North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems Go North East are adding the new routes for services on its site, example:

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/prince-bishops/
(14 Jan 2015, 7:43 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]With regards to the bus lane and the services in and out of Heworth using it:

Service 4 is fully commercially operated, and this is the service seeing an increase in frequency on evenings and Sundays. Between Heworth and Concord, after 19:23, services 82/82A are also commercially operated. These journeys will be withdrawn and replaced by the increased frequency of service 4, from the first week in February. As I have said before, the resources saved from cutting services 82/82A on an evening/Sunday go into the revised 4 service. The Concord - Birtley section of the route is secured by Nexus, and this section remains unchanged on evenings/Sundays.

As service 29A is not commercially operated, this service was not subject to Go North East's changes, and remains unchanged (albeit re-numbered to coincide with the new 35/36 service route numbers). The buses, in my experience, run empty, but this is clearly how Nexus wishes to use public money. I think there will be some logic behind it, however. The weekday service of Nexus-secured 558 terminates at Heworth, but on Sundays, the service is curtailed at Cotswold Estate (just after Boldon ASDA). The resource which would have been needed to continue the 558 to Heworth (which would have otherwise been saved) has continued to be pumped into the half-hourly 29A service, despite the fact that there's no great need for it. At least that tax-payer funded bus lane will be getting used, eh? 

I agree the only main part used of the route on the current 29A is Sunderland - Town end Farm, funding should be used else where but maybe terminating one of the 29A's at Boldon Asda, so only 1 an hour go to Heworth, means some funding can go else where?
New timetables are continuing to appear on www.simplygo.com

Services 2/2A will be Simplicty.

Service 61 will be silver Go North East.

Service 39 will be red Go North East.
(15 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]New timetables are continuing to appear on www.simplygo.com

Maybe a hint of where these silver Mercedes buses are go eh..... Tongue
(15 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]New timetables are continuing to appear on www.simplygo.com

Maybe a hint as to where these silver Mercedes vehicles are going eh.... Tongue
(05 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Cheers.

(15 Jan 2015, 3:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Maybe a hint as to where these silver Mercedes vehicles are going eh.... Tongue
Under a New Brand maybe.
This will then be the third brand name for the 61, fourth livery. Drifter cream, Drifter Green, SimpliCity then new brand.
Very pleased that the Mercs appear to be going to 61!
Wonder what the brand name will be? It shouldn't keep Silver Arrows.
New 50 timetable uploaded but hasnt been updated to show omnicity
I would expect service 35 will be plain gold colour (by the draft timetable it states Gold as per (laser Gold colour)) similar as the silver going onto service 61.

Can the simplicity versas manage Washington to Silksworth with the loadings between Sunderland and Washington?.

I would of expected that the 45/46 would of been upgraded by now or soon and putting the red kite Omni's on less demanding short routes, what does other members think?.
 I would like to see the red kite buses upgraded, hopefully this happens this year :p

Not sure whats happening with the 35/35A/36, Citaro may let us know if were nice to him... Tongue

Ffs fourm is still taking ages
(17 Jan 2015, 4:05 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I would expect service 35 will be plain gold colour (by the draft timetable it states Gold as per (laser Gold colour)) similar as the silver going onto service 61.

Can the simplicity versas manage Washington to Silksworth with the loadings between Sunderland and Washington?.

I would of expected that the 45/46 would of been upgraded by now or soon and putting the red kite Omni's on less demanding short routes, what does other members think?.

Beyond peaks, I haven't seen the loadings on the 2a/2c justify the frequency or capacity that is seen currently.

Between Shiney Row/Penshaw Washington, the services follow others around.
Obviously, this will partly change, following the decision to stop the M3/82A going over 'Malarkey Bridge' at Wear Ind Est - but you still have a very frequent service between Lambton and Galleries and also between Penshaw/Shiney/Fatfield and Galleries.

Ditto between Shiney and Sunderland, with the 78 and then everything that joins it along Chester Road.
Wonder if Deptford will keep the 2 spare versa's or will they go else where?
(17 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Beyond peaks, I haven't seen the loadings on the 2a/2c justify the frequency or capacity that is seen currently.
And even though a Citaro looks a lot bigger than a Versa, I think there is only about 8 difference in capacity against the 2.  Of course I think it would be more comfortable when full on a Citaro.
Bus firm defends decision to change South Shields to Sunderland service.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-7053494
(17 Jan 2015, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bus firm defends decision to change South Shields to Sunderland service.

Pretty much the standard reaction when a direct bus service is lost. A few people are affected and it ends up with claiming that loads of people make the journey and don't like the fact that a few people have lost their direct link.

Is it so bad changing buses in Park Lane as it's not like there is only a limited amount of buses to connect to.
(05 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Cheers.

(17 Jan 2015, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bus firm defends decision to change South Shields to Sunderland service.

Cant see why they are complaining for to be honest, as theyll be able to get on 2/2A Every 10 Minutes, the revised 35/36 Every 10 Minutes, and finally 39 and 700 every 15 Minutes and 78 Every 30 Minutes, unless they are Travelling with Stagecoach on the E1/E2 and E6 in which they can then get on the 16 which Every 10 Minutes I think, not as if there isnt any Buses now is it from Sunderland City Centre to the Royal Hospital.

yes, I saw that in my facebook news feed a few hours ago.   passengers don't know how to transfer onto another bus to get to their destination. it seems that majority of passengers wants a bus service from door to door, just like the PTE days which in turn ran the bus services into the ground.
There's nowt at Rainton Gate...

Certainly not a 'growing employment centre'.

Presuming he meant Rainton Bridge, there was already a bus from Shields to Rainton Bridge. I am guessing less than 16 people a day got a direct bus too.

I would also question the 16 people from South Shields to the hospital line.
A day ticket wouldn't necessarily record where a person disembarked.
Ditto, the number of passengers getting a bus from places such as Harton, Cleadon, Newcastle Road etc.
(17 Jan 2015, 5:34 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Cant see why they are complaining for to be honest, as theyll be able to get on 2/2A Every 10 Minutes, the revised 35/36 Every 10 Minutes, and finally 39 and 700 every 15 Minutes and 78 Every 30 Minutes, unless they are Travelling with Stagecoach on the E1/E2 and E6 in which they can then get on the 16 which Every 10 Minutes I think, not as if there isnt any Buses now is it from Sunderland City Centre to the Royal Hospital.

The new 35 is every 30 minutes and the new 36 will be every 30 minutes.
The Shields to Sunderland Hospital is a complete non-story. There must be a bus every two or three mins between the City Centre and the Hospital?