North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Sep 2014, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5389 is needed for Nexus work at the moment (service 29), due to the recent RTA near Saltwell Park.

I'd be incredibly surprised if 5390 was sent to (what would presumably be) Stanley, given that the Citylink would then be left without a spare Versa, and the X66 wouldn't have its fifth vehicle as per the Saturday PVR.

They could always have a plain purple one... haha
(05 Sep 2014, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5389 is needed for Nexus work at the moment (service 29), due to the recent RTA near Saltwell Park.

I'd be incredibly surprised if 5390 was sent to (what would presumably be) Stanley, given that the Citylink would then be left without a spare Versa, and the X66 wouldn't have its fifth vehicle as per the Saturday PVR.

Deptfords versas aren't the same length are they?, chesters versas wont go on.
(05 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]If you look at the timetables for the 2s and 8/78 they both operate every 15mins which, yes might seem a bus every 7/8 mins the reality is there's about a 4min gap, the first bus through gets the passengers.

Last time i done the 8 i picked up at hastings hill then the wavendon then the hospital.

That's the typical pick-up or drop-off points regardless of whether you're in front or behind another bus. The stops in between are very rarely used.

(05 Sep 2014, 7:33 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]They could always have a plain purple one... haha

(05 Sep 2014, 7:34 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Deptfords versas aren't the same length are they?, chesters versas wont go on.

Deptford's Versas are in the same batch as the "Lambton Worm" branded ones (midi-sized vehicles opposed to full size 11.7m, like the ones on the Citylink).
(05 Sep 2014, 7:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's the typical pick-up or drop-off points regardless of whether you're in front or behind another bus. The stops in between are very rarely used.

Deptford's Versas are in the same batch as the "Lambton Worm" branded ones (midi-sized vehicles opposed to full size 11.7m, like the ones on the Citylink).

Oh right, what ever they order they will need to be able to cope...
(05 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Yes, we have a map in depot. Route training will commence next week, every day for 3 weeks. No idea of times if the 8 will be peak journeys or all day and also if it'll interwork with the 78.

Sorry if u think i doubted you.. i had a look back on the VOSA registrations for the last change to the Lime 8 and in fact it only had the 8 on it... here it is

PB0002400/417 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane interchange given service number 8 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

----------

New numbers for the M2/M2A/M3/M3A/W5/W6.... new buses on the way? - the M1 changed numbers and got new buses?
[quote='Michael' pid='62104' dateline='1409946568']

Sorry if u think i doubted you.. i had a look back on the VOSA registrations for the last change to the Lime 8 and in fact it only had the 8 on it... here it is

PB0002400/417 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane interchange given service number 8 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

----------

Dont worry, didn't think it.
With thanks to Scott (tyresmoke) for collating the information on the upcoming National Express changes.
I've put together a document detailing all of these changes, and have uploaded it for use in the news update tomorrow.
(06 Sep 2014, 7:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]With thanks to Scott (tyresmoke) for collating the information on the upcoming National Express changes.
I've put together a document detailing all of these changes, and have uploaded it for use in the news update tomorrow.

Now only the night shift services between north east & london operate via motorway services. Biggest part of the " perks " were stopping at MSA's. Copying megabus really.
Very late but....

PB0003954/561 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between GREAT PARK VILLAGE and NEWCASTLE CITY CENTRE given service number X40/40A effective from 10-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/605 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between METROCENTRE COACH PARK and NEWCASTLE CITY CENTRE given service number X50 NEWCASTLEUNITED SOCCERBUS effective from 17-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.
Does anyone know any of the changes to the 8 route from 2nd November?
(09 Sep 2014, 4:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know any of the changes to the 8 route from 2nd November?

Think it'd be best if we just wait until Go North East post the changes? I am sure an employee may give details out on this beforehand. Just for detail purposes thats all as employees may not know as much as the management team (although really they should, especially if they work at the depot)
(09 Sep 2014, 4:46 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Think it'd be best if we just wait until Go North East post the changes? I am sure an employee may give details out on this beforehand.

Not really, he wasn't sure on the route etc, since route learning has started... maybe someone had some info on the changes..
(09 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not really, he wasn't sure on the route etc, since route learning has started... maybe someone had some info on the changes..

I know it, along with about 10 other drivers who have now been route learned.
(09 Sep 2014, 10:03 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]I know it, along with about 10 other drivers who have now been route learned.

Much different, any ideas on frequancy?
(09 Sep 2014, 10:08 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Much different, any ideas on frequancy?

Still nothing on the frequency side, possible the 8 & 8A may interwork and the 78 stand alone, but nothing official from management.
(09 Sep 2014, 10:17 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Still nothing on the frequency side, possible the 8 & 8A may interwork and the 78 stand alone, but nothing official from management.

Cheers for the info, would be better if the 78 was a stand alone, it may give it more time on the route.. same as the 8/8A.
On VOSA today:

PB0003954/616 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: BROCKLEY WHINS METRO
Finish Point: SOUTH HYLTON METRO
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 14-SEP-2014
Other Details: TO OPERATE ON 14TH & 21ST SEPTEMBER 2014 ONLY
GNE have posted about the 700 changing back to its term time route

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...mber-2014/

Same as last year
PB0003954/617 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: SHIPCOTE DURHAM ROAD/ENFEILD ROAD JUNCTION
Via:
Service Number: F1
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 05-NOV-2014
Other Details: TO OPERATE 5TH NOVEMBER 2014 ONLY SALTWELL PARK FIREWORK DISPLAY
On VOSA today.

PB0003954/601 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between FLINT HILL, ROBSON TERRACE and LANCHESTER , ST BEDES CATHOLIC SCHOOL & COLLEGE given service number 825/828 effective from 09-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.