North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Correct they do, I think the 78 registration will mean there is a change in it somewhere.

I think the 8 and 78 run quite well during the day, its more the 78 on a tea time with Chester road... are the changes to the timetable to combat those problems?

Not sure about the 8?, maybe extra running time due to the new bridge getting built in Sunderland?
Doubt the 8 will have any changes with their been no registration for it (or at least i think the 78 and 8 are on different registrations)
(25 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doubt the 8 will have any changes with their been no registration for it (or at least i think the 78 and 8 are on different registrations)

There has:

PB0002400/417 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane interchange given service number 8/8A effective from 17-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.
(25 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doubt the 8 will have any changes with their been no registration for it (or at least i think the 78 and 8 are on different registrations)

Scrap that. Just looked through the list again and found it. Have no idea what it will be then.
Oooh Angel changes.

Wonder if they'll drop the 7 min frequency
(25 Feb 2016, 10:06 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Oooh Angel changes.

Wonder if they'll drop the 7 min frequency

With GNE upgrading the X21, could they perhaps end up dropping the Durham - Chester section to every 20 minutes and the Chester - Newcastle section to every 10 minutes?
(26 Feb 2016, 12:05 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]With GNE upgrading the X21, could they perhaps end up dropping the Durham - Chester section to every 20 minutes and the Chester - Newcastle section to every 10 minutes?

Why? There's not going to be any more buses on the X21. Just different ones.
(26 Feb 2016, 11:27 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Why? There's not going to be any more buses on the X21. Just different ones.

But with the increased PVR and the extra stop in Low Fell, surely GNE would want to encourage people to use the X21 and don't forget the extra peak time runs too. I don't know how the PVR would work out but GNE could haggle 1 or even 2 or 3 spares (depending on changes to the timings) out of the 15 Hybrids if they did whats mentioned above and if they could get 2 spares, that would mean allowing the 2x B7s to replace GUP and FUP at Percy Main for the DFDS work.
(26 Feb 2016, 4:04 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]But with the increased PVR and the extra stop in Low Fell, surely GNE would want to encourage people to use the X21 and don't forget the extra peak time runs too. I don't know how the PVR would work out but GNE could haggle 1 or even 2 or 3 spares (depending on changes to the timings) out of the 15 Hybrids if they did whats mentioned above and if they could get 2 spares, that would mean allowing the 2x B7s to replace GUP and FUP at Percy Main for the DFDS work.

Surely, they'll make the same money, no matter what bus people catch on a route. If they can fill 12 buses an hour between CLS and newcastle, I'm sure that's what they'll do. No sense in dropping down to 10 buses an hour when they already have to put extras on at peak times. If anything, that would risk opening the door for Arriva to get more of a toe in with the X12.
(26 Feb 2016, 7:26 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Surely, they'll make the same money, no matter what bus people catch on a route. If they can fill 12 buses an hour between CLS and newcastle, I'm sure that's what they'll do. No sense in dropping down to 10 buses an hour when they already have to put extras on at peak times. If anything, that would risk opening the door for Arriva to get more of a toe in with the X12.

I must say I agree. If the passengers were mainly going to this extra stop in Low Fell, then surely the "extra" 21 services would terminate at Low Fell, rather than Chester-le-Street.
Of course, for 12 and 10 , substitute 10 and 8! 12 and 10 includes the X12!

Which of course means that cutting the hourly total number of 21s down to 6 would make even less sense, as they'd lose 20% of the existing total capacity. And frequent services often get the passenger numbers that they do because they are frequent. As soon as popping out of the house and hopping straight onto  bus becomes less of a likelihood, the bus becomes less attractive.
I suppose on reflection since the 21 doesn't truly maintain its 7 minute frequency (for traffic reasons) a 10 minute frequency has a potential to turn into every 15/20 minutes which would create a huge buildup
(26 Feb 2016, 9:06 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I suppose on reflection since the 21 doesn't truly maintain its 7 minute frequency (for traffic reasons)  a 10 minute frequency has a potential to turn into every 15/20 minutes which would create a huge buildup

Got to remember though that a reduced frequency would come with more relaxed timings thus reducing the risk of any unreliability issues.
Just worked it out there with the current timings that the PVR on a:
- 20 minute frequency from Durham to Newcastle
- 10 minute frequency from Chester Le Street to Newcastle

Would stand at 13 vehicles with the following layovers:
- 12 minutes in Durham
- 7 minutes turnaround for the short 21 workings to Chester Le Street
- 7 minutes turn around at Eldon Square

Which I believe is the same if not, very similar to now. If GNE however decided to relax the timings, then the PVR would be 14 vehicles meaning a spare B5LH would still be available.

Who knows but the only thing I can think off given the extra resources as well as the new Streetdecks on the X21, is that GNE would want to encourage people to use the X21 over the 21 to help ease pressure further particularly if travelling anywhere between Durham and Chester Le Street to Low Fell, Gateshead and Newcastle.

Not saying the 21 is going to be reduced mind but it could be a possibility.
(26 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm)BDaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Just worked it out there with the current timings that the PVR on a:
- 20 minute frequency from Durham to Newcastle
- 10 minute frequency from Chester Le Street to Newcastle

Would stand at 13 vehicles with the following layovers:
- 12 minutes in Durham
- 7 minutes turnaround for the short 21 workings to Chester Le Street
- 7 minutes turn around at Eldon Square

Which I believe is the same if not, very similar to now. If GNE however decided to relax the timings, then the PVR would be 14 vehicles meaning a spare B5LH would still be available.

Who knows but the only thing I can think off given the extra resources as well as the new Streetdecks on the X21, is that GNE would want to encourage people to use the X21 over the 21 to help ease pressure further particularly if travelling anywhere between Durham and Chester Le Street to Low Fell, Gateshead and Newcastle.

Not saying the 21 is going to be reduced mind but it could be a possibility.

But, even with the ancient presidents, people already walk past the 21 to get to the x21, quite often filling it up at cls. Having fewer 21s won't fill it up even more. People who miss the x21 aren't going to wait 25 minutes for the next one because, particularly by the time you get to low fell, The 21 would only take a few minutes longer.
(26 Feb 2016, 11:00 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]But, even with the ancient presidents, people already walk past the 21 to get to the x21, quite often filling it up at cls. Having fewer 21s won't fill it up even more. People who miss the x21 aren't going to wait 25 minutes for the next one because, particularly by the time you get to low fell, The 21 would only take a few minutes longer.

Well in that case you'd be better off getting the 21.
PB0003954/677
Variation Number
Status
Registered
Operator Name
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Service Number(s)
88 (88A)

Where is the source for this information? Where are people pasting this from? And what exactly is "Registered"?
Thanks.
(27 Feb 2016, 11:05 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/677
Variation Number
Status
Registered
Operator Name
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Service Number(s)
88 (88A)

Where is the source for this information? Where are people pasting this from? And what exactly is "Registered"?
Thanks.

The source and whats been pasted is from VOSA, I believe " Registered " just means the Bus Route has been registered with VOSA and VOSA will accept it or decline it at a later date, Though I might be wrong on the last bit happy to be corrected.
Ye its from Vosa.

The info is from the last section where you type the info in from the registration and it gives u more details, not sure what you type in to get it though.

Here is the VOSA site, for the ones registed on the day.

You need to tick the North East one, then click on the box with the drop down menu and change it to "View all" then in the "Search for accepted registrations", tick
North Eastern Traffic Area..then search.

If you want any other area, you tick that area (can look for more than 1 area at a time). 

Here is the site:

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfser...ch_new.asp

Sorry its the best i can explain it.

As for the other 2 sections, not sure on hoe you fill it out.

Edit: I hope it makes sense, crap at explaining stuff haha.
(27 Feb 2016, 11:31 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye its from Vosa.

The info is from the last section where you type the info in from the registration and it gives u more details, not sure what you type in to get it though.

Here is the VOSA site, for the ones registed on the day.

You need to tick the North East one, then click on the box with the drop down menu and change it to "View all" then in the "Search for accepted registrations", tick
North Eastern Traffic Area..then search.

If you want any other area, you tick that area (can look for more than 1 area at a time). 

Here is the site:

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfser...ch_new.asp

Sorry its the best i can explain it.

As for the other 2 sections, not sure on hoe you fill it out.

Edit: I hope it makes sense, crap at explaining stuff haha.
Cheers mate