North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Oct 2015, 6:12 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]6 WILL interwork with X70/X71, service to be operated by ommidekkas NOT B9s

Thought so, wasn't sure on the interworking part =).
Will 5201/5202 be branded for the DU2 to Urshaw College, or will they remain as they are in Corporate Livery?

As for the Toon Link Scania Omnicities, I never thought it was worth branding the 31/32 anyway as the Services carry nothing but fresh air during the day, so moving them back to Stanley for the revised X30/X31/X32 is good move I think, about time these Services had a decent brand again.

I think the remaining Diamond Citaros will end up on the 57 as others have suggested, saying that I still think the 57 should fall under the CityLink brand alongside the 58 mind.

The new V7/V8 I can honestly say will require a Vehicle bigger than an Optare Solo SR, used the X43 a few times from MetroCentre to Stanley and it has been quite full when a full sized single decker has been used, ohh and how often has a Double Decker appeared on the X43, almost a daily allocation isnt it, correct me if I am wrong, I think a few Solos will be going elsewhere possibly.
(04 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The new V7/V8 I can honestly say will require a Vehicle bigger than an Optare Solo SR, used the X43 a few times from MetroCentre to Stanley and it has been quite full when a full sized single decker has been used, ohh and how often has a Double Decker appeared on the X43, almost a daily allocation isnt it, correct me if I am wrong, I think a few Solos will be going elsewhere possibly.

I can't help but agree with this. I have never been on it when the normal Streetlite has been allocated but on bank holidays, it gets packed. Maybe the increased frequency will help combat loadings and it won't get as busy but I still think that peak times and bank holidays will be an issue.
(04 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Will 5201/5202 be branded for the DU2 to Urshaw College, or will they remain as they are in Corporate Livery?

As for the Toon Link Scania Omnicities, I never thought it was worth branding the 31/32 anyway as the Services carry nothing but fresh air during the day, so moving them back to Stanley for the revised X30/X31/X32 is good move I think, about time these Services had a decent brand again.

I think the remaining Diamond Citaros will end up on the 57 as others have suggested, saying that I still think the 57 should fall under the CityLink brand alongside the 58 mind.

The new V7/V8 I can honestly say will require a Vehicle bigger than an Optare Solo SR, used the X43 a few times from MetroCentre to Stanley and it has been quite full when a full sized single decker has been used, ohh and how often has a Double Decker appeared on the X43, almost a daily allocation isnt it, correct me if I am wrong, I think a few Solos will be going elsewhere possibly.

I thought Citaro's at first but now 5293 has gone signal blue, i'm not sure.... unless they giving the V7/V8 a new brand brand but then Venture number system would be pointless.... not disagreeing at all though that they'll need bigger buses.... Scania L94's in Venture yellow?....
There was a NIS Venture SR kicking about the Metrocentre today. Must have been on route learning duties.
(04 Oct 2015, 7:52 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]There was a NIS Venture SR kicking about the Metrocentre today. Must have been on route learning duties.

Yeah, it passed me at Swalwell Roundabout coming from Blaydon. It had about 5/6 members of staff on-board - plus driver. 

Perhaps this is an indication that the V7/V8 are going to interwork with the 90. Can't think of any other reason why Blaydon would be included in any route learning duties.
Yep driver training, stanley are doing some gateshead routes, not 100% sure how many runs maybe a few early or additional peak time runs.
(01 Oct 2015, 9:03 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Changes to your Stanley network from 25 October 2015
http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...tober-2015

Note that services X30/X31/X32 will be morphed into the "Toonlink" brand, and the new brand name for services 6 and X70/X71 is "Northern".

GNE have uploaded a PDF of the map for the upcoming Stanley changes: http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...twork-map/

Hopefully the timetables are uploaded today.
GNE have now updated the Tynedale Links timetables to the branded ones...example: http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/72551.7
[/url]
[Image: 12079530_1687128881501033_90213890855499...e=56A22EF0]
[Image: 12107214_1687128878167700_55136917012697...e=568ABAC2]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/LowFellFocus/photos/pcb.1687128988167689/1687128878167700/?type=3]

Network Rail are going to replace the bridge over the railway that is on Chowdene Bank between Sainsbury’s and the Gold Medal. The road is expected to be closed to all vehicles from around 26th October, probably until late February.
A pedestrian bridge will be installed so that people can use Chowdene bank to walk to and from the Team Valley, but all vehicles will need to use other routes, and diversion signs will point to Eastern Avenue.
Discussions are currently taking place with Sainsbury’s and with Go Ahead buses to minimise the impact of the work.
The work is necessary because the existing bridge is coming to the end of this life. There is currently a weight restriction on the bridge for safety reasons, but traffic engineers are looking at keeping a weight restriction on the new bridge for environmental reasons.
Ron Beadle has asked for Network Rail to provide more information to local people, and we will post more information here when we have an update.

This will help the reliability of 93/94.
Will the new V7/V8 mean that the Venture SRs will be fitted with WiFi like the indiGo Solos? I would think it would be viable.
(05 Oct 2015, 7:52 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Will the new V7/V8 mean that the Venture SRs will be fitted with WiFi like the indiGo Solos? I would think it would be viable.

I would hope so, seems daft not having it, this new V7/V8 route is a good reason why the brand should.
(05 Oct 2015, 7:52 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Will the new V7/V8 mean that the Venture SRs will be fitted with WiFi like the indiGo Solos? I would think it would be viable.
When the changes occur, the Venture network will be made of shorter and longer routes, much like the IndiGo network which has recently received WiFi, so I feel that the Venture network should also get the benefit of free WiFi.
(05 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]When the changes occur, the Venture network will be made of shorter and longer routes, much like the IndiGo network which has recently received WiFi, so I feel that the Venture network should also get the benefit of free WiFi.

There has to be a business case for it as each unit is not that cheap, then the data charge on top of that each month.  I doubt that Venture will get wifi soon.
The Stanley network map:

Note that the 78A will still serve High Handenhold unlike the 8/8A. Haven't stopped the 16A at Stanley either.
Just saw the promotional animation for the new 16 / 16A and new 6 on FB. The latter showed a Gemini 2. Howay, are there any red buses parked up in Scarborough or for that matter, silver ones parked up in Northern Ireland?
(06 Oct 2015, 3:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The Stanley network map:

Note that the 78A will still serve High Handenhold unlike the 8/8A. Haven't stopped the 16A at Stanley either.

Wonder if that's a mistake?, would seem daft not to keep the 15 minute frequency from Stanley.
(06 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if that's a mistake?, would seem daft not to keep the 15 minute frequency from Stanley.

It is. Only the 16 will continue from Stanley to Castleside. That way the current frequencies are kept.

(06 Oct 2015, 3:43 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Just saw the promotional animation for the new 16 / 16A and new 6 on FB. The latter showed a Gemini 2. Howay, are there any red buses parked up in Scarborough or for that matter, silver ones parked up in Northern Ireland?

It has already been confirmed that the 6, X70 and X71 will interwork using Omnidekkas. The B9 is just there for illustrational purposes.

Post in question though: https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE?fref=ts
Timetable for X32 is now available on traveline. This service is not serving Kibblesworth. According to the stopping points listed it is Ouston then Team Valley. Shame that.
(06 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]Timetable for X32 is now available on traveline. This service is not serving Kibblesworth. According to the stopping points listed it is Piston then Team Valley. Shame that.

Only for those in Kibblesworth Wink