I was thinking...  Huh
(08 Jun 2016, 7:40 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]My grandma lives on the route and she had a letter through the door or something about it, then I checked the facebook page and it was on there.

She is not pleased that about it as the 11 provides a way faster link than the 10 to Newcastle.  Wonder how the 10 will cope as when I get it there it's busy enough!

Wonder where the extra bus will come from for the TEN as it looks like the PVR might increase...
(08 Jun 2016, 7:44 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder where the extra bus will come from for the TEN as it looks like the PVR might increase...

God knows they don't even have enough B9s to cover the PVR anyway do they?
(08 Jun 2016, 7:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]God knows they don't even have enough B9s to cover the PVR anyway do they?

With 6084, they do. If any of the Tyne Tees Xpress Volvo B9TLs are VOR, 6084 should be allocated to the X9/X10 as preference (with a B7 Gemini filling the void on TEN).
(08 Jun 2016, 7:50 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]With 6084, they do. If any of the Tyne Tees Xpress Volvo B9TLs are VOR, 6084 should be allocated to the X9/X10 as preference (with a B7 Gemini filling the void on TEN).

Maybe the Cobalt Clipper frequency is being reduced so one of them B9s will move to the TEN?

I'd imagine the 10A extension will only need 1 bus anyway