North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all these posts, you would think the changes for January had been posted somewhere  Tongue
Surprised to see the 50 omitting ayton, sometimes pick a few up. Great to see the 21 will operate via the daytime route on evenings.
What would be the best thing to happen is:

Option 1:

- 6084 to Riverside in plain silver livery with GNE logo on windscreen and above passenger door and drivers cab window with the TTX "X" (not brand name or anything else) Vinyls painted on both sides of the vehicle in black. The vehicle could then be mainly allocated to the TEN in place of 3942 but if required, could also step in on the TTX like what 6071 does in fact, taking over the role of 6071 due of 6071 being branded for the TEN. 3942 would then be repainted into Northern red and transferred to Percy Main as a last resort Cobalt Clipper spare.

Option 2:
- This option deviates from the long term investment plan (gaining money back from a certain service that the vehicle was purchased for) and instead looks at route demands. 6084 as above would transfer to Riverside but purely for the TTX with 6117 joining from Percy Main but purely for the TEN. In turn, 3963 and 3942 could then transfer to Percy Main as spares but the only problem would be that if the current CC PVR of 16 ran into reliability issues (timekeeping) further down the line (been OK up to now) and GNE decided to with the exception of Sunday daytime, split the 309 / 310 so that they no longer inter work with the 310 / X39 running with a PVR of 7 and the 309 running with a PVR of 10 with 309 changeovers taking place in New York, Percy Main would then be short of a full specification vehicle for the Cobalt Clipper services.
(29 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Surprised to see the 50 omitting ayton, sometimes pick a few up. Great to see the 21 will operate via the daytime route on evenings.
Me too. Whatever time of day I've used the 50, it's always picked up and dropped off there.
Ayton to/from the Galleries or Ayton to/from Chester?

If it's the Galleries, then the 82 (or whatever it is being called these days) will do the job.
If it's Chester, then punters can get a Buzzfare (not that I agree with making customers pay more).

It might help with reliability on the 50, with it missing Ayton out.
(29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It might help with reliability on the 50, with it missing Ayton out.

Something needed to be done to the 50 to improve reliability, it often seems to be running late when I've seen / rode it, part of the reason the Arriva 62 runs the same route as the 50 between Framwellgate Moor and the Arnison Centre was because a more reliable service was wanted.
(29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Ayton to/from the Galleries or Ayton to/from Chester?

If it's the Galleries, then the 82 (or whatever it is being called these days) will do the job.
If it's Chester, then punters can get a Buzzfare (not that I agree with making customers pay more).

Both directions.

Go North East stated on their website that the changes are being made to improve reliability, with the service operating direct between Lambton and Chester-le-Street. Haven't looked at the timetable, but I'm guessing the time saved by not serving Ayton will be used up in increased layover time and/or recovery time at a timing point mid-route.
(29 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Both directions.

Go North East stated on their website that the changes are being made to improve reliability, with the service operating direct between Lambton and Chester-le-Street. Haven't looked at the timetable, but I'm guessing the time saved by not serving Ayton will be used up in increased layover time and/or recovery time at a timing point mid-route.

A quick look and it seems 1 extra minute at chester & concord.
(29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Ayton to/from the Galleries or Ayton to/from Chester?

The 50 should gain 4 to 5 Minutes by not serving Ayton which no doubt be used as Layover time along the Route to improve reliabillity, This change will also cause a few issues for a few of my Former Work Colleagues getting to Work in the near future as it removes the direct Service they currently have, this therefore means theyll either have to Walk to Lambton to get the 50 or alternatively get the 82/82A to Birtley then onto a 21 to Chester le Street, which also results in a 5 Minute Journey to Work becoming a lot longer than that.

As for the 82/82A Changes, I am 100% certain GNE have used an Idea I came up with a while back by operating the Service through Leam Lane to Heworth, rather than going down Felling Bypass, and I am pretty someone on here said GNE also used one of my Suggestions for the upcoming Sunderland changes also, might of been the Silksworth to Doxford Park link iirc.

#InfluencingChangeToYourBusServices
#HashtagsOnNEB
(29 Dec 2014, 2:19 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]As for the 82/82A Changes, I am 100% certain GNE have used an Idea I came up with a while back by operating the Service through Leam Lane to Heworth, rather than going down Felling Bypass, and I am pretty someone on here said GNE also used one of my Suggestions for the upcoming Sunderland changes also, might of been the Silksworth to Doxford Park link iirc.

#InfluencingChangeToYourBusServices
#HashtagsOnNEB

It goes without saying that if the company receives suggestions, they will review them. If a few customers are requesting the same thing, then it's obvious they need to look at whether the idea can feasibly be carried out or not.

I e-mailed the company to suggest an express service from Sunderland to Middlesbrough, after I put my ideas on here about re-routing one of the TTX services through Sunderland (probably just me wanting to ride the Volvo B9s on reflection), and look what came out in the end... Certainly had more luck with Go North East being responsive about looking at making service changes than Stagecoach!
Stanley Travels last days of operating services 706/707 are coming up (30th & 31st) if anybody wants photos.
Seeing as people are claiming credit for services changing, the FPF want some credit too...

Just need them to sort out fares and get a service back to Newcastle.
Mind, the Avenue Vivian bad boys (or whatever they're called), deserve some credit too.
(29 Dec 2014, 2:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Seeing as people are claiming credit for services changing, the FPF want some credit too...

Just need them to sort out fares and get a service back to Newcastle.
Mind, the Avenue Vivian bad boys (or whatever they're called), deserve some credit too.

Passengers on the 4 have done well recently, like, haven't they?!
(29 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Both directions.

The 50 and Ayton is becoming a Yo-Yo. I can think of about 3 times over the past 6-7 years where it's been put back in and then taken out of Ayton. In essence, there should be no real need for a route like the 50 to serve either Ayton or Lambton, which would massively assist with reliability. Just run it 100% direct between the Galleries and Chester le Street again.

A Chester le Street terminus should ideally be served by a mini bus service to and from Washington, combining with the frequency of the 8.
RE: The 82/82A/83 changes. Is the 83 just being binned altogether? It goes on about axing the Concord-Heworth section, then the Birtley-Rickleton section? Then it's missing altogether from the new timetable that's linked at the bottom?

Also, Arriva provide no buses between Washington and Heworth, as mentioned in the news article? All Arriva 82/83 runs terminate at Concord? Will through-fares still be available connecting to and from the 4?
(29 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]RE: The 82/82A/83 changes. Is the 83 just being binned altogether? It goes on about axing the Concord-Heworth section, then the Birtley-Rickleton section? Then it's missing altogether from the new timetable that's linked at the bottom?

Also, Arriva provide no buses between Washington and Heworth, as mentioned in the news article? All Arriva 82/83 runs terminate at Concord? Will through-fares still be available connecting to and from the 4?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found this confusing.

I feel it should have started off with something like 'Service 83 will be renumbered...' or 'Service 83 will be withdrawn and replaced by...' before going into detail about the changes. 
Although some of the changes are positive, it must be realised that the overall effect is a decrease in service. Assuming the PVR changes on post #719 are correct and routes 27 and 56 save one bus each, GNE's claim that they are to improve reliability is being somewhat economical with the truth. Like most of the other alterations they are principally to reduce the number of buses and staff to save money, thus increasing profits again at the expense of providing passengers with a stable service. Someone complained that Stagecoach don't take any notice of their suggestions, but Stagecoach don't seem to think it necessary to constantly cut their services and are presumably satisfied with their level of profit.
(29 Dec 2014, 4:32 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I'm glad I'm not the only one that found this confusing.

I feel it should have started off with something like 'Service 83 will be renumbered...' or 'Service 83 will be withdrawn and replaced by...' before going into detail about the changes. 

It would seem that the article even confuses customer services...

me:

Regarding the news article - http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...uary-2015/ 

Could you tell me exactly what changes are being made to the 82/82A/83 please? The points listed in the article are over-confusing.
keylive:
Hi - Can I ask which points you are finding confusing?
me:
To clarify, you state that the 83 will no longer operate between Concord and Heworth, then further on, state that the 83 will no longer operate between Birtley and Rickleton. What is the new route? It doesn't appear to be in the timetable at all now?
me:
Furthermore, you state that the evening journeys  between Heworth and Lambton, provided by Arriva, continue to operate unchanged. Arriva don't operate any services to Heworth, and all their 82/83 runs terminate at Concord?
me:
And will through fares still be valid for those using the Arriva 82/83, wanting to continue their journey to Heworth (via the 4 now), and vice versa?
keylive:
Could you please take a moment to fill out the following form so that these issues can be addressed? Thank you. http://www.simplygo.com/contactusform/

Huh
(29 Dec 2014, 4:36 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Although some of the changes are positive, it must be realised that the overall effect is a decrease in service. Assuming the PVR changes on post #719 are correct and routes 27 and 56 save one bus each, GNE's claim that they are to improve reliability is being somewhat economical with the truth. Like most of the other alterations they are principally to reduce the number of buses and staff to save money, thus increasing profits again at the expense of providing passengers with a stable service. Someone complained that Stagecoach don't take any notice of their suggestions, but Stagecoach don't seem to think it necessary to constantly cut their services and are presumably satisfied with their level of profit.

The thing is, outside of peak hours, do services 27 or 56 really require a 10 minute frequency? Probably not. 

I understand the argument you make about the reduction of services and you are right to highlight that point. However, if services are allowed more time at terminus points in an attempt to improve reliability (and, of course, to reduce wastage), then asking passengers to wait an extra two minutes for a bus really isn't a big deal - in my opinion. 
(29 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]The thing is, outside of peak hours, do services 27 or 56 really require a 10 minute frequency? Probably not. 

I understand the argument you make about the reduction of services and you are right to highlight that point. However, if services are allowed more time at terminus points in an attempt to improve reliability (and, of course, to reduce wastage), then asking passengers to wait an extra two minutes for a bus really isn't a big deal - in my opinion. 

Can I also point out that, in both cases, the PVR could have been reduced by two vehicles (with an extremely tight timetable). Go North East has only removed one vehicle from both PVRs, allowing for increased layover and recovery time mid-route, in an attempt to improve reliability. It's a similar story with the new 20 service: a PVR of 18 could have been achieved with an extremely tight timetable, but there will be approximately 20 minutes in layover/recovery time meaning that the PVR is in fact 20. If my memory serves, a similar story with one of the new 35/36 services too... 

I live on the 56 route and regularly use it to travel to Concord, and if I'm honest, having to wait an extra two minutes at a bus stop doesn't phase me in the slightest. It's better than what we have at the moment, where you can find yourself waiting an extra ten, as they're running in twos...