North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]not many days left before the bus changes commence, the new timetables most of been printed by now, would of thought their website would have the new format timetables, to get these printed timetables out to travel shops etc....

Me too, should hopefully be done this week. 
Still nowt about the route the 82/82A will be taking in Birtley...
 2 1/2 weeks until that one!
(13 Jan 2015, 7:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Still nowt about the route the 82/82A will be taking in Birtley...

Does this not help you:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...-feb-2015/
(13 Jan 2015, 7:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Still nowt about the route the 82/82A will be taking in Birtley...
Have you e-mailed to ask?

I know if there was a possibility it would affect me, I'd be asking Go North East straight away...

The content on the service changes news article has been altered at least three times now. If nothing is clearer than what it first was, this suggests to me that nobody has bothered to question it.
(13 Jan 2015, 7:08 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Does this not help you:

I hadn't seen that. Thanks.

It does slightly  - in that it clarifies the section via Barley Mow Inn is no longer served.
It doesn't state the route between Portmeads and Birtley Front Street, which means I can only assume it is going via Fell Bank and Harras Bank in both directions.

So: ...Portmeads, Fell Bank, Harras Bank, Front Street, Northside - Northside, Front Street, Harras Bank, Fell Bank, Portmeads...

I have never been asked about my travel patterns, Malarkey and aureolin haven't mentioned about the time they were asked either.
(13 Jan 2015, 7:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Have you e-mailed to ask?

I know if there was a possibility it would affect me, I'd be asking Go North East straight away...

I was just going to ask that lol, I would email GNE and Nexus for clarification on the route in Birtley.

When Arriva changes the services in Peterlee, I always ask clarification of route description from Arriva North East and the transport section at Durham County Council. usually take a bit longer to get a reply back from Arriva than DCC, usually get a response back from DCC the same day with the answers. Then I usualy copy and paste the responces on this forum.
(13 Jan 2015, 7:08 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Does this not help you:

Can I ask where the leaflets are? 
(13 Jan 2015, 7:21 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I was just going to ask that lol, I would email GNE and Nexus for clarification on the route in Birtley.

When Arriva changes the services in Peterlee, I always ask clarification of route description from Arriva North East and the transport section at Durham County Council. usually take a bit longer to get a reply back from Arriva than DCC, usually get a response back from DCC the same day with the answers. Then I usualy copy and paste the responces on this forum.

I had thought about dropping them an email, but guessed (wrongly), that they would have explained it by now - maybe even producing a map, like they have done for the various different areas of Sunderland.
(13 Jan 2015, 7:24 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Can I ask where the leaflets are? 

I think theirs only 3 leaflets.

35/35a
29/29a
82/83

their under the sunderland bus changes on simpygo.com

the 82/83 leaflet is under the 1st feb bus changes, just scroll down and next to the icon saying timetable their should be one saying see changes overview leaflet.

I picked up a Leaflet on the Changes to the Service last week when getting off an 82/83, It states the following in regards to the Route.

Services 82/82A/83
  • From 1 February 2015, 82 & 83 services will be revised to offer new connections following discussions with customers about their travel patterns.  Your revised routes will be numbered 82, 82A & 982 and we’ll now be serving Birtley Northside as well as Meresyde and Grange Crescent in Leam Lane Estate to provide new connections. A summary of each route is provided below.

• Service 82 – Buses will run from Birtley Northside to Heworth via Birtley Centre, Portmeads, Portobello, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, Washington Galleries, Biddick, Barmston Centre, Spout Lane, Concord, Usworth, Lingey Lane & Leam Lane Estate.  In the opposite direction, buses will run from Heworth Interchange to Rickleton via Leam Lane Estate, Lingey Lane, Usworth, Concord, Spout Lane, Barmston Centre, Biddick, Washington Galleries, Lambton, Ayton & Vigo Lane.

• Buses will run every 30 minutes in each direction on Monday to Saturday daytimes, providing a service every 15 minutes on the combined section of the route with the 82A between Ayton, Lambton, Galleries, Barmston and Concord.

• The evening journeys between Heworth Interchange and Concord will no longer run, but will be replaced with an improved frequency on Connections 4, which will now run every 20 minutes between Heworth Interchange and Fatfield via Lingey Lane, Usworth, Concord and Galleries.  The evening services between Concord and Birtley that are provided by Arriva will remain unchanged.

• On Sundays, buses will run every 30 minutes during the day from Birtley Station Lane to Concord.

• Service 83 – will be replaced by service 82A. Buses will run from Rickleton to Concord via Harraton, Wear Industrial Estate, Ayton, Lambton, Washington Galleries, Biddick, Barmston Waskerley Road & Hertburn Industrial Estate.  In the opposite direction, buses will run from Concord to Birtley Northside via Hertburn Industrial Estate, Barmston Waskerley Road, Biddick, Washington Galleries, Lambton, Ayton, Barley Mow, Portobello, Portmeads and Birtley Centre.

• Buses will run every 30 minutes in each direction on Monday to Saturday daytimes, providing a service every 15 minutes on the combined section of the route with the 82A between Ayton, Lambton, Galleries, Barmston and Concord.  The route won’t serve the section between Concord and Heworth due to low passenger numbers, with customers for Stephenson Industrial Estate being able to use the 982 service (see below) and customers from Sulgrave being able to use the Whey Aye 50 for journeys to Washington or the Fab 56 for journeys to Gateshead or Newcastle.

• On Sundays, buses will run every 30 minutes during the day from Concord to Birtley Station Lane.

• Service 982 – Buses will run at peak times between Concord Bus Station and Stephenson Industrial Estate to maintain connections for commuters.
(13 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I picked up a Leaflet on the Changes to the Service last week when getting off an 82/83, It states the following in regards to the Route.

Services 82/82A/83

• From 1 February 2015, 82 & 83 services will be revised to offer new connections following discussions with customers about their travel patterns.  Your revised routes will be numbered 82, 82A & 982 and we’ll now be serving Birtley Northside as well as Meresyde and Grange Crescent in Leam Lane Estate to provide new connections. A summary of each route is provided below.

• Service 82 – Buses will run from Birtley Northside to Heworth via Birtley Centre, Portmeads, Portobello, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, Washington Galleries, Biddick, Barmston Centre, Spout Lane, Concord, Usworth, Lingey Lane & Leam Lane Estate.  In the opposite direction, buses will run from Heworth Interchange to Rickleton via Leam Lane Estate, Lingey Lane, Usworth, Concord, Spout Lane, Barmston Centre, Biddick, Washington Galleries, Lambton, Ayton & Vigo Lane.

• Buses will run every 30 minutes in each direction on Monday to Saturday daytimes, providing a service every 15 minutes on the combined section of the route with the 82A between Ayton, Lambton, Galleries, Barmston and Concord.

• The evening journeys between Heworth Interchange and Concord will no longer run, but will be replaced with an improved frequency on Connections 4, which will now run every 20 minutes between Heworth Interchange and Fatfield via Lingey Lane, Usworth, Concord and Galleries.  The evening services between Concord and Birtley that are provided by Arriva will remain unchanged.

• On Sundays, buses will run every 30 minutes during the day from Birtley Station Lane to Concord.

• Service 83 – will be replaced by service 82A. Buses will run from Rickleton to Concord via Harraton, Wear Industrial Estate, Ayton, Lambton, Washington Galleries, Biddick, Barmston Waskerley Road & Hertburn Industrial Estate.  In the opposite direction, buses will run from Concord to Birtley Northside via Hertburn Industrial Estate, Barmston Waskerley Road, Biddick, Washington Galleries, Lambton, Ayton, Barley Mow, Portobello, Portmeads and Birtley Centre.

• Buses will run every 30 minutes in each direction on Monday to Saturday daytimes, providing a service every 15 minutes on the combined section of the route with the 82A between Ayton, Lambton, Galleries, Barmston and Concord.  The route won’t serve the section between Concord and Heworth due to low passenger numbers, with customers for Stephenson Industrial Estate being able to use the 982 service (see below) and customers from Sulgrave being able to use the Whey Aye 50 for journeys to Washington or the Fab 56 for journeys to Gateshead or Newcastle.

• On Sundays, buses will run every 30 minutes during the day from Concord to Birtley Station Lane.

• Service 982 – Buses will run at peak times between Concord Bus Station and Stephenson Industrial Estate to maintain connections for commuters.

Yeah, that's the same information that Cbma06 shared.
I hadn't seen it until he shared it , but it still doesn't give any clue about the route in Birtley between Portmeads, Front Street and Northside. Ditto for the return journey.

I am only guessing the route (see my post above), but could be miles off.
It is odd that with the reduction of service X36 to hourly, Sunderland to Heworth will get a better frequency during the evenings and on Sundays, in comparison to during the day on weekdays and Saturday!
(05 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Cheers.

(13 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I hadn't seen that. Thanks.

It does slightly  - in that it clarifies the section via Barley Mow Inn is no longer served.
It doesn't state the route between Portmeads and Birtley Front Street, which means I can only assume it is going via Fell Bank and Harras Bank in both directions.

So: ...Portmeads, Fell Bank, Harras Bank, Front Street, Northside - Northside, Front Street, Harras Bank, Fell Bank, Portmeads...

I have never been asked about my travel patterns, Malarkey and aureolin haven't mentioned about the time they were asked either.
I think it go will from Northside via Blackfell Way - Sanders Gardens - Durham Road - The Avenue/Fell Bank - Portmeads - Glenluce/Windermere/The Drive/Bedford Avenue (Barley Mow Estate) - Vigo Lane and then current route towards The Galleries.

As for being asked about Travel Patterns, your going to have jog my memory on this one as I honest cant remember anything about this.
(13 Jan 2015, 9:03 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I think it go will from Northside via Blackfell Way - Sanders Gardens - Durham Road - The Avenue/Fell Bank - Portmeads - Glenluce/Windermere/The Drive/Bedford Avenue (Barley Mow Estate) - Vigo Lane and then current route towards The Galleries.

As for being asked about Travel Patterns, your going to have jog my memory on this one as I honest cant remember anything about this.

I can't see it doing The Avenue and miss out the main street. It is one way too.

According to the GNE patter, passengers were asked about their travelling patterns.
I was never asked and neither you or aureolin have mentioned about the time you were asked Wink
The Avenue looks a Nightmare for Parked Cars from looking on Google Maps so that would be a big no no, so it would therefore have to go up Harras Bank as you mentioned or Alternatively the B1288/Birtley Lane and then up Fell Bank, I have a feeling it may do the current 83 route into Birtley and up to Northside then back out via Portmeads and Barley Mow Estate.

So therefore the Route could be, Vigo Lane - A167/Durham Road - Sanders Gardens - Blackfell Way - Northside - Portmeads - Barley Mow Estate - Vigo Lane, So basically a One Way Loop of Birtley omitting Fell Bank 
(13 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]It is odd that with the reduction of service X36 to hourly, Sunderland to Heworth will get a better frequency during the evenings and on Sundays, in comparison to during the day on weekdays and Saturday!

Isn't the evening and Sunday when Nexus fund it?
At least the bus lane will be utilised by more than just a couple of services during those times :p

(13 Jan 2015, 9:33 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The Avenue looks a Nightmare for Parked Cars from looking on Google Maps so that would be a big no no, so it would therefore have to go up Harras Bank as you mentioned or Alternatively the B1288/Birtley Lane and then up Fell Bank, I have a feeling it may do the current 83 route into Birtley and up to Northside then back out via Portmeads and Barley Mow Estate.

So therefore the Route could be, Vigo Lane - A167/Durham Road - Sanders Gardens - Blackfell Way - Northside - Portmeads - Barley Mow Estate - Vigo Lane, So basically a One Way Loop of Birtley omitting Fell Bank 

To be honest, Harras Bank can be just as bad.
The car park at the doctors is next to useless and a number of patients just park on the main road. 
Totally different to a Sunday, when cars park outside the houses on the bank.

The leaflet states it goes via the town centre in both directions.

I am curious to see how the cuts to frequency affect loadings, particularly when Morrisons opens and if the new store increases demand.
(13 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]It is odd that with the reduction of service X36 to hourly, Sunderland to Heworth will get a better frequency during the evenings and on Sundays, in comparison to during the day on weekdays and Saturday!

Good point, a little silly that. Why are nexus using public money to fund a service during the evening that doesn't even run during the day? Or arguably nexus should be stepping in to replace the lost daytime link by X36 terminating short. 
Out of interest is the loss of the Heworth link a problem? Not sure what any of the NEB Sunderland members think. I know the point is probably to reduce PVR, but could X36 not run Sunderland-Heworth? Then could it interwork with X35 to keep reliability? 

Worth mentioning also, GNE, are now operating X36 in 55 minutes, It currently does it in 58 minutes. And I'm sure it used to do it 60 when Northern branded. 
(13 Jan 2015, 11:28 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Good point, a little silly that. Why are nexus using public money to fund a service during the evening that doesn't even run during the day? Or arguably nexus should be stepping in to replace the lost daytime link by X36 terminating short. 
Out of interest is the loss of the Heworth link a problem? Not sure what any of the NEB Sunderland members think. I know the point is probably to reduce PVR, but could X36 not run Sunderland-Heworth? Then could it interwork with X35 to keep reliability? 

Worth mentioning also, GNE, are now operating X36 in 55 minutes, It currently does it in 58 minutes. And I'm sure it used to do it 60 when Northern branded. 

Possibly because the service will terminate at Market Street instead of Eldon Square. 
(13 Jan 2015, 11:57 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Possibly because the service will terminate at Market Street instead of Eldon Square. 

Forgot about that, cheers! 
(13 Jan 2015, 9:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Isn't the evening and Sunday when Nexus fund it?
At least the bus lane will be utilised by more than just a couple of services during those times :p

(13 Jan 2015, 11:28 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Good point, a little silly that. Why are nexus using public money to fund a service during the evening that doesn't even run during the day? Or arguably nexus should be stepping in to replace the lost daytime link by X36 terminating short. 

With regards to the bus lane and the services in and out of Heworth using it:

Service 4 is fully commercially operated, and this is the service seeing an increase in frequency on evenings and Sundays. Between Heworth and Concord, after 19:23, services 82/82A are also commercially operated. These journeys will be withdrawn and replaced by the increased frequency of service 4, from the first week in February. As I have said before, the resources saved from cutting services 82/82A on an evening/Sunday go into the revised 4 service. The Concord - Birtley section of the route is secured by Nexus, and this section remains unchanged on evenings/Sundays.

As service 29A is not commercially operated, this service was not subject to Go North East's changes, and remains unchanged (albeit re-numbered to coincide with the new 35/36 service route numbers). The buses, in my experience, run empty, but this is clearly how Nexus wishes to use public money. I think there will be some logic behind it, however. The weekday service of Nexus-secured 558 terminates at Heworth, but on Sundays, the service is curtailed at Cotswold Estate (just after Boldon ASDA). The resource which would have been needed to continue the 558 to Heworth (which would have otherwise been saved) has continued to be pumped into the half-hourly 29A service, despite the fact that there's no great need for it. At least that tax-payer funded bus lane will be getting used, eh?