North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Feb 2016, 12:05 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Cheers mate

No probs Smile
Found a couple of upcoming changes on the Northumberland Council site, these are for 20th/26th March:

On Go North East route 19, on the 20th March, Ashington - Cramlington - Cobalt - North Shields, some early morning and late evening journeys are retimed or cancelled - Link to the timetable keeps going to the 15 from Spirit buses... hopefully changed soon.

------------------

From 26th March, buses on Go North East route 185, Haltwhistle - Gilsland, extend to Birdoswald Roman Fort on Hadrian's Wall, in association with the Hadrian's Wall - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...03_185.pdf

From 26th March, the 1220 Haltwhistle-Alston and 1400 Alston-Haltwhistle on Go Notrh East route 681 run 20 minutes later - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...03_681.pdf
(01 Mar 2016, 5:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Found a couple of upcoming changes on the Northumberland Council site, these are for 20th/26th March:

On Go North East route 19, on the 20th March, Ashington - Cramlington - Cobalt - North Shields, some early morning and late evening journeys are retimed or cancelled - Link to the timetable keeps going to the 15 from Spirit buses... hopefully changed soon.

------------------

From 26th March, buses on Go North East route 185, Haltwhistle - Gilsland, extend to Birdoswald Roman Fort on Hadrian's Wall, in association with the Hadrian's Wall - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...03_185.pdf

From 26th March, the 1220 Haltwhistle-Alston and 1400 Alston-Haltwhistle on Go Notrh East route 681 run 20 minutes later - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...03_681.pdf

New 19 timetable no online on the Northumberland council site: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...603_19.pdf
(04 Mar 2016, 11:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New 19 timetable no online on the Northumberland council site: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...603_19.pdf

Changes to Coaster 1 and Cobalt Connect 19 from 20 March

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...m-20-march
(04 Mar 2016, 12:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Changes to Coaster 1 and Cobalt Connect 19 from 20 March

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...m-20-march

19 timetable

Hope they have not been printed.

Sunday trips have code B, runs to Percy Main 2 mins later, instead of these trips are operated by Nexusbus with gne tickets tickets valid but not for sale.
Also, mon-sat evening trips not shown.
Metro replacements.

PB0002400/592 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: North Shields
Finish Point: Four Lane Ends
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 05-MAR-2016
Other Details: 5th,6th 12th,13th March, 2016 16th,17th,23rd,24th April 2016 only
(04 Mar 2016, 5:34 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Metro replacements.

PB0002400/592 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Via:
Other Details: 5th,6th 12th,13th March, 2016 16th,17th,23rd,24th April 2016 only

Will percy main loan buses
(04 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Will percy main loan buses

Why would Percy Main loan buses?
(04 Mar 2016, 6:02 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Why would Percy Main loan buses?

Because they don't have enough to operate the 900? 

Think about it...
(04 Mar 2016, 6:05 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Because they don't have enough to operate the 900? 

Think about it...

Percy Main wouldn't loan them, other depots would

Think about that...
(04 Mar 2016, 6:08 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Percy Main wouldn't loan them, other depots would

Think about that...

Percy Main would be loaning buses from another depot. Therefore, I can't see anything wrong with using the word 'loan', despite borrowing maybe being more appropriate.

The annoying thing is you know fine well what he meant, you just decided to, once again, insult him discretely by trying to fault his posts in a grammatical/structural way. Its effectively bullying and biglugs should be thankful people on here are sticking up for him by biting back.
(04 Mar 2016, 6:14 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Percy Main would be loaning buses from another depot. Therefore, I can't see anything wrong with using the word 'loan', despite borrowing maybe being more appropriate.

The annoying thing is you know fine well what he meant, you just decided to, once again, insult him discretely by trying to fault his posts in a grammatical/structural. Its effectively bullying and biglugs should be thankful people on here are sticking up for him by biting back.

Did I now?...
(04 Mar 2016, 6:16 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Did I now?...

It seems to be a daily thing with you and Big Lugs.

Pack it in - nobody wants to come home on a night and read it.
(04 Mar 2016, 6:16 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Did I now?...

More than likely. I have this view because it is the second day in a row that you have criticised his sentence structure/spelling or whatever it may be.

Now, as I could go on all day here, probably best if we either stop here or move onto PMs.
(04 Mar 2016, 6:20 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]More than likely. I have this view because it is the second day in a row that you have criticised his sentence structure/spelling or whatever it may be.

Now, as I could go on all day here, probably best if we either stop here or move onto PMs.

I clearly didn't know, he wasn't clear enough which isn't my fault, I haven't been the only one to bring this up but it's me everyone starts on....
(04 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I clearly didn't know, he wasn't clear enough which isn't my fault, I haven't been the only one to bring this up but it's me everyone starts on....

There's ways and means of going about asking people to be a bit more clear on a public forum. Snide digs and remarks isn't the correct method, and hopefully 24 hours away from the forum will give you time to think about how these remarks could potentially cause offence.

I (and others) don't come on this forum on a night to read a load of sly digs being thrown around, and the forum's moderation team isn't here to stop playground fights either.
(04 Mar 2016, 5:34 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Metro replacements.

Via:

I'm surprised to see that the south are running this Metro Replacement going by the PB number.
I've said prior that I worked for metro the last time we had the major line closure between Byker and Tynemouth. GNE operated the bus replacement also then (when the ex London presidents operated in Go Ahead London livery). The pvr was spread between numerous GNE depots  but meal breaks etc were taken at Percy Main depot and vehicles and drivers returned to their home depots each evening. Therefore it is possible this years major closure replacements may follow same procedure, in which case there will be no need for any depots to 'loan' vehicles.
(04 Mar 2016, 1:14 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]19 timetable

Hope they have not been printed.

Sunday trips have code B, runs to Percy Main 2 mins later, instead of these trips are operated by Nexusbus with gne tickets tickets valid but not for sale.
Also, mon-sat evening trips not shown.

That definitely needs looking at! Code C is a bit irrelevant too, given that Cobalt South/Newcastle Building Society is listed as a stop.
PB0003954/367 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Sqaure given service number 45/45E/46/47 effective from 17-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.