North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 May 2016, 12:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The upcoming Sunderland changes now have the GNE style for the timetables.

Only change is, the timetable for the 2/2A/39, which now has them down as Go North East and NOT Simplicity.

Rest remain the same, surprised to see the "Fast Cats" remaining on the X36, thought it would of be dropped.

Is the Simplicity brand being dropped then?  If not, seems odd for a combined leaflet with the 39, and no reference to Simplicity on it?

Have never liked the brand, personally, but was under the impression it had proven quite popular so surprising to see it go, if it is.
(06 May 2016, 10:02 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Is the Simplicity brand being dropped then?  If not, seems odd for a combined leaflet with the 39, and no reference to Simplicity on it?

Have never liked the brand, personally, but was under the impression it had proven quite popular so surprising to see it go, if it is.

As the Simplicity Versas at Deptford are having their 10 minute frequency bubbles patched over with every 15 minute bubbles, I would suspect that the Simplicity brand will be remaining for now at least.
(06 May 2016, 10:28 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]As the Simplicity Versas at Deptford are having their 10 minute frequency bubbles patched over with every 15 minute bubbles, I would suspect that the Simplicity brand will be remaining for now at least.

It does seem daft having it down as "Go North East" on the timetable if the Versa's are staying on the 2/2A as Simplicity, well to me it is.
(25 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It will reduce by 10, not 9.

2: PVR -4
36: PVR -1
38: PVR -2
99: PVR -2
X36: PVR -1

An additional bus will be removed from Deptford's allocation, as the spare vehicle percentage would have shot up if the same amount of spares were retained. However, this bus will be temporarily retained until September, as an additional bus is being added into the PVR of the 20/20A services for the duration of the roadworks in Durham, to improve reliability.

Isn't the combined PVR of the 38/238 staying the same overall at 4 vehicles (albeit 3 on 238 and 1 on 38 as opposed to the reverse currently)?
(07 May 2016, 12:04 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Isn't the combined PVR of the 38/238 staying the same overall at 4 vehicles (albeit 3 on 238 and 1 on 38 as opposed to the reverse currently)?

The current PVR of the 38 service is 3, and likewise the current PVR of the 238 service is 3. A total PVR of 6 - not 4.

Service 38 will revert to terminating at Tunstall Bank Estate on an hourly frequency, as service 36 now provides the connection between The Herringtons and Silksworth on an improved frequency. This results in the PVR of service 38 reducing by 2 vehicles, to 1. The timetable of service 238 is revised to maintain half-hourly headway with revised service 38. There are no changes to the frequency, and as such, the PVR remains the same at 3.

(05 May 2016, 7:50 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]The Q3 is being diverted due to Bridge repairs on Brunton Lane for two weeks from 9/5/16.
A free shuttle service will serve Brunton Lane and Rosedon Way, as the service will run non-stop Sir Bobby Robson Way to Great North Road Glamis Avenue via Great Park Way and the B1318.

The allocated vehicle will be MPD 557 - running off the daytime Byker ASDA contract.

The service will connect to the Q3 service at Regent Centre.

[Image: 26590332840_b706aca7b0.jpg]Go North East: 0557 / NK53TKV by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(07 May 2016, 5:33 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The current PVR of the 38 service is 3, and likewise the current PVR of the 238 service is 3. A total PVR of 6 - not 4.

Service 38 will revert to terminating at Tunstall Bank Estate on an hourly frequency, as service 36 now provides the connection between The Herringtons and Silksworth on an improved frequency. This results in the PVR of service 38 reducing by 2 vehicles, to 1. The timetable of service 238 is revised to maintain half-hourly headway with revised service 38. There are no changes to the frequency, and as such, the PVR remains the same at 3.

The allocated vehicle will be MPD 557 - running off the daytime Byker ASDA contract.

The service will connect to the Q3 service at Regent Centre.

[Image: 26590332840_b706aca7b0.jpg]Go North East: 0557 / NK53TKV by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

How will it run in the day then?
(07 May 2016, 8:35 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]How will it run in the day then?

Brunton Lane Bridge at Great Park will be closed for repairs from 20:00 until 06:00 each night between Monday 9th and Friday 13th and again from Monday 16th and Friday 20th May.

During these closures, Service Q3 will omit Brunton Lane and Roseden Way and will divert via Great North Road and Great Park Way to Bobby Robson Way in both directions. A shuttle bus operated by Riverside depot will operate during these times, departing Regent Centre to Brunton Lane/Netherwitton Way and Brunton Lane/Roseden Way connecting to Q3 at Regent Centre.
(07 May 2016, 5:33 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The current PVR of the 38 service is 3, and likewise the current PVR of the 238 service is 3. A total PVR of 6 - not 4.

Cheers - had been looking an an old 238 timetable
(07 May 2016, 8:51 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Brunton Lane Bridge at Great Park will be closed for repairs from 20:00 until 06:00 each night between Monday 9th and Friday 13th and again from Monday 16th and Friday 20th May.

During these closures, Service Q3 will omit Brunton Lane and Roseden Way and will divert via Great North Road and Great Park Way to Bobby Robson Way in both directions. A shuttle bus operated by Riverside depot will operate during these times, departing Regent Centre to Brunton Lane/Netherwitton Way and Brunton Lane/Roseden Way connecting to Q3 at Regent Centre.

I thought it was closed all day...
With GNE losing the 68, where will the Solo SR go?

Also when will GNE put on their site they're losing it?, wouldn't it better for them to let people know so they won't get complaints.
(08 May 2016, 2:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]With GNE losing the 68, where will the Solo SR go?

Also when will GNE put on their site they're losing it?, wouldn't it better for them to let people know so they won't get complaints.

Not sure why GNE would get complaints? They're only the sub contractor, and have no control over who the service is awarded to.
(08 May 2016, 2:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]With GNE losing the 68, where will the Solo SR go?

the solosr could go to deptford for the 38 then run onto the 38c
(08 May 2016, 2:41 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Not sure why GNE would get complaints? They're only the sub contractor, and have no control over who the service is awarded to.

I meant like, 

Why are you not running the 68?

Couldn't use my GNE pass this morning on the 68, why not?
(08 May 2016, 2:46 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I meant like, 

Why are you not running the 68?

Couldn't use my GNE pass this morning on the 68, why not?

That should be down to Nexus to answer. When tendering services, they should still ensure that they provide value to customers. If it's costing them more, then I'd argue otherwise. Smile
(08 May 2016, 2:47 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]That should be down to Nexus to answer. When tendering services, they should still ensure that they provide value to customers. If it's costing them more, then I'd argue otherwise. Smile

It should be but they won't but i think GNE should give it a mention on upcoming changes, same as the 93A etc.
(08 May 2016, 2:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It should be but they won't but i think GNE should give it a mention on upcoming changes, same as the 93A etc.

I don't think they'd get any sympathy for it, that's the problem! For the reasons Andreos1 has mentioned in the QCS thread.
New timetable now up for the 135/136 which will take over from the 99A, as discussed in the GNE April thread:

New timetable can be found here: http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/78049.92
PB0003954/606 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Quorum Business Park given service number 794 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/678 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Cullercoats, Beaconsfield Park
Finish Point: Tynemouth, Allendale Place
Via:
Service Number: Mouth of the Tyne Festival Park & Ride
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 09-JUL-2016
Other Details: Saturday 9th July and Sunday 20th July 2016 only
PB0002400/450 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange given service number 700/701 effective from 25-Jun-2016. To amend Timetable.

I think this is when the 700/701 changes in to its summer timetable.