North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enchanted Parks – 9-13 December 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/enchanted-parks-2015
(02 Dec 2015, 12:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Enchanted Parks – 9-13 December 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/enchanted-parks-2015

PB0003954/672 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Gateshead Interchange
Finish Point: Low Fell, Durham Road
Via:
Service Number: EP1
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 09-DEC-2015
Other Details: 9th to 13th December 2015 only for the Enchanted Park Event

--------------

The camel procession takes place in South Shields on Friday 4 December between 5 and 6.30pm, with temporary closures on Ocean Road and Sea Road.
This will affect one journey in each direction on Service 516.
4.14pm ex-South Shields - on return from South Tyneside Hospital, service will operate normal to Coast Road, then via Bents Park Road, Beach Road, Anderson Street and then normal route on Winchester Road due at Shields at 5.12pm.
17:15 ex-South Shields operate normally until Winchester Street, then via Anderson Street, Beach Road, Bents Park Road and normal from Coast Road to hospital, returning from Hospital as above.

lmao why is that funny?
http://www.simplygo.com/news/resurfacing...crossroads

Durham County Council has informed us at short notice that Edmonsdley Crossroads will be closed in full or in part between 9.30am and 3.30pm from Monday 7 to Friday 11 December.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to serve Blackhouse, Edmondsley and Daisy Hill at certain times on different days.

Monday 7, Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 December

The crossroads will be closed completely between 9.30am and 3.30pm. Services 16 and 16A will run between Craghead Punch Bowl and Sacriston Crossroads, stopping only at Waldridge Road in Chester-le-Street to connect with a shuttle bus. This will add about 15 minutes to your journey time, so please travel earlier if you can. From Durham, services 16 and 16A will still provide a bus every 15 minutes, but at different times, so please allow an extra 15 minutes for your journey if travelling north of Sacriston. Service X25 will run non-stop between Waldridge Park Estate and Sacriston Crossroads.

A free shuttle minibus will be provided by Durham County Council every 15 minutes from Edmondsley (a temporary stop on Walridge Fell Road, near the start of the road closure) to Waldridge Park (Waldridge Road). Passengers from Blackhouse can use a Demand Responsive Service – pre-book via the Durham County Council Travel Response Service, tel. 03000 269999.

Tuesday 8 December

The crossroads will be partially open. Services 16 and 16A will run non-stop between Craghead Punch Bowl and Edmondsley Crossroads. This will add about 15 minutes to your journey time, so please travel earlier if you can. From Durham, services 16 and 16A will still provide a bus every 15 minutes, but at different times, so please allow an extra 15 minutes for your journey if travelling north of Edmondsley Crossroads. Service X25 will be able to run its normal route. Passengers from Blackhouse can use a Demand Responsive Service – pre-book via the Durham County Council Travel Response Service, tel. 03000 269999.

Friday 11 December

The crossroads will be open to north-south bus services, but not to/from Waldridge. Services 16 and 16A are planned to run normal route, but Service X25 will be diverted, running non-stop between Waldridge Park Estate and Sacriston Crossroads. A free shuttle minibus will be provided by Durham County Council from Edmondsley (a temporary stop on Waldridge Fell Road, near the start of the road closure) to Waldridge Park (Waldridge Road) to connect with the X25.
The signs have been up regarding this closure since the 28th November at least (probably) - for Go North East only to be finding out and posting something now because the council havent contacted them about it is quite poor.
(03 Dec 2015, 7:49 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The signs have been up regarding this closure since the 28th November at least (probably) - for Go North East only to be finding out and posting something now because the council havent contacted them about it is quite poor.

I've said it time and time again for years - the local councils are absolutely dreadful at communicating things to key stakeholders. They're good at putting signs up - but what use is that to the people in bus companies who have to make arrangements for diversions and revised timetables?

It's appalling that the council contacted Go North East at such short notice - especially when it will result in the PVR of the affected services rising by two vehicles, and cause a great deal of disruption to bus passengers.
Anyone any guess of when the next GNE service changes will be? Not that there will necessarily be major changes next time, but do GNE tend to have fixed changes dates that they use every year?
(03 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Anyone any guess of when the next GNE service changes will be? Not that there will necessarily be major changes next time, but do GNE tend to have fixed changes dates that they use every year?

Past couple of years it has been at the end of January, so guessing around that time.
(03 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Anyone any guess of when the next GNE service changes will be? Not that there will necessarily be major changes next time, but do GNE tend to have fixed changes dates that they use every year?

I would guess around March, if any major changes were planned for January or February were planned they would of been on VOSA by now (56 days rule), unless they are weeks behind...

For the area, i'm not sure, maybe Tyneside.

Edit: i think my maths is wrong... haha
Not upcoming, but in effect - the diversions of Tynedale Links to serve ALDI (and the adjacent Tesco with a short walk).
I can now spend the full 30 minutes in ALDI (previously I had to walk from the Railway Station and back there within the same 30 minutes), and if the first bus was running late . . . 

So I now have a service that is useful - although only once per day.

[Image: thumbsup.png]
(03 Dec 2015, 7:49 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The signs have been up regarding this closure since the 28th November at least (probably) - for Go North East only to be finding out and posting something now because the council havent contacted them about it is quite poor.

It appears to have been on the website since at least then too.
http://www.durham.gov.uk/roadworks

Operators have spoken about building a partnership scheme with local LA's, however partnership work and stakeholder involvement isn't just about waiting for one body to approach the other.

However, maybe it is worth operators being proactive and finding out in advance, without having to rely on local authorities?
It took me 20 seconds to find that closure as well as a few more minutes, finding works that will cause delay or diversion to a whole range of services across the county.

If I was working for a road haulage operator or passenger transport company, I could disseminate that in moments - enabling the planning of rotas, allocations etc for the next however many weeks.
Heck, I could even speak to contacts in the local authority, build relationships with contractors or utility firms and get things moving well in advance.
Without having to wait for a phone call and be completely ignorant of the works when mentioned.
I may even get drivers involved and enable a process that would involve the sharing and recording of information, so it can be reported back to a higher level - rather than just discussed amongst themselves in the canteen.

Where is Andy Clifford when you need him Wink
(04 Dec 2015, 12:28 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]However, maybe it is worth operators being proactive and finding out in advance, without having to rely on local authorities?
It took me 20 seconds to find that closure as well as a few more minutes, finding works that will cause delay or diversion to a whole range of services across the county.

If I was working for a road haulage operator or passenger transport company, I could disseminate that in moments - enabling the planning of rotas, allocations etc for the next however many weeks.
Heck, I could even speak to contacts in the local authority, build relationships with contractors or utility firms and get things moving well in advance.
Without having to wait for a phone call and be completely ignorant of the works when mentioned.
I may even get drivers involved and enable a process that would involve the sharing and recording of information, so it can be reported back to a higher level - rather than just discussed amongst themselves in the canteen.

There are road closures (that have to be applied for) that either never materialise or are significantly shorter than the notice.
It needs 'informed contact' between the contractor and the operator (or the local authority).
Of course it is sensible to make contingency plans to cover both the planned closure as well as the actual closure and then implement the appropriate 'diversions' or alternative (shuttle) buses.
(04 Dec 2015, 12:52 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]There are road closures (that have to be applied for) that either never materialise or are significantly shorter than the notice.
It needs 'informed contact' between the contractor and the operator (or the local authority).
Of course it is sensible to make contingency plans to cover both the planned closure as well as the actual closure and then implement the appropriate 'diversions' or alternative (shuttle) buses.

Exactly that.

Those works at Edmondsley, will have been planned and budgeted well in advance of any road signs. No doubt it will have appeared on the website more than a few weeks before the works too.

An informed contact, will know exactly when the works are planned for and can advise of any delays, revisions or changes to plans.
Unless the relationship between organisations has broken down in the past Angel
New timetables for services 201 and X35 from January 3rd 2016.

201: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...NE_201.pdf

X35: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...NE_X35.pdf
(06 Dec 2015, 12:44 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]New timetables for services 201 and X35 from January 3rd 2016.

201:  http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...NE_201.pdf

X35:  http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...NE_X35.pdf

Any idea on the changes, not on the computer so can't compare the timetables. (Can only have 1 PDF open at a time on my phone)
(06 Dec 2015, 12:56 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea on the changes, not on the computer so can't compare the timetables. (Can only have 1 PDF open at a time on my phone)

nPower supported evening journeys withdrawn on service 201 (20:15 from Bracken Hill on Monday - Friday and 18:15 from Bracken Hill on Saturdays) and X35 (20:27 from Peterlee on Monday to Friday).
(06 Dec 2015, 1:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]nPower supported evening journeys withdrawn on service 201 (20:15 from Bracken Hill on Monday - Friday and 18:15 from Bracken Hill on Saturdays)  and X35 (20:27 from Peterlee on Monday to Friday).

Thanks Dan.
(09 Dec 2015, 11:15 am)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Coach services linking Ashington and South Shields to London awarded to Go North East

This will be a blow to jh coaches, they currently operate the ashington to london routes.
(09 Dec 2015, 11:15 am)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Coach services linking Ashington and South Shields to London awarded to Go North East
(09 Dec 2015, 11:32 am)wise owl wrote [ -> ]This will be a blow to jh coaches, they currently operate the ashington to london routes.

This brings me to an interesting query:

At present, Go North East operate certain 425/426 workings while JH Coaches of course working the 425/435 and 426/436 cycle (down to London as 425 or 426 and back as 435 or 436, and likewise in the opposite order). Is this new '5 year contract' for the 425/426/435/436 workings presently run by JH Coaches after Yourbus was kicked off National Express work, or is it just a renewal of the present turns GNE have run since National Express took a large chuck of Yourbus' work back from them in late 2013 (anyone notice a pattern there Wink - it's always Yourbus)
(09 Dec 2015, 11:43 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]This brings me to an interesting query:

At present, Go North East operate certain 425/426 workings while JH Coaches of course working the 425/435 and 426/436 cycle (down to London as 425 or 426 and back as 435 or 436, and likewise in the opposite order). Is this new '5 year contract' for the 425/426/435/436 workings presently run by JH Coaches after Yourbus was kicked off National Express work, or is it just a renewal of the present turns GNE have run since National Express took a large chuck of Yourbus' work back from them in late 2013 (anyone notice a pattern there Wink - it's always Yourbus)

A big clue is in the news article:
"Go North East is purchasing four new coaches for the contract and an additional nine vehicles are being bought to upgrade the existing fleet of 24 coaches."

I'm led to believe that the four new coaches are due to be delivered imminently, with the contract commencing later this month.

The new journeys on service 425 are as follows:
  • 07:55 Ashington to London (arr 17:35)
  • 13:00 London to Ashington (arr 21:50)
The new journeys on service 426 are as follows:
  • 09:05 South Shields to London (arr 17:35)
  • 13:00 London to South Shields (arr 21:00)
The new journeys on service 435 are as follows:
  • 23:00 London to Ashington (arr 06:45)
  • 23:10 Ashington to London (arr 06:50)
The new journeys on service 436 are as follows:
  • 22:35 South Shields to London (arr 06:20)
  • 23:30 London to South Shields (arr 07:10)
The new journeys on service 461 are as follows:
  • 08:05 Lichfield to London (arr 11:50)
  • 18:00 London to Lichfield (arr 21:25)