North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 Mar 2016, 10:20 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, did not expect GNE to take it over.

I did!!
Also looks like the 99 is withdrawn.
The long 38 is going too.

Not surprised at all.
Carries as much fresh air as the 35a did when that went to Rainton Bridge.

A through route, similar to the 20a may work better, as the service isn't so reliant on customers only heading to Rainton Bridge then.

Wonder if the 35/36 changes are connected?
(31 Mar 2016, 11:12 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Also looks like the 99 is withdrawn.

A new one could be put on at a later date but not shocked if it does get withdrawn.
(31 Mar 2016, 11:03 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I did!!

It just seems random that its GNE, thought it could of been a independent company.
Going back to the changes.

Is the 39A for the times that the 39 are secured?
(31 Mar 2016, 12:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]A new one could be put on at a later date but not shocked if it does get withdrawn.

What will people for the airshow do?
(31 Mar 2016, 2:24 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]What will people for the airshow do?

Use the airshow shuttles, perhaps.............?
(31 Mar 2016, 2:24 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]What will people for the airshow do?

(31 Mar 2016, 2:35 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Use the airshow shuttles, perhaps.............?

The extended use of ellipsis here comes across as if you're suggesting that this is a silly question, R852 PRG, when quite frankly that's not the case. Given that Biglugs lives in the North Sunderland Estates, he's probably well equipped to comment on high usage of this service on an airshow weekend, but sadly there's just no commercial viability in operating the service for a special event which occurs annually, one weekend.

To answer the question... Passengers in Downhill and Hylton Red House will have the option of travelling of using the Park & Ride service from the Community North Sports Complex, Downhill on Kingsway North; passengers from Silksworth, Town End Farm and Southwick will have the option of travelling to the City Centre on services 35/36 followed by a connection to the A1 service; but passengers from Pallion will have no other option but to use a Stagecoach bus and the appropriate connecting service to the airshow.
Pallion have the 10/11 to the city centre, most of the people who live in Pallion probables use Stagecoach buses.

The 18 also runs to Seaburn during the Saturday so that's another bus.

Sundays they would have to go to city centre and connect with the 501? Or the E's..
(31 Mar 2016, 11:49 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The long 38 is going too.

Not surprised at all.
Carries as much fresh air as the 35a did when that went to Rainton Bridge.

A through route, similar to the 20a may work better, as the service isn't so reliant on customers only heading to Rainton Bridge then.

Wonder if the 35/36 changes are connected?

Will the 38/238 PVR drop?

Deptford will have 2 B10's come free once the 99 goes to.
(31 Mar 2016, 6:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will the 38/238 PVR drop?

Deptford will have 2 B10's come free once the 99 goes to.

Looking at the changes for the 38, the PVR will drop. Assuming it keeps the same frequency on the short 38.
The removal of the long 38 will be where the reduction comes from.

The 33 may need an extra vehicle, with it extending to Hendon.
It will be interesting to see if it picks up part of the 99 route.
(31 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Looking at the changes for the 38, the PVR will drop. Assuming it keeps the same frequency on the short 38.
The removal of the long 38 will be where the reduction comes from.

The 33 may need an extra vehicle, with it extending to Hendon.
It will be interesting to see if it picks up part of the 99 route.

Not sure if GNE would risk going back in to Pallion/Seaburn again, as its all Stagecoach.

The likes of the 35/36 will pick up passengers from Castletown/Hylton Castle
Downhill - X36

----------
Seems to be loads of route changes for the Sunderland services, wonder if its to do with "North Street West" going 2 ways soon.
(31 Mar 2016, 6:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not sure if GNE would risk going back in to Pallion/Seaburn again, as its all Stagecoach.

The likes of the 35/36 will pick up passengers from Castletown/Hylton Castle
Downhill - X36

----------
Seems to be loads of route changes for the Sunderland services, wonder if its to do with "North Street West" going 2 ways soon.

When were the last lot of Sunderland changes? They must be due another re-jig Wink
(31 Mar 2016, 6:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]When were the last lot of Sunderland changes? They must be due another re-jig Wink

When the 35/35A etc changed... maybe a couple of years ago now.

I don't think we will see dramatic changes though, i still think it could be something to do with High Street West... i could be wrong.. as the 2/2A also has a route change and timetable.
(31 Mar 2016, 6:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]When the 35/35A etc changed... maybe a couple of years ago now.

I don't think we will see dramatic changes though, i still think it could be something to do with High Street West... i could be wrong.. as the 2/2A also has a route change and timetable.

Id say that it was January last year? At least they've left it over a year Smile
(31 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Id say that it was January last year? At least they've left it over a year Smile

I do hope when they change services they think of the passengers
(31 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Id say that it was January last year? At least they've left it over a year Smile

Ye, it was from 25 January 2015.

Still done they've done well, like i said before, i think we'll only see a few changes.
(31 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]I do hope when they change services they think of the passengers

I think it'll be the same as the upcoming ones, they'll of checked passenger numbers etc:

Our new timetables have been based on the information from the real time systems that are fitted on each bus and this has allowed us to reflect the time its taking to cope with traffic delays throughout the day. We've looked through the data from each route so that we can create timetables that will make our services more reliable for you, our customers.
(31 Mar 2016, 6:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]When the 35/35A etc changed... maybe a couple of years ago now.

(31 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Id say that it was January last year? At least they've left it over a year Smile

After the world famous Park Lane consultation!

I can't see the long 38 nor the 99 not being replaced in part at least.
By that virtue alone, I am sure we will see changes that equate to more than just adaptations due to a new road layout.

Sure we will find out in due course.