North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Dec 2014, 12:31 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if the 2/2A will run a better frequancy on a Sunday when changes happen at end of January, as the current 42 runs every 15 minutes on a Sunday, with the 2A hourly, 2C hourly.

Also including late evening

I think Sunday daytime is a 20 min frequency, but unsure if it is going to be 2 x 2 and 1 x 2A or vice versa.
(28 Dec 2014, 12:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I think Sunday daytime is a 20 min frequency, but unsure if it is going to be 2 x 2 and 1 x 2A or vice versa.

Cheers Citaro, thats even better Big Grin

When will buses start to go in the paint shop as the prince bishops need more buses due to a bigger PVR, along with the silver arrows and some less, like the laser? (As it looks on the changes)
SERVICE 2/2A

every 10 mins Mon-Sat Daytime
every 30 mins (Silksworth-Sunderland) and hourly Sunderland-Washington
every 20 mins Sunday daytime
No longer serves Park Lane.

NEW Service 33

Every 30 mins (Mon-Fri daytime) City Centre-Church View-Doxford International (continues as 39)
Every 30 mins (Saturday Daytime) City Centre-Church View

NEW Service 33A

Every 30 mins (Mon-Sat daytime) City Centre-Church View-Doxford Park Morrisons.

Combined 15 min service 33/33A Mon-Sat Daytime, with 35A serving Silsworth every 30 mins on Eve/Sun.

Service 35

Every 30 mins Mon-Sat Daytime
Boldon Cinema-Baxter Rd-Castletown-City Centre-Houghton-Low Moorsley

Service 35A

Every 30 mins Evening/Sunday 
Heworth-Boldon-City Centre-Silksworth-Houghton, then hourly to Low Moorsley, and hourly as X35 to S Hetton.

Service 36

Every 30 mins (Mon-Sat daytime)
Chester-Houghton-City Centre-Ferryboat Lane-Bunny Hill-Town End Farm-Ferryboat Lane.
Avenue Vivian only served towards Houghton & Sunderland.

Service 39

Every 15 mins (Mon-Sat daytime)

Service 61

Sunday Daytime will run every 20 mins.

Service X36

Will terminate at Market Street in Newcastle.
Enterprise Park extension withdrawn.

Service 2 and 60 will interwork on Evenings.

Services 60 & 61 will interwork on Sundays.
(28 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm)minibus1474 wrote [ -> ]SERVICE 2/2A

NEW Service 33

Every 30 mins (Mon-Fri daytime) City Centre-Church View-Doxford International (continues as 39)

NEW Service 33A

Combined 15 min service 33/33A Mon-Sat Daytime, with 35A serving Silsworth every 30 mins on Eve/Sun.

Service 35

Service 35A

Heworth-Boldon-City Centre-Silksworth-Houghton, then hourly to Low Moorsley, and hourly as X35 to S Hetton.

Service 36

Chester-Houghton-City Centre-Ferryboat Lane-Bunny Hill-Town End Farm-Ferryboat Lane.

Service 39

Service 61

Service X36

Cheers for the additional information, i'm quite surprised the Silver Arrows are dropped from Park lane, as the 42 gets a decent passenger load from Park lane.  

Quite surprised to see the 61 increased to every 20 minutes on a Sunday, as i thought changes might of dropped inter working between services..... clearly not.... 
(28 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm)minibus1474 wrote [ -> ]SERVICE 2/2A

NEW Service 33

NEW Service 33A

Service 35

Service 35A

Service 36

Service 39

Service 61

Service X36

You not got a copy of the leaflet you could upload for us?
(28 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]You not got a copy of the leaflet you could upload for us?

I'm popping out tomorrow, ill see if these are in Park Lane travel shop or on any of Deptfords based buses, although i don't have a scanner, ill upload it clearly as i can... if they're available.  
From 25th January the times of most buses on Go North East route 17, between Cramlington and Wallsend, are changed by a few minutes.

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972
(28 Dec 2014, 5:36 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]From 25th January the times of most buses on Go North East route 17, between Cramlington and Wallsend, are changed by a few minutes.

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972

I overheard two gentlemen in Wallsend discussing changes to service 17, and one claimed that he had been 'reliably informed' that service 17 was to decrease to a 30-minute frequency from its current 20-minute frequency, so as to allow the PVR to decrease by one vehicle which will in turn assist with the withdrawal of another Volvo B10BLE from the fleet. Perhaps the timings have had to be altered accordingly for the Cramlington 'extension' of the route?
(28 Dec 2014, 5:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I overheard two gentlemen in Wallsend discussing changes to service 17, and one claimed that he had been 'reliably informed' that service 17 was to decrease to a 30-minute frequency from its current 20-minute frequency, so as to allow the PVR to decrease by one vehicle which will in turn assist with the withdrawal of another Volvo B10BLE from the fleet. Perhaps the timings have had to be altered accordingly for the Cramlington 'extension' of the route?

So the 17 is going to be hourly - are you kidding me?
(28 Dec 2014, 8:21 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So the 17 is going to be hourly - are you kidding me?

I'll be a little more explicit than before...

Providing the two gents I overheard were correct, then the frequency will be every 30 minutes from Whitley Bay to Benton ASDA (as opposed to current 20 minute frequency), and hourly from Benton ASDA to Cramlington (as present). I assume there will be some increased layover time to stamp out any reliability issues that there may be, too.

I'm not too sure why the Northumberland timetable only lists the hourly extensions to Cramlington...
(28 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'll be a little more explicit than before...

Providing the two gents I overheard were correct, then the frequency will be every 30 minutes from Whitley Bay to Benton ASDA (as opposed to current 20 minute frequency), and hourly from Benton ASDA to Cramlington (as present). I assume there will be some increased layover time to stamp out any reliability issues that there may be, too.

I'm not too sure why the Northumberland timetable only lists the hourly extensions to Cramlington...

Oh right - still not happy with that, and reliability isn't as bad as other services like the Coaster.
(28 Dec 2014, 8:29 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Oh right - still not happy with that, and reliability isn't as bad as other services like the Coaster.

It comes as little surprise, if I'm honest. In my limited experience using service 17, it has not justified a 20-minute frequency.

It could be argued that Go North East is looking to increase the profitability of service 17 so that an upgrade can be justified in the near future? I still think that OmniCitys would work a treat on service 17!
For the 17, Streetlites could be justified and despite the length of the route, the sections (with the exception of Burn Bank) aren't too demanding for the little 4.5l lump.
(28 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]For the 17, Streetlites could be justified and despite the length of the route, the sections (with the exception of Burn Bank) aren't too demanding for the little 4.5l lump.

Considering Arriva's examples can handle the demanding 1-in-4 banks of Saltburn, Carlin How, Loftus and Lythe with ease - I think your argue of small engined vehicles falls short. As it's not the fuel capacity, it's the BHP (Arriva's Streetlites are 210bhp).
(28 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]For the 17, Streetlites could be justified and despite the length of the route, the sections (with the exception of Burn Bank) aren't too demanding for the little 4.5l lump.

The 17 doesn't go up the Burn Bank anyway.
Changes have being posted for Sunderland and other areas..

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...ruary-2015

Some services have being ripped apart... bloody hell
(29 Dec 2014, 10:07 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Changes have being posted for Sunderland and other areas..

Some services have being ripped apart... bloody hell

The 82 and 83 are pretty confusing! Tongue

Seems like there'll be no evening or Sunday service between Concord and Heworth, with daytime journeys operating via Grange Crescent and High Heworth Lane. As well as this, new works service, 982, is introduced between Concord and Stevenson Industrial Estate.
(29 Dec 2014, 10:27 am)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]The 82 and 83 are pretty confusing! Tongue

Seems like there'll be no evening or Sunday service between Concord and Heworth, with daytime journeys operating via Grange Crescent and High Heworth Lane. As well as this, new works service, 982, is introduced between Concord and Stevenson Industrial Estate. In case nobody noticed it, I've added the timetable for the 982.

Ye they do, its the laser all over again! Tongue 
(29 Dec 2014, 10:07 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Changes are being posted for Sunderland and other areas..

Due to the above changes, the PVR of a number of services will decrease:
  • 17: PVR - 1
  • 27: PVR - 1
  • 40/41: PVR - 1
  • 56: PVR - 1
  • 82/83: PVR - 1
  • X36: PVR - 1
This will result in a number of repaints and transfers around the region, though these will be established closer to the time. I'd suggest that it's quite likely that further Volvo Olympians will be disposed of due to these expected transfers though, so get some photos and suchlike while you can...
(29 Dec 2014, 10:36 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Due to the above changes, the PVR of a number of services will decrease:

• 17: PVR - 1
  • 27: PVR - 1
  • 40/41: PVR - 1
  • 56: PVR - 1
  • 82/83: PVR - 1
  • X36: PVR - 1
This will result in a number of repaints and transfers around the region, though these will be established closer to the time. I'd suggest that it's quite likely that further Volvo Olympians will be disposed of due to these expected transfers though, so get some photos and suchlike while you can...

Least we will know what the PVR's is for services changing.

For the fast cat's id imagine that its 4954 which will get painted, due to being the lowest fleet number for the fast cats and being one of the older examples. 

I'm terrible at working out the PVR's but would u say this is around right for the new PVR's for Sunderland..............

2/2A – 13 PVR 
20/20A – 19 PVR?
33 – 2 PRV
33A – 2 PVR
35 – 8 PVR
36 – 7 PVR
38/238 – 5 PVR?
39 – 7 PVR

Also noticed the 99/99A changes DID not go ahead. 

Stand changes - Looks like Stands F and J will have no buses at all.....