North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at the timetable, I am going to guess that the Sunday 15A will be operated by Durham diamond Citaros.
(16 Oct 2015, 8:39 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It seems like you'll use every route that been curtailed, very, very, very regularly. Leisure, work, school?

Lesuire, do not like going by metro to Sunderland and the train is hard to get to for me, the X36, would be great, could do some Sunderland outings
(20 Oct 2015, 6:12 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Lesuire, do not like going by metro to Sunderland and the train is hard to get to for me, the X36, would be great, could do some Sunderland outings

We also have the 56... Wink
(20 Oct 2015, 6:09 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Looking at the timetable, I am going to guess that the Sunday 15A will be operated by Durham diamond Citaros.

I believe services V7/V8, 15A and 16 will all interwork with a Solo SR allocation on Sundays.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:21 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I believe services V7/V8, 15A and 16 will all interwork with a Solo SR allocation on Sundays.

That's a bit of a risk if i'm honest...
(20 Oct 2015, 6:23 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]That's a bit of a risk if i'm honest...

For a Sunday, i don't think it is. Im not quite sure whether the V7/V8 will get as busy as the X43 on Bank Holidays though.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:25 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]For a Sunday, i don't think it is. Im not quite sure whether the V7/V8 will get as busy as the X43 on Bank Holidays though.

Let's hope not... might need bigger buses for bank holidays though... we'll just have to wait and see.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:23 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]That's a bit of a risk if i'm honest...

(20 Oct 2015, 6:25 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]For a Sunday, i don't think it is. Im not quite sure whether the V7/V8 will get as busy as the X43 on Bank Holidays though.

Service 15A already sees the allocation of a Solo SR on Sundays, and the present V8 (now 16) uses Solo SRs too, so there's no changes here.

The V7/V8 will be going from a Mercedes Citaro to a Solo SR, but from what I have observed of the present X43 on Sundays, a Solo SR would cope with the loadings. Alterations to the allocations can be made on Bank Holidays, if required, as per the 50A service which sees the allocation of a double decker on Bank Holidays.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:29 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Service 15A already sees the allocation of a Solo SR on Sundays, and the present V8 (now 16) uses Solo SRs too, so there's no changes here.

The V7/V8 will be going from a Mercedes Citaro to a Solo SR, but from what I have observed of the present X43 on Sundays, a Solo SR would cope with the loadings. Alterations to the allocations can be made on Bank Holidays, if required, as per the 50A service which sees the allocation of a double decker on Bank Holidays.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did that... maybe the new routes and the changes will allow the numbers of people use it increase during the week and on Sundays.
I don't know if this has already been discussed but why are the Durham Diamond Citaros only getting viynals for the Stanley to durham part, not the Consett and castle side extension part?
(20 Oct 2015, 7:03 am)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]I don't know if this has already been discussed but why are the Durham Diamond Citaros only getting viynals for the Stanley to durham part, not the Consett and castle side extension part?

I think its where the route is every 15 minutes.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:14 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]We also have the 56... Wink

Ah, but that is harder to get to and SLOWER, and the NSAs never work
(20 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Ah, but that is harder to get to and SLOWER, and the NSAs never work

But WIFI and plugs Wink
(20 Oct 2015, 2:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]But WIFI and plugs Wink
But from December there is an HST, with both AND food
Closure of Chowdene Bridge from 26 October 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...tober-2015
(20 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Ah, but that is harder to get to and SLOWER, and the NSAs never work

Every vehicle with Next Stop Announcements was checked at the end of August - the system worked on every vehicle. The volume is a little too quiet on the Fab56 double deckers now: the volume setting is very deceiving at night, when there's no other noise, compared to when it's out in service with a large amount of passengers on-board. What's more, the same volume setting is used on the Angel double-deckers, and these sound much louder.

Heading into Sunderland after the Wearmouth Bridge, the announcement for the Londonderry is still used. This knocks the system out for the last few minutes of the journey. This will be changed in the near future, though I'm not sure at present if there will be a voice announcement for it.

(20 Oct 2015, 4:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Closure of Chowdene Bridge from 26 October 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...tober-2015

Go North East will be operating the shuttle bus using MPD 542.

It's still currently off the road, and MPD 544 was towed into Riverside Depot close by MPD 542 today (the yellow truck looked incredibly impressive - appeared to be an Alpha one without any blue stickers), so quite possible that it is donating parts to 542.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:22 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Every vehicle with Next Stop Announcements was checked at the end of August - the system worked on every vehicle. The volume is a little too quiet on the Fab56 double deckers now: the volume setting is very deceiving at night, when there's no other noise, compared to when it's out in service with a large amount of passengers on-board. What's more, the same volume setting is used on the Angel double-deckers, and these sound much louder.

Heading into Sunderland after the Wearmouth Bridge, the announcement for the Londonderry is still used. This knocks the system out for the last few minutes of the journey. This will be changed in the near future, though I'm not sure at present if there will be a voice announcement for it.

Go North East will be operating the shuttle bus using MPD 542.

It's still currently off the road, and MPD 544 was towed into Riverside Depot close by MPD 542 today (the yellow truck looked incredibly impressive - appeared to be an Alpha one without any blue stickers), so quite possible that it is donating parts to 542.

Honestly though i think people still call the area "The Londonderry", although it should be changed, it shouldn't make a difference... i imagine the new announcement would be "Keel Square", as it stops right it front of it.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Honestly though i think people still call the area "The Londonderry", although it should be changed, it shouldn't make a difference... i imagine the new announcement would be "Keel Square", as it stops right it front of it.

Yes, I think it will be St. Mary's Way, Keel Square and then St. Michael's Way, before arriving at Park Lane.

I'm not sure if the stop at Keel Square is in use yet, so I'll have to ask the question!
(20 Oct 2015, 6:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, I think it will be St. Mary's Way, Keel Square and then St. Michael's Way, before arriving at Park Lane.

I'm not sure if the stop at Keel Square is in use yet, so I'll have to ask the question!

I thought it was, i think the other sides is, where the 700 and 701? stop, along with the current 101 service (Keel Square - Roker).
(20 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Honestly though i think people still call the area "The Londonderry", although it should be changed, it shouldn't make a difference... i imagine the new announcement would be "Keel Square", as it stops right it front of it.
Who could they get to announce it? Mr Elmore has left Metro, so any additional recordings would need to be done by someone else - which obviously wouldn't be ideal.