North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks, couldn't find the timetable anyway.

I don't see them going on the Tynedale Links, won't be enough.

1 might end up on the U1, with the rest moving else where as back up?

I can't see any moving out of Stanley. Too many services that need to be covered. So far, only service 16/16A has made an appearance on VOSA. There is still routes such as the X30/X31, 130, 131, 706/707 and services 43/44/44A between Stanley and Newcastle to be sorted out yet (or appear on VOSA).
(16 Sep 2015, 3:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks, couldn't find the timetable anyway.

I don't see them going on the Tynedale Links, won't be enough.

1 might end up on the U1, with the rest moving else where as back up?

I doubt the PVR will even increase much?

Looks live the PVR of the 185/681/X81 will be 1, so they only need one more bus.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:13 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I doubt the PVR will even increase much?

Looks live the PVR of the 185/681/X81 will be 1, so they only need one more bus.

560 and 619 transferred from Peterlee too - could one be the extra bus and another be a spare (alongsde 618)?
(16 Sep 2015, 3:13 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I can't see any moving out of Stanley. Too many services that need to be covered. So far, only service 16/16A has made an appearance on VOSA. There is still routes such as the X30/X31, 130, 131, 706/707 and services 43/44/44A between Stanley and Newcastle to be sorted out yet (or appear on VOSA).

I hope they decide to merge 130/131/706/707 in to one service, might allow the area's to gain a better service, it does seem the best idea to.

I can't see solo's being used on the new 16/16A, these routes will probables be Citaro's, more for capacity reason.

Like you said though, more needs to be put on VOSA.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]560 and 619 transferred from Peterlee too - could one be the extra bus and another be a spare (alongsde 618)?

Yeah exactly, so maybe they won't even see any extra buses at all.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:13 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I doubt the PVR will even increase much?

I was on about the Venture Solo's if they were moving out of Stanley not the MPD's.

*confused*
(16 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]560 and 619 transferred from Peterlee too - could one be the extra bus and another be a spare (alongsde 618)?

Hexham has 9 MPDs to cover a total PVR of 8 at the moment. Of course, Hexham's minibus PVR is set to reduce at the end of the month when this season's AD122 finishes, so the spare vehicle percentage at Hexham will increase from then.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I was on about the Venture Solo's if they were moving out of Stanley not the MPD's.

*confused*

You said there won't be enough for the Tynedale Links... and I said the PVR will only increase by 1 anyway?
(16 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]You said there won't be enough for the Tynedale Links... and I said the PVR will only increase by 1 anyway?

Well it depends on how much the PVR will drop from the Venture, i doubt it'll be that much to cover the Tynedale Links.

Sorry for the confusing... i was confused myself. (not like i already get confused a lot Tongue)
(16 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Well it depends on how much the PVR will drop from the Venture, i doubt it'll be that much to cover the Tynedale Links.

Sorry for the confusing... i was confused myself. (not like i already get confused a lot Tongue)

Haha, no worries. Wonder if the Solos will be used on the Lanchester-Stanley service?
(16 Sep 2015, 3:24 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Haha, no worries. Wonder if the Solos will be used on the Lanchester-Stanley service?

Not sure, how are the passenger numbers on the current services between those area's?
(16 Sep 2015, 3:24 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Haha, no worries. Wonder if the Solos will be used on the Lanchester-Stanley service?

Quite possibly. Never thought of that - could even just extend the 130 from Quaking Houses to Lanchester to cover the X30 and maybe have part of the 706/707 (At least the Fines Park section) merged with the current X31 between Stanley and Lanchester? Merging 4 services into 2 must be better than 4 even if it means decreasing Dan's workload slightly Tongue
(16 Sep 2015, 3:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not sure, how are the passenger numbers on the current services between those area's?

Robert will tell you  Smile - I have no idea
(16 Sep 2015, 3:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not sure, how are the passenger numbers on the current services between those area's?

The X30 never has a real reason to get busy between Stanley and Lanchester, however, the two X31 journeys that serve St Bede's do get quite busy with schoolkids but after that, it tends to die down and is pretty quiet after that.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:27 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Quite possibly. Never thought of that - could even just extend the 130 from Quaking Houses to Lanchester to cover the X30 and maybe have part of the 706/707 (At least the Fines Park section) merged with the current X31 between Stanley and Lanchester? Merging 4 services into 2 must be better than 4 even if it means decreasing Dan's workload slightly Tongue

So you could have:

130 - East Stanley - Stanley - Quaking Houses - Burnhope - Lanchester (Stanley-Quaking Houses every 20 mins, East Stanley-Lanchester every 60 mins)
131 - Fines Park - Stanley - Greencroft Industrial Estate - Lanchester (every 60 mins)
(16 Sep 2015, 3:30 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So you could have:

130 - East Stanley - Stanley - Quaking Houses - Burnhope - Lanchester (Stanley-Quaking Houses every 20 mins, East Stanley-Lanchester every 60 mins)
131 - Fines Park - Stanley - Greencroft Industrial Estate - Lanchester (every 60 mins)

Could do although i think it would probably be easier to miss the Harperley section of the 706/707 out because there is no real need for the service to operate along there now with the pub/hotel being closed now (and have been for a while now). Stanley via Fines Park, Greencroft Ind. Estate to Lanchester would work better imo. The OAPs will still have their bus to Stanley.
(16 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Could do although i think it would probably be easier to miss the Harperley section of the 706/707 out because there is no real need for the service to operate along there now with the pub/hotel being closed now (and have been for a while now). Stanley via Fines Park, Greencroft Ind. Estate to Lanchester would work better imo. The OAPs will still have their bus to Stanley.

Ah right, not sure on the so not sure. That would be even better really. 

Probably would work out around the same PVR as the V8 now, with a couple spare?
(16 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah right, not sure on the so not sure. That would be even better really. 

Probably would work out around the same PVR as the V8 now, with a couple spare?

Probably I would have thought. If the 30 minute frequency is retained, they could get away with a PVR of 2 as currently, the X30 out of Stanley heading to Lanchester is the next X30 out of Stanley for Newcastle so its like 30 minutes there and 30 back - there is layover built into the schedule at Lanchester to minimize/avoid a delay on the next trip. Same applies for the X31 but with the extra bit onto the route, may disrupt the timings a bit meaning the PVR may need to increase by one or two (whether this is done by interworking idk).
I agree, merging the services together is the best option, i think the current services are silly, such as 130/131/706/707 and could be used to provide a steady service...
(16 Sep 2015, 3:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I agree, merging the services together is the best option, i think the current services are silly, such as 130/131/706/707 and could be used to provide a steady service...

Talking of silly services - the 704 needs to go. Never ever gets used. Mainly because it only operates on evenings...