North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Jun 2016, 6:55 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Who runs QCard? (Obviously someone based at Quorum)

Might it be worth getting in touch with the organisers to see if a deal with GNE can be struck?

Would imagine something will be put in place between those who run QCard and GNE in the coming months, QCard also offers a range of other offers for Staff that have a card.
(12 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Would imagine something will be put in place between those who run QCard and GNE in the coming months, QCard also offers a range of other offers for Staff that have a card.

Go North East offer 'key connect', which will allow employers to setup a salary sacrifice scheme with them. The link is here - http://www.simplygo.com/keyconnect/
(12 Jun 2016, 8:20 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Go North East offer 'key connect', which will allow employers to setup a salary sacrifice scheme with them. The link is here - http://www.simplygo.com/keyconnect/

Anyone know the pricing on that? Shame they've chosen not to disclose it, unless it runs on a 'how many employees are you bringing us' system
(12 Jun 2016, 9:34 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Anyone know the pricing on that? Shame they've chosen not to disclose it, unless it runs on a 'how many employees are you bringing us' system

I'd imagine it would, but it's always worth pointing your employer into that direction.
(12 Jun 2016, 7:38 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I'm only 11 so I hardly remember GNE having the Marshall buses in Wallsend, same wth things like Arriva, as far as I can remember is cityzens and Europeans operating Arriva's Blyth services

The Marshall bodied Darts (High Floor and Low Floor ones) never really featured in North Tyneside, though two High Floor ones were briefly use.

Though I suspect you mean the Caetano Compass bodied examples.
(12 Jun 2016, 10:01 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]The Marshall bodied Darts (High Floor and Low Floor ones) never really featured in North Tyneside, though two High Floor ones were briefly use.

Correct
(11 Jun 2016, 8:46 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]When do you think all these changes will be announced then?

Hopefully soon, as there seems to be loads of changes for the 31st July.
(12 Jun 2016, 10:01 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]The Marshall bodied Darts (High Floor and Low Floor ones) never really featured in North Tyneside, though two High Floor ones were briefly use.

The Ceatano Compass Darts ended up round Jarrow area services when I was little ( 2002 to around 2008 ish I think )
Mostly operated Service 524 ( Jarrow? to Horsley Hill ) while Service 528 ( Monkton Lane - South Shields ) was in the hands of the then brand new 52 and 04 Batch of Wright Cadets.

The Ceatano Darts then transferred to Percy Main after there stint round my area, Before being withdrawn around late 2010.
And how nice them Cadets were when they were new was unbelievable, Shame they were " a bit knackered " when they returned to my local South Tyne around 9 years later.
(13 Jun 2016, 4:24 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]The Ceatano Compass Darts ended up round Jarrow area services when I was little ( 2002 to around 2008 ish I think )
Mostly operated Service 524 ( Jarrow? to Horsley Hill ) while Service 528 ( Monkton Lane - South Shields ) was in the hands of the then brand new 52 and 04 Batch of Wright Cadets.

The Ceatano Darts then transferred to Percy Main after there stint round my area, Before being withdrawn around late 2010.
And how nice them Cadets were when they were new was unbelievable, Shame they were " a bit knackered " when they returned to my local South Tyne around 9 years later.

I regularly suffered those darts when they were on the X35, not very suitable for a thrash along the Durham coast road!
PB0003954/687 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Gateshead Interchange
Finish Point: Lobley Hill, Cragside Gardend
Via:
Service Number: 95
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-JUL-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday (except public hoidays)

Wonder if the 64 has gone, last time they were all on one registration...

Edit: It seems the above 95 registration is the first one for the service:

Registration Number:
Variation Number 0
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Service Number(s) 95 
Start Point Gateshead Interchange
Finish Point Lobley Hill, Cragside Gardend
Via  
Service Type Normal Stopping
Date Received 27-MAY-2016
Effective Date 24-JUL-2016
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2230
(14 Jun 2016, 8:32 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/687 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Via:

Wonder if the 64 has gone, last time they were all on one registration...

Edit: It seems the above 95 registration is the first one for the service:

Registration Number:
Variation Number 0
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Service Number(s) 95 
Start Point Gateshead Interchange
Finish Point Lobley Hill, Cragside Gardend
Via  
Service Type Normal Stopping
Date Received 27-MAY-2016
Effective Date 24-JUL-2016
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2230

Perhaps they've been combined into one service?

It wouldn't add that much time if this service was diverted via Victoria Road, Angus Road, Bolam Street, Johnson Street, Yetholm Road, Rose Street, Tyne Road East and Cuthbert Street to serve the area which the 64 does currently. Although, as Clasped Village is undergoing demolition, there's probably not that much point in it going round there.
(14 Jun 2016, 8:49 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Perhaps they've been combined into one service?

It wouldn't add that much time if this service was diverted via Victoria Road, Angus Road, Bolam Street, Johnson Street, Yetholm Road, Rose Street, Tyne Road East and Cuthbert Street to serve the area which the 64 does currently. Although, as Clasped Village is undergoing demolition, there's probably not that much point in it going round there.

I hope so, i must not be the only person who thinks the 64 is the most pointless route GNE have?

Edit: Looking back - it seems the 64 is part of the 49 series on the VOSA registration

PB0003954/296 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
  • Variation Accepted: Operating between Winlaton Bus Station and Gateshead Interchange given service number 49/49A/49C/64 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
(08 Jun 2016, 5:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Some info about the changes:

Service 10/10A/10B (Hexham/Blackhall Mill/Prudhoe Rail Station – Ryton – Blaydon – Metrocentre – Newcastle)
Revised timetable to better reflect actual journey times. Service 10A extended hourly from Rockwood Hill Estate (Mon – Sat daytime) to serve High Spen, Chopwell and Blackhall Mill replacing withdrawn Service 11 over this section.

Service 11 (Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Greenside – Crawcrook – Ryton – Blaydon – Newcastle)
Service withdrawn due to low passenger usage. Revised services 10A and 12/12A provide partial replacement facilities.

NEW SERVICE 11/11A/11X (Metrocentre – Lobley Hill – Gateshead – Newcastle – Wallsend – Royal Quays – Whitley Bay)
New service replacing the current 96/96A between Newcastle and the Metrocentre and then extended to Wallsend, Royal Quays and Whitley Bay providing new links. Monday to Friday peak AM journeys will operate as 11X between Dunston, Lobley Hill, Gateshead, Newcastle and onto Cobalt providing replacement for withdrawn 58X trips.

Just checked the Crawcrook, Greenside & Clara Vale news Facebook page and an update on all the posts about the above changes:

It appears that the information provided by Nexus may indeed have been misleading.

There will continue to be direct peak time buses between Crawcrook, Ryton, Newcastle Business Park and Newcastle. These are currently numbered 11A, but will be renumbered 10X, running twice a day in each direction.

Unfortunately, the number of passengers using existing service 11 from Greenside to reach Newcastle Business Park has been very disappointing, at around just two per day. People from Greenside will still be able to reach Scotswood Road by changing to the frequent service 12 (or the 10X) at Blaydon.

While it is unfortunate that the direct link from Greenside will be broken, I'm sure that you will all agree that the very low usage makes it very difficult to justify continuing to provide it, particularly when a frequent alternative will be in place.

Although i think some of us had an idea the 10X would replace the 11A, i thought i would share it anyway....
Someone on Facebook demanding the SDM's contact details, clearly not happy lol.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
(14 Jun 2016, 9:22 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just checked the Crawcrook, Greenside & Clara Vale news Facebook page and an update on all the posts about the above changes:

It appears that the information provided by Nexus may indeed have been misleading.

There will continue to be direct peak time buses between Crawcrook, Ryton, Newcastle Business Park and Newcastle. These are currently numbered 11A, but will be renumbered 10X, running twice a day in each direction.

Unfortunately, the number of passengers using existing service 11 from Greenside to reach Newcastle Business Park has been very disappointing, at around just two per day. People from Greenside will still be able to reach Scotswood Road by changing to the frequent service 12 (or the 10X) at Blaydon.

While it is unfortunate that the direct link from Greenside will be broken, I'm sure that you will all agree that the very low usage makes it very difficult to justify continuing to provide it, particularly when a frequent alternative will be in place.

Although i think some of us had an idea the 10X would replace the 11A, i thought i would share it anyway....

To be fair don't see the problem in people having to change over at Blaydon onto the 12 as they run every 15 minutes, and a TEN saver is valid on the 12 anyway!

Also, just realised the Q3 is changing on the 31st, but the rest are 24th? Strange.
Stockton National Cycling Championship diversions Thursday 23rd to Sunday 26th June 2016 (as it effects the X7/X10)

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets...eaflet.pdf
(14 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]To be fair don't see the problem in people having to change over at Blaydon onto the 12 as they run every 15 minutes, and a TEN saver is valid on the 12 anyway!

Also, just realised the Q3 is changing on the 31st, but the rest are 24th? Strange.

Yeah, I go on holiday on the 28th Angry 
I will be quite annoyed if new buses come then Angel

PB0002400/552 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between DURHAM BUS STATION and SOUTH SHIELDS BUS STATION given service number 20/20A/X20 effective from 11-Jun-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
(14 Jun 2016, 8:32 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/687 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Via:

B0003954/357 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wallsend, Metro and Wallsend, Metro given service number 40/41 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
New timetables for the upcoming changes on the 24th July and the 31st July are now going on the GNE site...

Some are still in the VOSA style for the timetables... mainly the likes of the new 11 etc. 

Edit: 

The new 11 route is long - running half hourly.
42 - half hourly between North Shields and Benton ASDA, then hourly between Asda and Cramlington Manor Walks.

57 is staying every 20 minutes
58 is dropping to every 12 minutes
2 hours from Whitley Bay to the Metrocentre? Yikes!

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium